Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
At this moment I think the organization has Lil ahead, but I honestly think Sandin could have an easier transition. You?

I think they may give Lily some games before Sandin, but I expect Sandin to quickly leapfrog Lily. He may pass Lily as NHL ready by seasons end, its possible in my opinion.

Reactions: DarkKnight

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think they may give Lily some games before Sandin, but I expect Sandin to quickly leapfrog Lily. He may pass Lily as NHL ready by seasons end, its possible in my opinion.
It wouldnt be a surprise. Sandin was a Dubas pick, who is better then Hunter picks.

Reactions: LeafChief

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Not a great sign that he didn't return, but high-ankle sprains tend to get tweaked and re-aggravated several times before a full recovery.

Agreed, it’s not a great sign. I’m with you in that this could be benign, but either way I hope they keep him out of this weekend’s lineup.

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
Agreed, it’s not a great sign. I’m with you in that this could be benign, but either way I hope they keep him out of this weekend’s lineup.
High ankle sprains take time to heal. He tried to rush back for WJC, missed it. Then probably rushed to try and play in the AHL/ECHL.

Might take him another month till it stops bugging him.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
So who is more NHL ready Sandin or Lily, whats your take?
Sandin might be ready first, depends how much both end up playing this year.

Liljegren is already playimg top pair minutes in the AHL at 19 but Sandin has done better in a short span than Liljegren did in his role last year.

If there is any doubt at all though the Leafs will let Sandin play next year in the AHL and save that extra year on his ELC to get the most out of his cheap years.

Reactions: DarkKnight

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
IMO Sandin is a more polished prospect. I fully expect him to be a more complete NHL player.

Luckily for us, we have both!

I'll never understand the need to put down one of our prospects to build another one of our prospects up. That's just me though. I'm also not 15 years old which some of the other posters on this board cannot say.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
IMO Sandin is a more polished prospect. I fully expect him to be a more complete NHL player.

Luckily for us, we have both!

I'll never understand the need to put down one of our prospects to build another one of our prospects up. That's just me though. I'm also not 15 years old which some of the other posters on this board cannot say.

Yea, agree with your statement. It's seems like some fans don't realize a team consists of six defencemen. There are plenty of spots on the Leafs (or any NHL roster) if a player is is NHL good.
IMO there is no need to have Sandin or Lijegren on the Leafs this season.....maybe there not even Leafs next season.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
According to EliteProspects, Rasanen has been loaned to Kiekko-Vantaa of Mestis league (league below Liiga).
Rasanen is on loan to his team's lower level affiliate (similar to the AHL) as he has just returned from injury. Likely to get him back in game shape.

Liljegren was similarly assigned to the ECHL on a conditioning stint as he has returned from injury. He played last night but appeared to have re-aggravated his injury in the 3rd period.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Rasanen is on loan to his team's lower level affiliate (similar to the AHL) as he has just returned from injury. Likely to get him back in game shape.

Liljegren was similarly assigned to the ECHL on a conditioning stint as he has returned from injury. He played last night but appeared to have re-aggravated his injury in the 3rd period.

ive wondered how the finnish KHL team demoted players. So they don't have a team in the FEL their feeder team is the league below that? it makes sense they don't have a VHL team that would be so costly. I assume when jokerit moved to the KHL the FEL wouldn't let them have a team in their league?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
According to EliteProspects, Rasanen has been loaned to Kiekko-Vantaa of Mestis league (league below Liiga).

Fine by me. He's still technically under a KHL contract so we keep him indefinitely.

If he gets some ice time while coming back from injury, all the better. Should be back in the KHL in no time, unless they want him to get tons of ice time.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Why do we gotta compare Liljegren and Sandin? These two are possibly our top pairing in the next 5 years unless we get a legit partner for Rielly then at the worst they are our 2nd pairing. These guys skill sets match perfectly together and we should just be happy to have both in our system because when was the last time we had 2 D prospects that topped our prospect pool and had legit top top 2 potential?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Why do we gotta compare Liljegren and Sandin? These two are possibly our top pairing in the next 5 years unless we get a legit partner for Rielly then at the worst they are our 2nd pairing. These guys skill sets match perfectly together and we should just be happy to have both in our system because when was the last time we had 2 D prospects that topped our prospect pool and had legit top top 2 potential?
For some strange reason, there is one poster on this forum that wishes to pin them against each other.

Doesn't really make sense to me. I think most of us would like to see the both of them succeed.

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
Don’t think this tells us much since that was the plan either way, it was just a conditioning stint.

We need concrete info on whether he is skating or not, taking contact etc before we jump to conclusions on this latest possible ankle injury.
He went to ECHL for conditioning stint.
He didn't finish the game and left due to injury.

So I wouldn't pencil him in the AHL line up right away.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
He went to ECHL for conditioning stint.
He didn't finish the game and left due to injury.

So I wouldn't pencil him in the AHL line up right away.

I agree, but this could be soreness from his recovering sprain, or it could be a second sprain of the same injury (or anything in between). What I’m saying is we won’t know anything timeline wise until Keefe gives an update, or until Liljegren is spotted at practice.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Sucks seeing Lilejgren and Sandin hurt; they were the biggest reason to watch Marlies games.

Hollowell and SDA score; Durzi had an assist. Hollowell got 1st star in a 5-1 win with only one point, this is like the 5th time this season that he has gotten 1st star with only 1 point; must be killing it on defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad