Confirmed with Link: Mark Stone to VGK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
What kind of universe do you live in where money falls out of thin air and you get to demand someone else looses millions for your entertainment?

The real world.

This is the real world my friend.

Welcome.

Nobody is asking that he loses anything, they're asking to be entertained as a an entertainment business should. You're making a big mistake here and a very unfortunate one. Fans and clients have NOTHING to do with the finances of a business. I have no clue how much money this or that company makes nor should I know or care. What I care is what I pay for and what I get for the amount I pay. Thinking clients will care about your finances? That's just lunacy. Nobody cares about other peoples finances.

The only thing a client cares about is:
- Product offered
- Product quality vs Price paid.

That's it. Like you said, money doesn't fall out of thin air unfortunatrly. To make money you need to offer a product that will attract clients. Clients are money. So if you're following the conversation, if you want money, you need to attract clients. If you don't attract clients (IE the Ottawa Senators), you won't have money. It's a vicious cycle isn't it. The business world is not for people who care about others. It a cut throat environment, and you better stand out before you go bankrupt.

Look at how many businesses go bankrupt. A new restaurant opens and offers a nicer ambiance, better food and etc ... The other restaurants around will have to spend money and renovate if they want to compete otherwise they'll lose their clientele and go bankrupt. Nobody f***ing cares if the owner goes bankrupt or loses money, and they shouldn't, that's the business world.

Last edited:

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
And if you can’t afford the better car you won’t pay for it now will you? Just like the sens can’t afford better players.
What kind of universe do you live in where money falls out of thin air and you get to demand someone else looses millions for your entertainment?
Don’t support the team, don’t support paying anyone,it’s your choice but acting surprised that a team that no one will support isn’t spending money hand over first is not at all logical.
And all I hear is if it’s not the bestest I’m not paying they are called fair weather fans and to find a team in Canada that can’t sell tickets unless they are the best says all that needs to be said about this ‘hockey market’

Lets be real, professional sports organizations isn't a profit first business. It's a rich mans hobby.

Not saying there isn't any profit to be made, but if you don't have the money to gamble then you should probably cut your losses and invest in something that is profit first.

Reactions: h2owned

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
That's a different matter. Hockey is still a team sport. You can have 3 or 4 above average prospects that can eventually make your team and make an impact but if they are surrounded by a lot more average to below average players .. well you are not going to be successful. against the better teams. They were one win away from comments like these not being made.
Oh right, I forgot, no joking permitted here on HFSens, we are very serious people.

I'll just wait for us to be a bubble playoff team next year, and a unparalleled success team in 3 years to bring back the sarcasm.

On a less sarcastic note, "above average" prospects as you just stated, are in no way superstar prospects like the deluded Sens management claims.

Reactions: Cosmix

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I mean, that's your prerogative? I've been unhappy since Melnyk came out on Twitter in support of Bill O'Reilly. But if you re-read my post, I specifically mention the "sharp decline". One or two people having issues with the organization does not a sharp decline make.

But the problem is I can give you a list of people who are upset with them.

I could also go on and on as well about how shit they are like when the lockout happened they gave me 2 free games worth of tickets as a sorry. Well one of them glitched and after 2 calls with no return calls from my season ticket rep i just said f*** it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Oh right, I forgot, no joking permitted here on HFSens, we are very serious people.

I'll just wait for us to be a bubble playoff team next year, and a unparalleled success team in 3 years to bring back the sarcasm.

On a less sarcastic note, "above average" prospects as you just stated, are in no way superstar prospects like the deluded Sens management claims.

Hay I got no problem with any of that .. just have read the same comments in the Belleville thread and I don't like to throw the baby out with the bath water.. Their words not mine on the over optimistic crap being fed to us.

Reactions: Engineer

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
As a former Expos diehard, this explanation conveniently ignores the decades of mismanagement of that franchise as a major factor for fan disengagement, as well as significant TV rights issues and television contract shortfalls that have largely been forgotten.

"Why the Expos moved" is a massively complex story deserving of more than a one-sentence brushoff eulogy. I mean, there's a reason that "Jeffrey Loria" is a swear word in two MLB cities, and that doesn't even scratch the surface of MLB in Montreal.

Maybe they don't know about Selig.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
And if you can’t afford the better car you won’t pay for it now will you? Just like the sens can’t afford better players.
Don’t support the team, don’t support paying anyone,it’s your choice but acting surprised that a team that no one will support isn’t spending money hand over first is not at all logical.
And all I hear is if it’s not the bestest I’m not paying they are called fair weather fans and to find a team in Canada that can’t sell tickets unless they are the best says all that needs to be said about this ‘hockey market’
They only have themselves to blame for this mess. If Dorion and Melnyk hadn't managed the team in to the ground with a good 30-40 mil being spent on dead weight, maybe we could have kept the players actually worth their pay cheque. There's a reason those guys went on to success on other teams this year and we're left with an entire veteran core of wasted money we would all happily just give away.

They can say they had to trade them and rebuild all they want, but they at least could have been honest that it's their own damn fault for surrounding their core with overpaid crap. They couldn't build a team around them, had locked themselves in to waaaaaay too much dead money and that's their own failings.

Dorion and Melnyk chose to pass all of the blame instead of accepting even one tiny shred of responsibility. They're arrogant cowards, and those are not endearing leadership qualities. I wonder why the fans won't give them the benefit of the doubt and that they're not once again full of shit. Their response to that feedback? Tell fans they're wrong and patronize them even more.

Last edited:

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The "can't spend unless people come to the rink" crowd's heads are gonna explode after the panthers sign bobrovski and panarin after signing coach Q to a 6 million dollar contract

Reactions: h2owned

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The real world.

This is the real world my friend.

Welcome.

Nobody is asking that he loses anything, they're asking to be entertained as a an entertainment business should. You're making a big mistake here and a very unfortunate one. Fans and clients have NOTHING to do with the finances of a business. I have no clue how much money this or that company makes nor should I know or care. What I care is what I pay for and what I get for the amount I pay. Thinking clients will care about your finances? That's just lunacy. Nobody cares about other peoples finances.

The only thing a client cares about is:
- Product offered
- Product quality vs Price paid.

That's it. Like you said, money doesn't fall out of thin air unfortunatrly. To make money you need to offer a product that will attract clients. Clients are money. So if you're following the conversation, if you want money, you need to attract clients. If you don't attract clients (IE the Ottawa Senators), you won't have money. It's a vicious cycle isn't it. The business world is not for people who care about others. It a cut throat environment, and you better stand out before you go bankrupt.

Look at how many businesses go bankrupt. A new restaurant opens and offers a nicer ambiance, better food and etc ... The other restaurants around will have to spend money and renovate if they want to compete otherwise they'll lose their clientele and go bankrupt. Nobody ****ing cares if the owner goes bankrupt or loses money, and they shouldn't, that's the business world.

Here is the thing. This team lost money when it was a good product. Lots of it. It has almost always lost money. I would try to separate the owner going bankrupt from the team going bankrupt when looking at whats going on here.They are not the same thing.
And like you said its the bussiness world and cost are being cut. If the city only pays for a 65 million dollar team the city gets a 65 million dollar team.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The "can't spend unless people come to the rink" crowd's heads are gonna explode after the panthers sign bobrovski and panarin after signing coach Q to a 6 million dollar contract

Oh good perhaps the city should give EM an arena and then kick in over 80 million to help cover loses over the next few years.just like good old florida has done. Im sure that proves your point.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Leave the gaslighting for another place, please. The sharp decline in attendance happened after the outdoor game comments last season, when the idea of blowing it all up was first floated. Not before. The penny-pinching caused the drop in attendance, not the other way around.
You should make up your mind and if you consider it gaslighting , then leave it be. Take your own advice.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Here is the thing. This team lost money when it was a good product. Lots of it. It has almost always lost money. I would try to separate the owner going bankrupt from the team going bankrupt when looking at whats going on here.They are not the same thing.
And like you said its the bussiness world and cost are being cut. If the city only pays for a 65 million dollar team the city gets a 65 million dollar team.
The city gets a 30 mil team as it is, the rest of the budget is just wasted because of inept management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->