Confirmed with Link: Mark Stone to VGK

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Brannstrom is the best skater, he is faster, he has the best pass, the best shot. He also has excellent leadership skills.
Brannstrom is better than Stone in everything.

He does have better skating and shot but that doesn't make him a better player, and it's two completely different positions.

We shall see one day.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Brannstrom is the best skater, he is faster, he has the best pass, the best shot. He also has excellent leadership skills.
giphy.gif

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
He does have better skating and shot but that doesn't make him a better player, and it's two completely different positions.

We shall see one day.
Of course, two different positions. And the position of the D-man is more important.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
He may not even be as defensively aware as Stone, and he still has to translate all that into the NHL. I hope for our sake he does.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
So we revisiting this trade once again, why? Because Stone finally scored a playoff goal after 8 years?

There was no way Stone was staying for a rebuild and more importantly, it wouldn't make any sense to keep him for a full rebuild.

What we got for Stone is exactly what we needed. A young prospect that has a legit chance to be a Star in this league.

I give Dorion an A+ for this trade and Dzingel's trade

How ever, Duchene and Karlsson trade return is an utter failure

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Question, which Defensive prospects who are not full time NHLers would you rank above Brannstrom at this point?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The last 3 are not defensemen you build around. They're dime a dozen guys.

If a Leafs fan said, "don't worry, Dermott, Rosen and Borgman are really good defensemen to build around", we'd all laugh.
Wolanin is better than any of those guys that you listed from the leafs. I think its pretty clear that Chabot and Branstrom are a cut above and would be the anchors on the defense..Then I think Wolanin is on a tier below that then Lajoie and Jaros a tier below that. I expect all to make the nhl

If you want to throw comparisons then I think Wolanin is Gardiner level peak

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Question, which Defensive prospects who are not full time NHLers would you rank above Brannstrom at this point?

Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes

There's an argument for guys like Dobson, Bouchard, Boqvist as well, but I think Brannstrom's ceiling is higher than those guys.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How much more could we have got for Karlsson at the TDL in 2017-18?
How much more could we have got for Stone once he would only sign a 1 year extension last summer?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Makar
Dobson
Hughes

Those 3 for sure, then there are a bunch of guys I can see an argument made either way with Boqvist, Bouchard and the like.

He's definitely a top 10 guy.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
i think brannstrom is going to be a very good nhl player and has potential to be a #1 defenseman. with chabot, brannstrom, and wolanin on the left side we have three very good players that can control the pace of the game and pull game changing plays out of their behinds.

onto the reason why this thread was bumped, stone is a beast. i had the sharks winning this series (didn't know jones had become this bad) but i legit got so pumped when stone completed the hat trick. that was awesome to see. i'm really digging the success of the former sens so far in the post season. they don't play for the sens anymore and it's sad to see them gone, but nothing is stopping me from being happy for them when they're doing well against teams that aren't the sens. for the playoffs: go ex-sens and screw the leafs!

i'm also having a good time watching nashville, tampa, and winnipeg having rough goes. i bet they would like to have given up that extra 1st or "untouchable, can't miss" prospect (aka a- or b+ potential 2nd liners or 2nd pair guys) for one of karlsson, stone, or duchene now. they can say it's too much to give up or they're not worth it, and even laugh saying we got less than we wanted in the final returns for those guys. the only team that really loses though are the ones that didn't pony up that little extra bit of futures that may not even have an impact on an nhl team, or not have any impact at all for a few years to improve their teams massively. i hope they all get bounced in the first round, their management doesn't change their attitude and never goes for it, and they continue to be one piece away from winning.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Makar
Dobson
Hughes

Those 3 for sure, then there are a bunch of guys I can see an argument made either way with Boqvist, Bouchard and the like.

He's definitely a top 10 guy.

I agree Brannstrom likely slots into the top 5 but I would take any one of those guys ahead of him with very little hesitation.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So we revisiting this trade once again, why? Because Stone finally scored a playoff goal after 8 years?

There was no way Stone was staying for a rebuild and more importantly, it wouldn't make any sense to keep him for a full rebuild.

What we got for Stone is exactly what we needed. A young prospect that has a legit chance to be a Star in this league.

I give Dorion an A+ for this trade and Dzingel's trade

How ever, Duchene and Karlsson trade return is an utter failure

Lol ok man. This board is out to lunch, people that dont think a 26 year old in his prime fits with this group of players. Keep drinking the coolaid.

First sentence 'finally scored a playoff goal after 8 years'. Dont show your hand or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad