Rumor: Mark Streit received 1 year offer from Bergevin (TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Schlemko is closer to Benn.

People believing he is replacing Markov are crazy.

Schlemko replaces beaulieu. He is a really good skating dman with high IQ, good skill and a nice shot.

He is a legit steal. He played behind a tremendous top 4 in SJ. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take a step up here in Mtl.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Schlemko replaces beaulieu. He is a really good skating dman with high IQ, good skill and a nice shot.

He is a legit steal. He played behind a tremendous top 4 in SJ. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take a step up here in Mtl.

He is a 30 year old dman that has not stuck anywhere. He is far from being good...come on how many players suddenly step up at 30? If he was so good he would not be on his 8th team in 4 years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Mark Streit is not signed yet, its probably cauze the rumor is false.

Why wouldnt he sign? Retirement coming?

Because he likely is being offered a 1 year $1M contract and will wait to see if another team will offer more maybe? Hard to say. I think Bergevin is interested but only if it's a $1M salary for 1 year. If he don't work, we can hide his salary in the AHL and it don't count against the cap

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
What a wacky signature this would be if we bring Streit back.

Other than experienc,e he doesn't have much else to offer. An accurate shot maybe.

No speed, mediocre defense, no physicality. Not a smart signing if this happens regardless of money.

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
What a wacky signature this would be if we bring Streit back.

Other than experienc,e he doesn't have much else to offer. An accurate shot maybe.

No speed, mediocre defense, no physicality. Not a smart signing if this happens regardless of money.

"No speed"? Then the rest of the defensive corps, other than Petry, is immobile. In my over 60 years of watching this team this is comparatively, the slowest group of defencemen that I have ever seen, or feared. I'm afraid that we will be spending the next several years watching our beloved team being forechecked to death. Compare our defence to the Ducks or the Hurricanes, and you want to cry.

We can't draft well and we can't trade. And we can't retain or attract free agents. There is no concept of progressive and intuitive asset management in this team's current leadership group.

Until this team eschews its regressive approach in hiring practices and truly seeks the best people rather than the best persons of a limited linguistic class, we will continue to flounder.

Hockey is now clearly a world game which has lapped and passed Montreal's ownership imperatives.

That is all.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He is a 30 year old dman that has not stuck anywhere. He is far from being good...come on how many players suddenly step up at 30? If he was so good he would not be on his 8th team in 4 years.

He was claimed twice on waivers in the same year and never really got a chance to settle down.

He finally got some stability in Jersey and had a good year but he was on a one-year deal and hit the market at the end of his deal. Sharks signed him to a 4-year deal so they clearly saw some potential there and he didn't disappoint, Sharks fans are pissed they lost him.

Last 2 seasons:

Petry 131 GP 44 P with ~22 min TOI/GP 5.5M

Schlemko 129 GP 37 P with ~18 min TOI/GP 2.1M for 3 more years!

Seriously this guy is a steal, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to play with Weber.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Can he still shoot the puck. because if he can he might be more useful than Beaulieuuu

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
He finally got some stability in Jersey and had a good year but he was on a one-year deal and hit the market at the end of his deal.

How about his -22? 2nd worst on the team. Larsson was +15, Greene +7.

Summer hype all it is to me.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Schlemko got to play with Moore, Gelinas, and Merril for the majority of the season, defensive studs right there.

Green got to play with Larsson the whole year and Larsson is a defensive beast.

Now that Larsson's gone Green was -16 this season while Larsson leads the Oilers D with a + 21.

+4 with the Sharks on par with Vlasic. Tied with Dillon for the best GA/60 on the team, they played together actually.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia

well since you asked. Streit would be one example. He just isn't any good at 40.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Because he likely is being offered a 1 year $1M contract and will wait to see if another team will offer more maybe? Hard to say. I think Bergevin is interested but only if it's a $1M salary for 1 year. If he don't work, we can hide his salary in the AHL and it don't count against the cap

We know in the CBA that for multi year deals for 35+ players that you are stuck with the cap hit if the player doesn't make it to year 2 or 3. I assume same holds true for a 1 year deal? If Streit gets signed and ends up waived, we are stuck with the cap hit regardless?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Theres a higher chance that no team want him than there is teams bidding on him. If its true that the habs offered him a contract, he shouldve taken it easily. Not to mention, theres a lot of ties between him and the habs.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

In other words you have not watched him play and know nothing about him. You meet all the necessary qualifications on these boards to make a defining analysis on a player by quoting stats.........congratulations and thank you for your unique insight.

rafal majka

Sep 29, 2004
"No speed"? Then the rest of the defensive corps, other than Petry, is immobile. In my over 60 years of watching this team this is comparatively, the slowest group of defencemen that I have ever seen, or feared. I'm afraid that we will be spending the next several years watching our beloved team being forechecked to death. Compare our defence to the Ducks or the Hurricanes, and you want to cry.

We can't draft well and we can't trade. And we can't retain or attract free agents. There is no concept of progressive and intuitive asset management in this team's current leadership group.

Until this team eschews its regressive approach in hiring practices and truly seeks the best people rather than the best persons of a limited linguistic class, we will continue to flounder.

Hockey is now clearly a world game which has lapped and passed Montreal's ownership imperatives.

That is all.

It's going to be interesting watching the Habs regress and the "press" looking for scapegoats to blame.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Schlemko got to play with Moore, Gelinas, and Merril for the majority of the season, defensive studs right there.

Green got to play with Larsson the whole year and Larsson is a defensive beast.

Now that Larsson's gone Green was -16 this season while Larsson leads the Oilers D with a + 21.

+4 with the Sharks on par with Vlasic. Tied with Dillon for the best GA/60 on the team, they played together actually.
Nice post Belial.

Lehkonen was our only minus player last year out of the guys who played more than 70 games.

Beaulieu was +8 and Emelin +1

Lehko must be terrible, right?

You are entitled to your opinion. I based mine on rewatching San Jose games from last year, you've apparently made yours based on arbitrary, superficial stats.

I'm sure you will come around to him eventually, so I have no qualms here.

rafal majka

Sep 29, 2004
In other words you have not watched him play and know nothing about him. You meet all the necessary qualifications on these boards to make a defining analysis on a player by quoting stats.........congratulations and thank you for your unique insight.

In other words Schlemko is a mediocre D picked up by a mediocre GM for a mediocre franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad