Mark Scheifele

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Scheif gets a point if Frolik guides the puck into a 6 foot gap referred to as the net, his cross ice pass to Postma was great and he kept possession in the zone twice.

His line forechecked well and created quality scoring chances, Lowry and Halischuk both had grade A chances that Scheifele was involved in.

I know more points would be nice but I just don't see the issue, it's coming, he's fine.

I agree with this, he really seems to be elevating the play of his line mates.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I am not worried about Scheif. You have to keep in mind that all players develop at different rates. The sedins were 3rd line players for like the first 5 years of their careers, getting easily knocked over on the walls.

He's played like, (too lazy to look it up), 130ish games? Gotta give him twice that to really see what he's got. And it's not like he isn't doing anything, the fact he plays center is great and it has a much bigger learning curve than playing on the wing.

I don't think he's ever going to be a superstar but I think his ceiling is just as high as Brian Little if not more.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
He's played like, (too lazy to look it up), 130ish games? Gotta give him twice that to really see what he's got. And it's not like he isn't doing anything, the fact he plays center is great and it has a much bigger learning curve than playing on the wing.

I checked - 95, and only 87 that he's been on more than a trial run

yup sounds like a bust, ship him off! maybe we can get Erat :sarcasm: :laugh:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Not concerned about Scheifele. He playing within our structure and taking care of our own end first. He's contributing to lowering GA more than he is scoring right now. It would be nice to have both, but he's not there yet.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I am not worried about Scheif. You have to keep in mind that all players develop at different rates. The sedins were 3rd line players for like the first 5 years of their careers, getting easily knocked over on the walls.

I don't think he's ever going to be a superstar but I think his ceiling is just as high as Brian Little if not more.

I basically agree with everything you've said, although I seem to remember the Sedins being much stronger on their skates. Mark is going to have to continue to work hard in the gym and try to rectify his issues. I'm guessing that he is a big priority for the training staff, although who knows..........

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Have absolutely no issues with Scheif or with Lowry. Neither has as many points as they might like, but both are doing a real good job playing a sound all-around game.

I'm left wondering what some people expect out of a rookie and a sophomore.

Scheif gets a point if Frolik guides the puck into a 6 foot gap referred to as the net, his cross ice pass to Postma was great and he kept possession in the zone twice.

His line forechecked well and created quality scoring chances, Lowry and Halischuk both had grade A chances that Scheifele was involved in.

I know more points would be nice but I just don't see the issue, it's coming, he's fine.

Not concerned about Scheifele. He playing within our structure and taking care of our own end first. He's contributing to lowering GA more than he is scoring right now. It would be nice to have both, but he's not there yet.

Agreed.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I checked - 95, and only 87 that he's been on more than a trial run

yup sounds like a bust, ship him off! maybe we can get Erat :sarcasm: :laugh:

Wow, I feel like he's played so many more games. I think I (and others) need to readjust our expectations of him. :amazed:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Burmistrov, Slater (they can have two)

They need a centre NOW not next year. Next year Draisaitl might have caught up with the NHL (one can hope he isn't ruined) and they will have McEichel. They don't need a 4C. That is one they have. Of course if they get a good 2C now they might miss out on McEichel.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Somebody disagreed with me but it's a fact that a team can score zero goals all year and still win 82 games in SO. That's zero goals for and zero goals against.
Fefe is still good.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
So, despite his slow start and all those posts, Scheif has officially moved into top-6 level scoring territory for centers, with 16 points.

(That puts him 1 point ahead of Couturier....but, really, who is counting, who really cares, let's put the past behind us, blah-blah...:naughty:)

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
2 goals, an assist and barely fell down all night, dominant.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Still expecting him to break the 50 point threshold for the year.

It's possible at his current pace. He began the year with just 2 points in the first 12 games and has followed it up with 14 points through 20 games. If he keeps up his current pace through the remaining 50 games, collects 35 points, he'd hit the 50 point mark.

YWGF18

Oct 24, 2011
Winnipeg
2 goals, an assist and barely fell down all night, dominant.

He did fall right at the beginning of the game, it resulted in a Power Play. That seems to happen a fair bit that he falls and we get calls. I like that, its live having a pro diver on the team, but he's not diving just clumsy.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
So, despite his slow start and all those posts, Scheif has officially moved into top-6 level scoring territory for centers, with 16 points.

(That puts him 1 point ahead of Couturier....but, really, who is counting, who really cares, let's put the past behind us, blah-blah...:naughty:)

Couturier would have been 10 points ahead of Couturier.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

It also puts him 1 point ahead of Antoine Russel and Steve Downie. Though Downie has more intangibles (116 PIM, #1 in the league).

:sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's possible at his current pace. He began the year with just 2 points in the first 12 games and has followed it up with 14 points through 20 games. If he keeps up his current pace through the remaining 50 games, collects 35 points, he'd hit the 50 point mark.

His current rate is 6 pts in 3 games = 2 pts/gm x 50 games =116 pts! :nod:
Think big. Aim high! :)

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
I feel like the domino's are starting to fall for scheifefe. Lasts nights game was big for his development, me thinks anyway.

White Out 403*

1 point in his last 5 games, maybe he should sit in the box for a night and try and see the game at a different vantage point? Marks had a very tough year. Seems like he was about to bust out of his slump but he's seemingly been snake bitten all year.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Thought Mark was excellent again last night. Lots of people feel it necessary to draw their conclusions by looking at the boxscore.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
1 point in his last 5 games, maybe he should sit in the box for a night and try and see the game at a different vantage point? Marks had a very tough year. Seems like he was about to bust out of his slump but he's seemingly been snake bitten all year.

Great idea, and let's move thorburn up on that line :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad