Player Discussion Mark "Vigilante” Borowiecki

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He had a bad game...not a big deal. He's better than that. Although that play was a headscratcher.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He had a bad game...not a big deal. He's better than that. Although that play was a headscratcher.

It wasn't even his worst play. There was one in the second where he stole the puck off Tierny along the boards and passed it straight on the tape to a Blackhawk at the point.

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
Bad play but if 41 really wants a trade he should start making these saves. I agree that Boro is the luckiest player in the NHL. Super nice local kid but this pressure is going to be hard on him

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I still don't think this play is too bad. It's still a 2 on 1 of sorts.

If Toews does a drop pass Boro has him covered.

Andy should have come right out.

There were worse plays from the Ceci-Boro pairing in the game.
why would toews ever drop it after being given that much room lmao.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Im going to defend Anderson here (wich is rare) but he is so bad at wraparounds that he doesnt commit fully to the shot here because of it
Toews just flicks it and the puck find a way

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The Ceci-Boro pairing lost us that game last night.

Is there a worst pairing in the NHL than this?

I love how everyone is worried about the young defense where majority of the mistakes came from the two most experienced ones.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The Ceci-Boro pairing lost us that game last night.

Is there a worst pairing in the NHL than this?

I love how everyone is worried about the young defense where majority of the mistakes came from the two most experienced ones.
I don't know about lost us the game, but yeah theyre bad theyre really bad

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

No man's land ... I have no idea why he gave him so much ice. If he is over It cuts down on Toews options , which were many.
3GxoQn.jpg

Is he leaning on his stick there? two hands on it ,,, not even his stick is challenging Toews

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That goal could have been prevented by many players

- Maybe Ceci should have made the safe play and put it behind Chicago net but you also have to take chances towards the net if you want to score. Unfortunately, unlucky bounce and it goes the other way.

- White doesn't recognize the situation fast enough. As soon as Ceci went towards the puck/net, he should have retreated to the right point instead of moving towards the net, that creates the 2 on 1. A bit of a rookie mistake.

- Borowiecki played it badly. He's way out of his league against players like Toews. Maybe he was impressed or something but was he shy to confront Toews? You have to close the gap there, the other Hawks player was too far for a 2 on 1 pass and you had 2 Sens players hustling back to close that option. Boro simply gave too much time and space to a good/great NHL player.

- Andy didn't play his angle well. He should have been slightly towards his right. If he did that and came out just a little to cut the angle even more, he might have saved it. Since Boro "had the pass covered" lol, it looks like Andy wasn't 100% committed to the shot. That being said, it was a grade A chance, not necessarily an easy shot to stop.

I'd put the blame mostly on Borowiecki and White second.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That goal could have been prevented by many players

- Maybe Ceci should have made the safe play and put it behind Chicago net but you also have to take chances towards the net if you want to score. Unfortunately, unlucky bounce and it goes the other way.

- White doesn't recognize the situation fast enough. As soon as Ceci went towards the puck/net, he should have retreated to the right point instead of moving towards the net, that creates the 2 on 1. A bit of a rookie mistake.

- Borowiecki played it badly. He's way out of his league against players like Toews. Maybe he was impressed or something but was he shy to confront Toews? You have to close the gap there, the other Hawks player was too far for a 2 on 1 pass and you had 2 Sens players hustling back to close that option. Boro simply gave too much time and space to a good/great NHL player.

- Andy didn't play his angle well. He should have been slightly towards his right. If he did that and came out just a little to cut the angle even more, he might have saved it. Since Boro "had the pass covered" lol, it looks like Andy wasn't 100% committed to the shot. That being said, it was a grade A chance, not necessarily an easy shot to stop.

I'd put the blame mostly on Borowiecki and White second.

White should have covered but Ceci bobbled the puck as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad