Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Didn't Hunter say that the only time he went to see Grundstrom play, he got kicked out of the game on a boarding penalty on his first shift??

Gotta think it was our European guys that did most of the scouting on this guy...
He manages the scouts. You can dissect every single pick in any manner if you want to do this. I'm also pretty sure that may have been an exaggeration if it was actually said. He would have been at the U-18's in 2015 where he would have seen him play multiple times. He was also at the WJC that year. Regional scouts will always do the most scouting on a particular guy any team drafts. Its the guy in charge of the draft board who has to figure out how to put together a coherent list weighting his underling's opinions, and try to get some viewings of them (along with sending more senior scouts to overlap and verify what other scouts are seeing). And while scouts don't like to fully rely on it, they do use video to watch players.

Reactions: stickty111

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
While the Marlies are not as good this season, this is a pretty good deal and AHLTV has improved drastically this season compared to the last few years.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
From the prospects board: Rasanen returned to the lineup tonight after being out a while with an injury. Got an assist in >18 min of play.

As posted by someone in that thread, he didn't return to his KHL team for this game (assuming it's some sort of conditioning stint).

He returns to play after his injury with Mestis (Fin-2) team Kiekko-Vantaa tonight.

Yhteenveto

Here is the box score.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
At least everyone is getting healthy. Not too many guys on the shelf anymore, besides Sandin for the next few weeks.

As inconsistent as he has been, I am happy Borgman is back. I think the defense has made some significant strides in his absence so he will have a good opportunity to gain some more consistency. Part of his problem was playing with Loverde, who was also very inconsistent himself. Loverde is still far from perfect, but he's been playing a lot more like himself in the past few weeks than the majority of the season.

With everyone back, Subban can be put on the trading block again. Our AHL contract guys have been outplaying him.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
As posted by someone in that thread, he didn't return to his KHL team for this game (assuming it's some sort of conditioning stint).

Yhteenveto

Here is the box score.

That's good news, hopefully, he develops well over there and we can bring him back over here in 3-4 years.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
As per the GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Liljegren would have pushed to play on the Leafs this season after the All-Star game had he not been injured (similar to Dermott last season).

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Middelton has 2 points in the last 12 games. It seems like his luck from the earlier part of the season has run out. They should bench him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
As per the GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Liljegren would have pushed to play on the Leafs this season after the All-Star game had he not been injured (similar to Dermott last season).

[Mod]
It wont matter. He believes Dubas is ruining the team, and wont believe what he says.
Dubas was huge at getting Tavares. He wasnt coming here no matter what. Somebody will tell us otherwise but we know the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Lol
I wonder how many points Middelton would have if he was on the PP.

I did my best impression too.

I don't think Middleton plays the PP in the AHL, you also have claimed Bracco kills penalties on the Marlies, your too much buddy lol

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I think I see Liljegren as a #4 aka 2nd pairing guy. Not sure I see the upside of a top pair guy but a 2nd pair RHD is still pretty valuable and not bad at all to get out of the 17th pick.

I'll still take semi-respectable over bad lol. I know what you're saying though. We just can't go backwards either.

Goal still is to grab 1-2 guys a draft to help the big club. I would still love to hit a home run pick with later round picks that can be a big part of the team like a top 6 forward or top 4 D.

I think his puck moving skills are too good to cap off at only a number 4. He has made huge strides defensively and still has great offensive tools. He has a top pairing ceiling. It's just about reaching it. Sandin or Dermott in the future would be a perfect compliment for him to let him do his thing. Rielly, Dermott, Sandin and Liljegren is an incredibly mobile top 4.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I think his puck moving skills are too good to cap off at only a number 4. He has made huge strides defensively and still has great offensive tools. He has a top pairing ceiling. It's just about reaching it. Sandin or Dermott in the future would be a perfect compliment for him to let him do his thing. Rielly, Dermott, Sandin and Liljegren is an incredibly mobile top 4.

The nice thing too is that the Leafs do not even need to have them all stack up in a true top 4. They can spread it out, since they will have some other talented RD's coming up too (even though technically they'd be the two worst defensemen in the top 6). Especially since all of the LD's are strong two-way.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
The nice thing too is that the Leafs do not even need to have them all stack up in a true top 4. They can spread it out, since they will have some other talented RD's coming up too (even though technically they'd be the two worst defensemen in the top 6). Especially since all of the LD's are strong two-way.

Yup. I envision something like...

Rielly - Sandin/Dermott
Dermott/Sandin - Liljegren

Have Dermott and Sandin play that more responsible two way game that allows Rielly and Liljegren to go ham offensively.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Yup. I envision something like...

Rielly - Sandin/Dermott
Dermott/Sandin - Liljegren

Have Dermott and Sandin play that more responsible two way game that allows Rielly and Liljegren to go ham offensively.

What I actually meant is you could have it like:

Rielly - Lindgren (or Rasanen; someone who does not need to be amazing but can still handle the QoC and be responsible like Hainsey is most of the time)
Dermott - Liljegren
Sandin - Durzi

Rielly, Dermott, Liljegren and Sandin would probably still get the most minutes, but it is not like you have one weak pairing and two really strong pairings (unless you need them in crunch time, kind of how like Rielly-Gardiner play together only when we desperately need a goal and do not care much about defense).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad