Player Discussion Mark "Vigilante” Borowiecki

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
I'll be shocked if Mark is still here post trade deadline. Log jam on D coming up, and him being a UFA thats style of play will be coveted by playoff teams. That and the fact that no extension was done last summer makes me think Dorion has no intention of keeping him here. Plus Mark's 30 and likely would welcome a chance to play for a contender.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'll be shocked if Mark is still here post trade deadline. Log jam on D coming up, and him being a UFA thats style of play will be coveted by playoff teams. That and the fact that no extension was done last summer makes me think Dorion has no intention of keeping him here. Plus Mark's 30 and likely would welcome a chance to play for a contender.

I disagree. I think he will be re-signed. Not what I would do, because I think he could get a really solid return if he keeps this up, but I bet he's re-upped for 2 or 3 yrs.

Reactions: lancepitlick

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I am very confident, his talent is undeniable. There is a reason they had him penciled into the top 4, just because he is 25 doesnt mean he is done developing he is just scratching the surface of what he is capable of. They should be trading Demelo its not really a question, he is a UFA to be. You cant teach what Wolanin has and the organization has drafted and developed him to think they would just give up on him when they have a brutal d core just doesnt make sense you talk like there is a stable of elite players back there right now and that is not the case. Zaitsev is also going to just end up being on the third pair and will evantually be a lightning rod around here because people will want to get rid of him because of his salary and the young players coming up. If anything DJ has proven the best players are going to play this year it wont be long before Wolanin supplants everyone not named Chabot on the current d core.

I also dont know how you can come to this conclusion that he is competing against someone in two years time right now that doesnt make any sense and is non logical. No one can predict what a player is going to be in a few years time Brannstrom or Wolanin no one has that kind of crystal ball. The coaching staff is going to play who is playing well.

What i mean two years from now is that Chabot and Zaitsev are signed long term. Wolanin is a PMD styled D man. For him to remain here beyond his current deal, which is the 21-22 season, he may well need to be thought if as a better PMD than Brannstrom.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What i mean two years from now is that Chabot and Zaitsev are signed long term. Wolanin is a PMD styled D man. For him to remain here beyond his current deal, which is the 21-22 season, he may well need to be thought if as a better PMD than Brannstrom.

Teams aren't limited to running with only 2 PMD options though, the game is evolving and having (at least) one guy per pair who can move them puck up the ice will be critical moving forward, imo.

On the left side his main competition moving forward is Brannstrom (obviously), Borowiecki (if he's re-signed) and Lajoie. There's no reason Wolanin can't play in a 3rd pairing role at that point, even if Brannstrom is head and shoulders better at that point in time. I understand your point about it being a numbers game, but the crunch is more likely to come on the right side, imo, with Zaitsev here long-term, Demelo possibly re-signed and Jaros/JBD/Thomson coming through the system.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

ZxoqvoK.jpg

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ive always thought of boro like gryba. But i think hes evolving into a more stable nhl player than gryba ever was.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That part of Vancouver is sketchy AF. In fact, the entire city has a serious drug and crime problem that keeps getting worse. The downtown eastside makes Vanier look like Disneyworld. Good for Boro - I hope Canucks fans give him the respect he deserves tonight...

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
That part of Vancouver is sketchy AF. In fact, the entire city has a serious drug and crime problem that keeps getting worse. The downtown eastside makes Vanier look like Disneyworld. Good for Boro - I hope Canucks fans give him the respect he deserves tonight...

Gastown is sketchy AF? Really?

Guess I never got the memo... I remember high end shops and boutiques lined with beautiful cobblestone roads and walkways...seriously lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pete Dorito

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->