Player Discussion Mark "Vigilante” Borowiecki

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
"took away the pass" what pass?

"Forced him to take a shot" you mean a shot on basically a breakaway. If Toews wanted he could have just driven the net. That's how bad Boros play was. He defended a phantom 2 on 1 while giving a player a breakaway.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Imagine how soft our d is without boro, you had the chance to see it last season and it wasn't pretty

Boro on the ice isnt pretty. No one in the NHL is intimidated by Boro. They laugh as they dance around him and get like 2 minutes of easy zone time.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Lol Ceci is right next to the Hawks player and the Hawks player is at ****ing center ice and Boro has already pivoted to play it like a 2 on 1 while Toews is inside the blue line.

There's no "to be fair" here. It was an awful awful read. I don't know how anyone can try to justify it. Boro doesn't even look around. Just stares at Toews while giving him all the time in the world. The NHL moves too fast for Boro.
No, that's not what happened. The Ottawa players are not in the frame because they are not right beside those Hawks. Ceci and White are chasing them. They are not far behind, they are almost near them but they are on the wrong side of those Hawk players.
Go watch the video again. Ceci ranges down to the Hawk goal line. White begins to cover for him but then tries to intercept the puck and heads the wrong way. Boro forced Toews to the left side for a very stoppable shot. There was nothing else for him to do.

Reactions: aragorn

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
"took away the pass" what pass?

"Forced him to take a shot" you mean a shot on basically a breakaway. If Toews wanted he could have just driven the net. That's how bad Boros play was. He defended a phantom 2 on 1 while giving a player a breakaway.

It's quite clear you're opinionated and refuse to look at the play from a neutral point of view.

You're allowed to have a bad opinion of a player, but still acknowledge that they made the right play. The same goes the other way around. You're allowed to have a good opinion of a player but acknowledge that they made a bad play.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The other issue is that Boro had a split second to decide. We've all watched the play a pile of times and even freeze framed it. I still contend that he made the right choice, but people gotta realize that it's a split second decision. Enough with the schadenfreude.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Boro gives up a breakaway to an Olympian to defend a phantom 2 on 1 and people still defend him.

Unbelievable.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Wrong. Every team has their head up crossing the blue line and so would you.

You better bloody well have your head up in the NHL not matter who is on the ice. The problem with Boro is that they can have their head up to look around for a solid 3-5 seconds before he makes the right decision. By that time all but the worst 4th liners in the NHL have made a play. That's why he's always chasing the play and leads the league in "hits".

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Boro gives up a breakaway to an Olympian to defend a phantom 2 on 1 and people still defend him.

Unbelievable.

I could tolerate him as a 7th dman but that’s about it. After all the off ice crap I’d like to see him off the team though. That’s pretty bad because this is coming from a guy who loved Matt Carkner and enjoyed him in the lineup.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
You better bloody well have your head up in the NHL not matter who is on the ice. The problem with Boro is that they can have their head up to look around for a solid 3-5 seconds before he makes the right decision. By that time all but the worst 4th liners in the NHL have made a play. That's why he's always chasing the play and leads the league in "hits".
People act like Boro is the worst defenceman in the NHL on here and that's simply not the case. Given that he's not an offensive defenceman , guess what his career +/- is over 270 NHL games? -2. -2!!! I'm not rating his overall abilities by +/- here or anything but by everyones doom and gloom on here he should be at least -100.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
People act like Boro is the worst defenceman in the NHL on here and that's simply not the case. Given that he's not an offensive defenceman , guess what his career +/- is over 270 NHL games? -2. -2!!! I'm not rating his overall abilities by +/- here or anything but by everyones doom and gloom on here he should be at least -100.
How many goals have been scored against this team because Boro took a bad penalty and couldn't keep up with the pace of play?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Why do you continue to watch this team, you clearly don't seem to like anything about them?

Honestly I hate Melnyk, Dorion, Randy Lee, Boro and all that they stand for. It's the only part of this team I don't like, I hate that they are in charge of this team that i all love. They have no principles, no class. No wonder all 4 are so buddy buddy.

When all 4 are gone it's going to be an incredible day for the team and the fans.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
How many goals have been scored against this team because Boro took a bad penalty and couldn't keep up with the pace of play?
Would like to know how to find that out. Some stats would suggest he draws just as many penalties as he takes. Mostly on the clean hits that the other teams take offense to.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Honestly I hate Melnyk, Dorion, Randy Lee, Boro and all that they stand for. It's the only part of this team I don't like, I hate that they are in charge of this team that i all love. They have no principles, no class. No wonder all 4 are so buddy buddy.

When all 4 are gone it's going to be an incredible day for the team and the fans.
But when will that be & do you plan on being miserable about the team until then? That's going to be very hard on you, much better to cheer for those you like than to constantly criticize those that you don't, try looking for the positives on this team & their are many with the young players they have. You'll feel a lot better for it. Have a great day eh!

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Luckiest player in the NHL. Any other organization would have him on a 2-way contract and playing in the AHL. Here he gets a multi-year, 1-way contract, gets to wear the A, and is made one of the face of the team by Eugene.

Reminds me of Frank Grimes: "In any other country you've had starved to death long ago" "He's got you there Boro"

I feel like Jaros could replace Boro's physicality and at the same time actually provide the skill Boro doesn't have. Too bad his low "localness" rating is driving down his overall in Dorion's weird version of NHL 19 he has going.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I'd rather cheer for this team and hope that eventually management makes decisions based on performance and merit, and that local media zone in on underforming players and grill them. I know the latter won't happen, but rarely, so the first option is still up for grabs. Dorion is slowly getting there, by finally dumping Burrows and waiving Smith.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
But when will that be & do you plan on being miserable about the team until then? That's going to be very hard on you, much better to cheer for those you like than to constantly criticize those that you don't, try looking for the positives on this team & their are many with the young players they have. You'll feel a lot better for it. Have a great day eh!

I like the team except 4 individuals. I'm not miserable. Sports teams shouldn't have that kind of impact on anyones life.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
This is baffling. Boro can literally single handedly throw games and cultists come out to defend him in droves. ****ing wild stuff.
Nope. Boro is a 6/7 in this league.
People just can’t look objectively. If anything it’s the constant trolls that are cultist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad