Player Discussion: Marko Dano

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Can pre season Dano turn into regular season Dano?

No reason to doubt it. He has shown it before. Never mind CBJ, even last year he was always good, just not better than the other guys. I think this is only a small step up from where he was, just a little added quickness. Big difference though.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
A slimmed down quicker Dano looks to be a pretty good hockey player. He has the potential to replace Armia at less than 1/2 the cost.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Wow. I'm just not seeing it. I just don't see Dano on a top team. bottom 6 on a bottom third of the league team is about as good a career as Dano is capable of. I'd like to see him shipped of/waived before too long.

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
Why would they put Dano on waivers? Is he really so bad no one will trade for him...
Well I'm happy. Dano has always teased with his abilities. But this is not so much about Dano and more about Petan and Lemieux.
I'm sure Lemieux is happy today. He didn't have to clear waivers yet Jets obviously want him here. Lemieux had a really good preseason.
I'm sure he'll get some games.
Meanwhile I've been watching World Junior replays of Petan. Wow when he is engaged he is great. I saw him strip pucks off players in the corners.
I saw him speed up the ice with the puck. One day we'll see that Petan again.

Maybe Dano gets picked up off waivers. Maybe he doesn't. No big loss.

Reactions: Guardian17

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Well I'm happy. Dano has always teased with his abilities. But this is not so much about Dano and more about Petan and Lemieux.
I'm sure Lemieux is happy today. He didn't have to clear waivers yet Jets obviously want him here. Lemieux had a really good preseason.
Meanwhile I've been watching World Junior replays of Petan. Wow when he is engaged he is great. I saw him strip pucks off players in the corners.
I saw him speed up the ice with the puck.
One day we'll see that Petan again.

The Nut was playing like this before the injury that took him out of the lineup during his last (best) stretch, and he was dominant at times with the Moose last year. Would love to see him stick in the lineup and add some playmaking to one of our shooting lines.

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015
I saw him speed up the ice with the puck. One day we'll see that Petan again.

I agree. I don't think this move has anything to do with KV at this time. He's not NHL ready and will likely to be sent down. So it came down to Petan and Lemieux, and to a lesser extent guys like Appleton.

Petan, from all accounts, maintained a great attitude when he was demoted last year and is more versatile than Dano. Lemieux is a bit more of a head scratcher, knowing his waiver status, but he seems to be the kind of player a 1990s style coach like Maurice likes. And you would think that a player like Appleton will get a taste later this year. So Dano is the odd man out. He wasn't going to get much in return so maybe if he has been a good citizen, this is the team giving him the opportunity to move on.

Hard to say. Dano could be another Burmistrov or he could have one final shot and turn out to be a nice reclamation project. Maybe he'll get a shot at playing 10 plus minutes a night elsewhere and show what he really has.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
It's time we recognize that the first cap casualty of Jets 2.0 was Andrew Ladd

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's time we recognize that the first cap casualty of Jets 2.0 was Andrew Ladd
More like...

JV30aOo.gif

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
Dano always struck me as a player who thought his abilities were better than what coaches saw in him. Some may think he is a good player but coaches say different

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd be a little surprised. They can't just send him straight to the Moose so it'd be back to the pressbox. Time to move on. He'd also have to clear 25 or however many other teams. Hopefully someone rolls the dice on him.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I believe he can be sent straight to the Moose.

I'd be a little surprised. They can't just send him straight to the Moose so it'd be back to the pressbox. Time to move on. He'd also have to clear 25 or however many other teams. Hopefully someone rolls the dice on him.

Reactions: peg

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I believe he can be sent straight to the Moose.
Maybe you're right. This is the relevant clause in the CBA:

13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.

So if the Jets put in a claim on Dano, and are the only team to do so, he can be sent to the Moose without waivers...? Does it not matter if Dano was on Colorado's roster for 30 days? It says 30 days AND 10 games, and he only played 8. It's also not clear if that last part is referring to the Avs original "successful claim" or the original owning Club reclaiming him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Claim him. Waive him so he can go to the Moose. If someone else claims him, so be it.

Edit: His contract is one way so it would cost approximately 600k of Chipman's money. Probably not worth it at this point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->