Player Discussion: Marko Dano

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
I'm not sure what issue people have with this. If he didn't want to be here, I'm sure management would of known and not claimed him. He's depth, that's all.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm not sure what issue people have with this. If he didn't want to be here, I'm sure management would of known and not claimed him. He's depth, that's all.

I don't think most people have much of an issue with this. Nothing is ever unanimous! lol...

Reactions: Saidin

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Dano would've been unclaimed by anyone else for the Jets to be able to grab him off waivers and assign directly to the Moose.

Reactions: Guardian17

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Good move by Chevy. Jets needed some depth upfront

Those who are mad about this need some perspective. If there are 2 injuries to forwards, do you really want Lemieux and Suess to be guaranteed a spot on the lineup?

Now lets send Lemieux down to play in the AHL and Marko can sit in the PB till there is an injury.

Reactions: imec

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Nice to see Mr. Dano return. I wonder if there are any character issues with this guy...he sure bounces around lots.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
dano.jpg

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Cool. Opened a roster spot for Vesalainen and didn't lose anyone to do it. Ohhhh

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Marko Dano seems to be the type of player who has a lot of talent but is unable to consistently apply those talents. I would rather have him in the pressbox than have Lemieux there who could develop his game and maybe become a more complete player.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Terrible asset management by the Avalanche :sarcasm:

Why? They got a look for the equivalent of a near minimum NHL salary for the time he was there (one month?) and have no financial commitments going forward.

Colorado found out what most Jets fans already knew. Dano doesn't have good stamina, and doesn't show much effort on defence or in the corners. He is good on netfront scrambles and banging in rebounds. Not a long term solution but with a hard month on the Moose he will provide insurance in case of injury. A guy you may never be comfortable playing in a game when you are tied or ahead but is nice to have to send in when you are behind in the third.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Now that we are near the end of closing our house purchase (just doing the land title etc with the lawyer), I have a slightly run down house for rent in St. Vital for Jan 1st, $1352 per month. Do you think I should approach Marko to sublet and take over our lease?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Why? They got a look for the equivalent of a near minimum NHL salary for the time he was there (one month?) and have no financial commitments going forward.

Colorado found out what most Jets fans already knew. Dano doesn't have good stamina, and doesn't show much effort on defence or in the corners. He is good on netfront scrambles and banging in rebounds. Not a long term solution but with a hard month on the Moose he will provide insurance in case of injury. A guy you may never be comfortable playing in a game when you are tied or ahead but is nice to have to send in when you are behind in the third.

I think that the sarcasm emoticon implied that he was joking. People were saying that it was “terrible asset managing” of Chevy when Dano was first waived.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Knew this would happen. Why do so many people love this guy? First round pick but played for 4 or 5 Teams already. Guy is not an NHLer. Maurice likes that he can sit in the press box and not complain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad