Rumor: Mark Streit received 1 year offer from Bergevin (TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trade Beaulieu for a 3rd and then wants to sign... Streit?

Attaboy.

Use a protection slot on a 29 year old third pairing journeyman D who prefers to play on the right side, where the team is set in its top 2 pairings.

Win. :shakehead

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
so if he does choose to stay in Russia is it somehow MB's fault? Or is it Molson's for not moving the team to Moscow?

The GMs job is to improve the team. Especially in a situation where you trade a franchise Dman entering their prime for an older Dman exiting theirs. Replacing Markov with Streit would be a massive downgrade, and a move that would make the team a whole lot worse. The time to win is now, and the team getting worse this off-season is unacceptable.

Not having the team be improved upon with each passing off-season is a failure, and that failure falls on MB.

Spin that however you like into more sarcastic rehtoric. Go ahead. Amuse me.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Further proof that Bergevin is nothing more than an inept thrift shopper.

He has NO idea what he's doing, it's completely obvious. No direction, no plan.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Did he really offer a deal to Mark Streit? What is Bergevin thinking or does he think at all?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This is bad if true.

Terrible.

I say wait on Markov. I mean if we were going to lose out on a player that would improve the team then you can't wait, but for this guy ? C'mon now.

If we are not using the cap space for anything else then bump the offer on a one year deal. If as I read we offered $4.25M or so, then for sure increase it. Nobody out there matches Markov on the UFA market.

Put the phone down Marc, and stop with the take it or leave it garbage.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

In the last calendar year: Subban, Beaulieu, Emelin, Pateryn, quite possibly Markov...

His fixation with bottom sixers has extended to Dmen who don't move the puck well. I guess the best you can say is that he's an anachronism.

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
I call BS. Given his age and performance last year, Streit would be lucky to even have a job next year. So if he really got an offer, you gotta think he wouldn't spend so long considering it. In his position, you take the job and run.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
In the last calendar year: Subban, Beaulieu, Emelin, Pateryn, quite possibly Markov...

His fixation with bottom sixers has extended to Dmen who don't move the puck well. I guess the best you can say is that he's an anachronism.

Beaulieu plateaud in St John, everyone here hated Emelin....(except me of course) :D, Pateryn...:laugh:, Markov hasn't signed anywhere.....

Let's see what he got in regards to D......

Weber
Benn
Davidson
Schlemko
Alzner

Markov still a possibility, at the right price of course since no team in the NHL is bowing to his ridiculous demands.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Obsessed with finding players who fit the same mould as him when he was a player, aka: PLUGS.

Fire this idiot already

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't get it. If we sign Streit, that doesn't take us out of Markov based on cap, but if we brought both we would have like 9 nhl defenseman.

Markov
Alzner
Weber
Petry
Schlemko
Benn
Davidson
Streit

would be 8 NHL d-men.

Morrow doesn't even have a full season of NHL experience and Jerebek has never played in the AHL or NHL.

Edit: added Alzner

Last edited:

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Use a protection slot on a 29 year old third pairing journeyman D who prefers to play on the right side, where the team is set in its top 2 pairings.

Win. :shakehead

All you do, by constantly labeling jordie Benn as simply a "journeyman D", is show that you have little-to-no hockey acumen or, more realistically, that you have been jaded by your emotions. If you can't see how great(relatively speaking of course) an addition Benn was, then you need to reevaluate.

Beaulieu was trash, emelin a dumpster fire. You replace those two with alzner, schlemko and a 3rd and you are literally a BOSS!

Don't get it twisted haters, you are the loud minority when it comes to knowledgable fans. We see where your allegiances are, and your schtick is getting old fast.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Emelin, Beaulieu and Pateryn were unbelievable puck movers, I don't think we are going to be able to recover from such a huge loss.

Jul 6, 2016
Markov
Weber
Petry
Schlemko
Benn
Davidson
Streit

would be 7 NHL d-men.

Morrow doesn't even have a full season of NHL experience and Jerebek has never played in the AHL or NHL.

if you substact Markov from your list.... And you forgot Alzner. What is the strength of that D Corp compared to others ?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Adding Streit just doesn't make much sense we are already loaded on defense with 5th-6th defenseman. Heck I would argue we have too many defemseman right now. The only defenseman we should be adding is one that can play in the top 4 and is a PMD.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Trade Beaulieu for a 3rd and then wants to sign... Streit?

Attaboy.

Beaulieu was guaranteed to be picked by Las Vegas.

He dealt him away to instead end up losing a high salaried redundant player like Emelin or Plekanec. It was a good move, even if you don't understand it at all.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Much like the Hemsky signing, this, if it were to happen, is a very minor depth transaction. Do you honestly think a million dollar offer for a depth power play blue liner is any way indicative of his "plan?"

Your hysterical over reaction here seems to indicate that you can't even recognize what kind of transactions these are.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
All you do, by constantly labeling jordie Benn as simply a "journeyman D", is show that you have little-to-no hockey acumen or, more realistically, that you have been jaded by your emotions. If you can't see how great(relatively speaking of course) an addition Benn was, then you need to reevaluate.

Beaulieu was trash, emelin a dumpster fire. You replace those two with alzner, schlemko and a 3rd and you are literally a BOSS!

Don't get it twisted haters, you are the loud minority when it comes to knowledgable fans. We see where your allegiances are, and your schtick is getting old fast.

Beaulieu wasn't necessarily trash but I think the coaches gave him an opportunity and weren't pleased. They put Emelin near Weber ahead of him due to how ineffective he was at times.

It's a shame. I don't want to bash Emelin, Benn nor Beaulieu because they are all serviceable talents.

Johnnyc60

Saul Goodman
Apr 2, 2013
Sherbrooke
I would rather Brian Campbell instead of Streit...In fact I would take Campbell at 2M$ instead of Markov at 5M$ to have the money to invest on a top center via a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad