Player Discussion Mark "Vigilante” Borowiecki

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Nope. Boro is a 6/7 in this league.
People just can’t look objectively. If anything it’s the constant trolls that are cultist.

he's a defensive defenceman who is a liability and sucks at defense. How does that make him an NHL regular?

What does he do better than Jaros, Harpur, Wolanin?

Objectively enlighten me.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
He's a 6/7 guy who played 21:39 last night and was directly responsible for 2 goals against.
It’s not Boro’s fault that he’s getting lots of ice time. He is a 6/7 on pretty much any team in the league. I’m not even a pro-Boro guy. But I am objective and on that one play, I feel he made the right decision. You disagree. Fine.
But keep slinging insults if it makes you feel better.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Borowiecki is not NHL caliber. He played at an NHL level for probably ~20 games in his career and that was all last year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Honesltly Boro is barely even a top 4 d on out AHL team. And it's not because we're so deep..it's just how bad this foundational player is.

Wolanin
Jaros
Harpur

Are all vastly superior hockey players.

Vastly superior, lol come on man. He isnt great but alot better than you describe.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I remember being told on here that Cory Conacher was better than Brendan Gallagher. List the top 13/top 7 NHL players on all 31 teams Boro is a better hockey player than

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Nope. Boro is a 6/7 in this league.
People just can’t look objectively. If anything it’s the constant trolls that are cultist.
He def is not. He can hit guys but even the most rudimentary 6-7 can play responsibly and move the puck.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It actually makes him one of the most selfish players on the team lol

But gotta respect the glue guys right?
Agreed. Dude selfishly puts himself in spots to rack up hit totals and runs around like the greased up deaf guy. Then he spouts off gobbledegook about accountability and playing a team game. Absolute shameless company man. I've lost all respect for him and he's easily one of my least favourite players in Sens history. His stunt with Melnyk puts him on Heatley and Yashin's level.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Imagine how soft our d is without boro, you had the chance to see it last season and it wasn't pretty

Boro played 52 games last season. It's not like those 30 games he missed cost the Sens a chance at the playoffs.

The D was pretty good in the '17 playoffs without him.

I'd easily take Chabot, Lajoie, and Wolanin as LD over him and Ceci, Jaros, and Wideman as RD over him.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Boro played 52 games last season. It's not like those 30 games he missed cost the Sens a chance at the playoffs.

The D was pretty good in the '17 playoffs without him.

I'd easily take Chabot, Lajoie, and Wolanin as LD over him and Ceci, Jaros, and Wideman as RD over him.
We don't have the luxary of picking anyone over him right now. Also throwing every teams best forward against chabot or Lajoie would be pretty harsh.Not a chance at the playoffs last year but their was a noticeable difference defensively when he returned. Who was/is going to hit anyone on the team last year or this year other than Boro? It's otherwise a defence full of poke checkers and not able to stand anyone up at the blueline. Easy access into our own end.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
We don't have the luxary of picking anyone over him right now. Also throwing every teams best forward against chabot or Lajoie would be pretty harsh.Not a chance at the playoffs last year but their was a noticeable difference defensively when he returned. Who was/is going to hit anyone on the team last year or this year other than Boro? It's otherwise a defence full of poke checkers and not able to stand anyone up at the blueline. Easy access into our own end.
Hitting is rarely the right play defensively in 2018.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
weak, your bias is obviously flawed
May I present to you Erik Karlsson and Niklas Lidstrom who have 9 Norris trophies to their name. Jonathan Toews, Patrice Bergeron, Anze Kopitar and Pavel Datsyuk who have a combined 10 Selke trophies. These are all the cream of the crop defensively because they use their feet and stick to defend.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
May I present to you Erik Karlsson and Niklas Lidstrom who have 9 Norris trophies to their name. Jonathan Toews, Patrice Bergeron, Anze Kopitar and Pavel Datsyuk who have a combined 10 Selke trophies. These are all the cream of the crop defensively because they use their feet and stick to defend.
This isn't proof of anything.
Players are too fast. Sure Boro might connect on 30% of hits and crush people but the other 70% he gets walked by anyone with their head up. Not a winning ratio.
Neither is this :laugh:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
he's a defensive defenceman who is a liability and sucks at defense. How does that make him an NHL regular?

What does he do better than Jaros, Harpur, Wolanin?

Objectively enlighten me.

What does Jaros, Harpur or Wolanin do better than Mark Borowiecki ? All three of them failed to crack the opening day roster .......... so that's one thing they are not better at, than Mark Borowiecki

Mark Borowiecki, as pointed out earlier, in 270 career regular season games, is only a -2, and -1 in 8 playoff games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad