Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
The prospects are really starting to heat up. Engvall and Bracco in particular. Marchment, Brooks and Moore has been a dominant line too.

I'd love to see the Leafs give a game or two to Marchment and sit out Lindholm.
Completely agree. In terms of next in line for a call-up, its Moore and then Marchment in my eyes. Moore would be a terrific Ennis replacement while Marchment could slot in for Lindholm like you mentioned. Johnsson can PK in Lindholm's absence.

Its getting to the point where you have to see what you have in Marchment because he's been terrific for two straight seasons now and adds a much needed element of grit.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marlies defense is really playing good hockey, they looked great today, I like that Leblanc kid

He's alright as an extra guy. You need those in the AHL. However he's not good enough defensively to be a full-time top 6 guy IMO.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Stephen Dhillon would be an interesting add for the Growlers next year. Made 49 saves against Guelph today.

5 year OHL goalie, 6'5" 203lbs, has carried a pretty mediocre/bad Niagara team for most of his years there. They're decent this year though.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Stephen Dhillon would be an interesting add for the Growlers next year. Made 49 saves against Guelph today.

5 year OHL goalie, 6'5" 203lbs, has carried a pretty mediocre/bad Niagara team for most of his years there. They're decent this year though.

I doubt he's going to take a backup job on the Growlers when he could probably get at least a starting ECHL job elsewhere. Otherwise, he'll probably go to the CIS instead.

Besides, if the Marlies decide to bring in both Woll and Garteig, then they will have 4 goalies in the minors as is.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I doubt he's going to take a backup job on the Growlers when he could probably get at least a starting ECHL job elsewhere. Otherwise, he'll probably go to the CIS instead.

Besides, if the Marlies decide to bring in both Woll and Garteig, then they will have 4 goalies in the minors as is.
Mario Culina was 5-0 with the Growlers and from being a Rangers fan, I think Dhillon is the better goalie (Even though Culina was great for us).

I'd rather see us bring in a better veteran than Garteig for the Marlies to play with Scott or Woll and then go young with the Growlers to compete with the other guy.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Mario Culina was 5-0 with the Growlers and from being a Rangers fan, I think Dhillon is the better goalie (Even though Culina was great for us).

I'd rather see us bring in a better veteran than Garteig for the Marlies to play with Scott or Woll and then go young with the Growlers to compete with the other guy.

Kaskisuo. He's already going to be back and playing with one of them. Garteig would play with the other in the ECHL.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Durzi is showing some real promise. Could be another gem on the right side for the Leafs.

Any updates on if Liljegren is skating or not? Starting to sound like Toronto’s medical staff should have been more diligent before clearing him to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wings4Life

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Durzi is showing some real promise.

Any updates on if Liljegren is skating or not? Starting to sound like Toronto’s medical staff should have been more diligent before clearing him to play.

He was cleared, he practiced and was sent down for a conditioning game. Not sure what else they could have done there.

Reactions: stickty111

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
He was cleared, he practiced and was sent down for a conditioning game. Not sure what else they could have done there.

That’s the issue. He was reportedly hurt on an innocuous play, which indicates to me he was cleared too early. It would be different if someone took out his ankle during the game, but that’s not how it happened.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That’s the issue. He was reportedly hurt on an innocuous play, which indicates to me he was cleared too early. It would be different if someone took out his ankle during the game, but that’s not how it happened.

We're not privy to the medical stuff though? Seems like a stretch to assume he was cleared too early.

If the player and a doctor says he's ready to go... what are they supposed to do? Seems more like bad luck to me.

Reactions: stickty111

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I have never seen someone come back from a high ankle sprain and then reinjure it in the first game back.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

who is Garteig, great name never herad of him. A FA goalie?

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
I have never seen someone come back from a high ankle sprain and then reinjure it in the first game back.

You haven't heard of someone coming back from an injury a bit too early even though they thought it was healed and then realizing it's not quite fully healed? I feel like this literally happens constantly in sports at literally all levels.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
You haven't heard of someone coming back from an injury a bit too early even though they thought it was healed and then realizing it's not quite fully healed? I feel like this literally happens constantly in sports at literally all levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->