Player Discussion Mark "Vigilante” Borowiecki

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'd lump him in with Pageau as well if it meant securing a 1st round pick.

More curious about his stand alone value though. Is it as a high as late 3rd now?
Yep can do this with other guys like Tierney as well,say Hainsey and If someone wants him Zaitsev...

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
10pts through 31 games, 2nd in the league in hits, and top 10 in blocked shots not bad so far over a third of the way through the year

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
10pts through 31 games, 2nd in the league in hits, and top 10 in blocked shots not bad so far over a third of the way through the year

Yup, he is a force to be reckoned with.

The league media is also using him a bit more the face of the team. A pleasant surprise for some, a source for displeasure for many.

Reactions: topshelf15

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly think if the team doesn't have him in their plans beyond 2 years it'd be best for them and Mark to look to deal him in the next two months, preferably before the TDL as I'm sure there'd be a market for him. Strike while the iron is hot sort of deal and maybe recoup a 3rd for him.

I'd love for him to be here long term but just don't see it with the depth on D coming up on the left side.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Honestly think if the team doesn't have him in their plans beyond 2 years it'd be best for them and Mark to look to deal him in the next two months, preferably before the TDL as I'm sure there'd be a market for him. Strike while the iron is hot sort of deal and maybe recoup a 3rd for him.

I'd love for him to be here long term but just don't see it with the depth on D coming up on the left side.

We need a guy to be our pinch hitter

Reactions: thinkwild

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ya if we are going to tank next year to we need him. No one takes themselves out of position giving up 2 on 1s like Boro does and that's the type of no nonsense play a tank really needs.

No one gets pushed around & over whelmed by bigger, tougher NHL forwards like Brannstrom & soon Thomson, that's the kind of players that you can't win with in the playoffs. If you have a sheep leading the way it's just a matter of time before the whole team plays like sheep, but if you have a wolf leading the way it's just a matter of time before the whole team plays like wolves with a pack mentality.

Reactions: topshelf15

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
No one gets pushed around & over whelmed by bigger, tougher NHL forwards like Brannstrom & soon Thomson, that's the kind of players that you can't win with in the playoffs. If you have a sheep leading the way it's just a matter of time before the whole team plays like sheep, but if you have a wolf leading the way it's just a matter of time before the whole team plays like wolves with a pack mentality.

Seriously dude? You're already calling Thomson soft based on what exactly? The handful of dev camp scrimmages you might have seen?

Let's let the kid play some pro games in NA before we dismiss him as some kind of soft pushover. By the time he gets here he'll be 6'0, 200+ lbs, I'm sure you'll have changed your tune by then.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Seriously dude? You're already calling Thomson soft based on what exactly? The handful of dev camp scrimmages you might have seen?

Let's let the kid play some pro games in NA before we dismiss him as some kind of soft pushover. By the time he gets here he'll be 6'0, 200+ lbs, I'm sure you'll have changed your tune by then.
Yes, we'll see.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
In the summer, I thought the time was coming where he would organically be played off the team, but he has really stepped his game up. I love to see a guy like him do well. I'm not at all opposed to the Senators re-signing him but I wonder if there will be a bigger market for him as a UFA this time around.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Well, if he's in our plans for the next two years, lets use him for those two years before letting him go. Why is everyone is a rush to move every. single. player. that does not fit the 5 year plan? We still need bodies to fill out the lineup until all the kids are ready. There's no reason we shouldn't give Boro a 2 year deal.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

I am pretty sure he referred to Pageau as soft too

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
In the summer, I thought the time was coming where he would organically be played off the team, but he has really stepped his game up. I love to see a guy like him do well. I'm not at all opposed to the Senators re-signing him but I wonder if there will be a bigger market for him as a UFA this time around.

Has he really stepped up his game or is the system he's playing in resulting in him having more success?

Stepping up on the left side and hitting people was a boucher thing. Boro did that. The 2 on 1s that follow result from no back coverage.

We have moved away from that system, he is going for the big hit less often and his personal play looks better because he is not taking himself out of position

I'm happy for him. He's having a good year. And he should be able to parlay it into another 4 or 5 million bucks

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
As the biggest boro critic he's been playing the best hockey of his career lately.

He could ask for 2/3 mill with his stats on the open market.

Will a team be dumb enough to give him that? Will it be Ottawa?

Reactions: bert

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
As the biggest boro critic he's been playing the best hockey of his career lately.

He could ask for 2/3 mill with his stats on the open market.

Will a team be dumb enough to give him that? Will it be Ottawa?

$4m x 4 and a retirement of number is what I say. :sarcasm:

Pierre will offer another year to the new Chris Neil hopefully... at $1.75

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boro has to think that all of his career has been leading up to this contract.

I'd think he would want term more than anything else.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Boro has to think that all of his career has been leading up to this contract.

I'd think he would want term more than anything else.
Based on the interview, I think he wants to stay here more than anything else. The one player who may actually take a hometown discount and they have yet to even sit down with him or attempt to communicate with his agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad