Rumor: Mark Streit received 1 year offer from Bergevin (TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Schlemko, Jebarak, Davidson...

does the team really need another 1-dimensional depth player, even at a bargainbin price?

at this point, he's just further highlighting how little of a plan he had heading into the offseason (or previous ones for that matter).

Team still has massive holes in key roster areas, and it would seem the strategy remains to make moves for the sake of having something to spin, while waiting for something to fall into his lap.

Someone should post that "Luck is when opportunity meets hard work and preparation" quote to his front door.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He got Jerabek and Schlemko that can move that puck quite well.

For the moment we lost one guy that was moving the puck in Nate, even if I don't even agree that he was really effective at doing it. You need more than just skating.

There was this other guy too...

I'm hopeful about Jerabek, but I'm not penciling him in, in dire scoring situations just yet. As far as Beaulieu goes, his growth has certainly been sporadic and his focus questionable at times. He is however, a very good skater and many people questioning his shooting weren't paying attention last season where there was a very noticeable improvement, especially from the point, where it had previously been cringe worthy. I also liked that he'd jump in to defend teammates.

Undoubtedly his progression wasn't what we'd all have hoped, but there's still a great deal of potential there. I think Bergevin undersold him severely.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The guy missed the last 6 games of the regular season!

Was he faking or what are you trying to imply here? He was not 100%.

Nate the great was 10X worst than an injured Benn during the PO.

Did Galchenyuk got injured just before the PO? He was back since January for god sake.

You do not know that Doctor belail.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Use a protection slot on a 29 year old third pairing journeyman D who prefers to play on the right side, where the team is set in its top 2 pairings.

Win. :shakehead

Come on man, I hate Bergevin as much as the next guy, but Beaulieu absolutely blows and Benn is much better. Schlemko+3rd>>Beaulieu+5th

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Come on man, I hate Bergevin as much as the next guy, but Beaulieu absolutely blows and Benn is much better. Schlemko+3rd>>Beaulieu+5th

C'mon man, what does Schlemko have to do with Beaulieu? I hate all these posts where people just pick names out of a hat and combine them, players who were part of separate transactions.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
C'mon man, what does Schlemko have to do with Beaulieu? I hate all these posts where people just pick names out of a hat and combine them, players who were part of separate transactions.

He is obviously his replacement. I hate those posts too, because for the most part it is very poorly combined. Schlemko is already an upgrade over Beaulieu, but I will be VERY pissed off if we don't resign Markov.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He is obviously his replacement. I hate those posts too, because for the most part it is very poorly combined. Schlemko is already an upgrade over Beaulieu, but I will be VERY pissed off if we don't resign Markov.

Schlemko viewed independently, is a good deal.

I just don't get the report about Streit, which may or may have anything to do with Markov. I'm not even convinced Streit would be playing enough games to entertain the possibility of trading him. He's just as poor an option to use as some kind of pressure tactic to get Markov to bend, if that's what's really going on.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Schlemko viewed independently, is a good deal.

I just don't get the report about Streit, which may or may have anything to do with Markov. I'm not even convinced Streit would be playing enough games to entertain the possibility of trading him. He's just as poor an option to use as some kind of pressure tactic to get Markov to bend, if that's what's really going on.

Schlemko is going to be in the top 6, and I believe the every player in the top 6 is an upgrade over Beaulieu unless we don't resign Markov(the rest are a bunch of maybes).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Schlemko is going to be in the top 6, and I believe the every player in the top 6 is an upgrade over Beaulieu unless we don't resign Markov(the rest are a bunch of maybes).

Maybe Davidson is Beaulieu's replacement, who knows. That whole left side is full of question marks and made up of players who are going to be slotting into pairings above their talent level all due to the absence of a true first pairing LHD right now.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Maybe Davidson is Beaulieu's replacement, who knows. That whole left side is full of question marks and made up of players who are going to be slotting into pairings above their talent level all due to the absence of a true first pairing LHD right now.

If we resign Markov, Schlemko is his replacement, if not it is probably Jerabek/Morrow/Davidson. Pretty big "if".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If we resign Markov, Schlemko is his replacement, if not it is probably Jerabek/Morrow/Davidson. Pretty big "if".

How much of that remaining cap is going to be allocated to signing or trading for a LHD vs. acquiring a top 6 center? It's a tough balancing act as there's no place for both unless a counterpart eats salary or Plekanec is dumped.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How's Schlemko who is now playing in his 6th team in 4 years SUDDENLY the greatest invention after the wheel? Where is that coming from?

It's Depth City in here. Fixing the floor when the roof is leaking.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not an awful option, I feel there's even less gas left in the tank for Streit but he does brings similar elements to Markov and would come for under 3M IMO.

From a defensive standpoint, it would appear that Streit is worth about $4.75M. He has coveted Cup-winning experience, and we know how GMS love this aspect, and more importantly a quick glance at the stats shows that he was on the ice for very few goals against in the playoffs and in fact ZERO in the finals!!!

Offensively he was on a two game points streak and had a 0.67 ppg in this crucial post-season.

It's too bad about the skating handicap and the fact that his coach minimized his minutes (a lot!) when he realized that the opponents LOVED eating marshmallows and he suddenly feared for Mark's safety.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Disagree totally.

How's Schlemko who is now playing in his 6th team in 4 years SUDDENLY the greatest invention after the wheel? Where is that coming from?

Exactly and technically it's 8 teams if you include Vegas and his stop in the AHL for Portland.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Well maybe they can fix the floor well enough to sustain one Stanley Cup party. Then demolish the house ;)

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Thank goodness Bergevin has done such a good job building a strong, contending level defense. Mark Streit, Schlemko and Jerebek, man oh man it's going to be SICK this year!!!!

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Oh goodness please don't be true ! I hated him then, i would loathe him now. Another soft small old defenseman. Yep that's the Habs need.

How anyone could have hated Streit when he was a habs is beyond me. He was great with us, worked hard, ne er complained despite being played as a forward when he was clearly a defenseman.

Of course if he was signed this year, it would be laughable. I can't believe this is even an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad