Player Discussion Mark "Vigilante” Borowiecki

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yes he did . but we were talking about the play leading up to the Toews goal. He has mastered bobbling the puck

Yeah, just thought you were confusing the bobbles.

Cody-Ceci.jpg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just watched the replay I thought he bobbled it before it hit the boards. Still don't like his play on that either.

Yeah, like I said the best decision would have been to play it safe and send the puck behind the Hawks net, but I understand why he shot the puck towards the net, could have resulted in a deflection or rebound, etc. Goal could have been easily prevented if any of White, Boro or Andy played it correctly.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Players are taught to aim between the blocker and the body now. Its an open space you cant see but is there. Looks like a bad goal but it isnt.
why don't we see them go in more regularly then lol from that spot. if a goal looks bad it probably is.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
why don't we see them go in more regularly then lol from that spot. if a goal looks bad it probably is.

The post-game guys actually debated that goal a bit.

One guy thought the shooter deserved most of the credit - it was a laser beam right under the bar by a legitimate goal scorer.

The other guy thought that it was far enough out that a goalie who makes himself big should get it regardless of whether he sees it or not.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lots of goals go in like that. Karlsson specifically always aims there. As a sens fan you've seen it all the time. I shoot for Charlie Mactavish in his goalie schools were told to aim where the goalies blocker and forefinger connect and hold the stick because when a goalie goes into a butterfly that spot opens up. Toews has a very quick release and he does it in stride to catch the goalie off guard. It was a well excecuted goal.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The post-game guys actually debated that goal a bit.

One guy thought the shooter deserved most of the credit - it was a laser beam right under the bar by a legitimate goal scorer.

The other guy thought that it was far enough out that a goalie who makes himself big should get it regardless of whether he sees it or not.
Are you talking about Debrincats goal? Nice shot through the screen also not Andys fault that ones 100 percent on Chabot for pulling a jr move and moving his foot, was actually a pathetic display on his part.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Im going to defend Anderson here (wich is rare) but he is so bad at wraparounds that he doesnt commit fully to the shot here because of it
Toews just flicks it and the puck find a way

Not sure you are defending him...

A guy is at the top of the face-off circle and juuuust in case he decides to go around the net and stuff it in far side our NHL goalie has to cheat off his post?

It was bad by Boro and by Andy...also questionable decision by Ceci and White to not cover right away - this will be typical this season.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Okay, to be fair to Boro, the original image posted left out the two other forwards that were flying up ice turning this into a possible 3 on 1. Boro had issues but I thought he made the right choice in letting Andy handle that shot from above the circle. Goalie should have been square. The puck hits him solid in the shoulder and he turned with it and it went in. Literally not even one second passes between the image I posted and the shot taken so I think folks need to relax a bit on Boro here.
He had some other problems but this goal is on Andy and the players who let a 3 on 1 happen.
Boro play.jpg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Considering how most on here thought the Sens would lose the majority of their games this yr, they looked like a decent team last night that lost in OV to a more talented Chicago team that got lucky with a couple of late goals. I thought Ottawa controlled a good portion of the play for most of the game & had many more opportunities to score than Chicago but the good teams seem to have more puck luck than Ottawa. Clearly the young guys are making a difference with this team & more of them should be inserted over the course of this season & a number of the so called vets still need to be moved out.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Okay, to be fair to Boro, the original image posted left out the two other forwards that were flying up ice turning this into a possible 3 on 1. Boro had issues but I thought he made the right choice in letting Andy handle that shot from above the circle. Goalie should have been square. The puck hits him solid in the shoulder and he turned with it and it went in. Literally not even one second passes between the image I posted and the shot taken so I think folks need to relax a bit on Boro here.
He had some other problems but this goal is on Andy and the players who let a 3 on 1 happen.
View attachment 144385

Agreed. Boro played this right. It was a 3 on 1. The only thing Boro gave Toews (a left handed shooter coming down the left side) was a weak angle shot. He also prevent Toews from cutting inside. It was a weak goal by Andy.

Reactions: aragorn

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
View attachment 144385

Lol Ceci is right next to the Hawks player and the Hawks player is at f***ing center ice and Boro has already pivoted to play it like a 2 on 1 while Toews is inside the blue line.

There's no "to be fair" here. It was an awful awful read. I don't know how anyone can try to justify it. Boro doesn't even look around. Just stares at Toews while giving him all the time in the world. The NHL moves too fast for Boro.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Agreed. Boro played this right. It was a 3 on 1. The only thing Boro gave Toews (a left handed shooter coming down the left side) was a weak angle shot. He also prevent Toews from cutting inside. It was a weak goal by Andy.

ofc you think so as well lol

A real clinic of hockey genius here

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lol Ceci is right next to the Hawks player and the Hawks player is at ****ing center ice and Boro has already pivoted to play it like a 2 on 1 while Toews is inside the blue line.

There's no "to be fair" here. It was an awful awful read. I don't know how anyone can try to justify it. Boro doesn't even look around. Just stares at Toews while giving him all the time in the world. The NHL moves too fast for Boro.
Boro took away the middle of the ice & any cross crease pass, Anderson like he has done so often in the pass wasn't up against the post & allowed a weak short sided goal as he has done numerous times in the past. He played it the way it is coached to play it by taking away the middle & letting the goalie handle the shot from the side of the net which Anderson blew, this was his fault not Boro's.

Of course, there are those who will never accept anything that Boro does well & will always try & find every possible mistake or even take good plays & try & turn them into mistakes. Boro & Ceci continue to be the whipping boys on this team for some & I doubt that will ever change.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Imagine how soft our d is without boro, you had the chance to see it last season and it wasn't pretty

Reactions: bert

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Lol Ceci is right next to the Hawks player and the Hawks player is at ****ing center ice and Boro has already pivoted to play it like a 2 on 1 while Toews is inside the blue line.

If you actually watched the video, you would know that's White, not Ceci.

Second of all, Boro pivoted to play the 3-on-1 because all three Hawks were in the clear. Both White and Ceci outskated the two Hawks players eventually caught up by the time Toews shot the puck. Not to mention the fact that Boro had to skate all the way over from LD to cover for Ceci. Boro is the last guy to blame on this play.

I lay the blame in this order:
1) Andy for letting a weak one in
2) White for not covering Ceci after Ceci activated
3) Ceci for bungling the puck
4) Boro did the right thing by forcing a weak angle shot

Reactions: slamigo

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Honesltly Boro is barely even a top 4 d on out AHL team. And it's not because we're so deep..it's just how bad this foundational player is.

Wolanin
Jaros
Harpur

Are all vastly superior hockey players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad