Mark Scheifele

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
This guy has been dynamite this season so far but it doesn't really show on the scoresheet.

He has looked like an elite player at times, where does his potential ceiling lie?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I wanna see how he does against the Isles first.

Wasn't last year his coming out party against the Isles and Devils and then he went on a tear? maybe this year too (maybe it was the Devils he started piling up the points against..if memory serves)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This guy has been dynamite this season so far but it doesn't really show on the scoresheet.

He has looked like an elite player at times, where does his potential ceiling lie?

This guy has been dynamite this season so far but it doesn't really show on the scoresheet where it counts.

He has looked like an elite player at times, but until he starts accumulating points it's hard to tell where his potential ceiling lie's?

Schief's currently tied at 266th in league scoring.

Last edited:

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This guy has been dynamite this season so far but it doesn't really show on the scoresheet where it counts.

He has looked like an elite player at times, but until he starts accumulating points it's hard to tell where his potential ceiling lie's?

Schief's currently tied at 266th in league scoring.

Part of the Jet's struggles is due to Scheifele not converting on his chances. However, he's already shown he can produce at the NHL level last season (especially during his hotstreak towards the end) so I am not worried whatsoever at his current lack of production. He will find a way to turn it around, and judging by his recent play it should be soon.

His ceiling is probably 60-80 pts. a season, bordering on elite.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Hopefully he picks up the pace. At his current rate he'll only total 20 points.

I do suspect he will breakout soon. Probability owes both him an Perreault some goals.

Oh. And Ladd. And Frolik. And Trouba. And Galiardi. And Bogo. Some puck luck would be nice

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hopefully he picks up the pace. At his current rate he'll only total 20 points.

I do suspect he will breakout soon. Probability owes both him an Perreault some goals.

Oh. And Ladd. And Frolik. And Trouba. And Galiardi. And Bogo. Some puck luck would be nice

The team has been in a scoring funk and that will change.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
IMO people are a little too worried about his production over a short sample size. Would we rather him be invisible and have a couple more points or be the dominant force he looks to becoming and be a little snake bit? Right now we want to see someone who can control the play and impact a game. Points will come. Careers are not made and lost on a couple missed scoring chances during the first couple weeks in October in year 2.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
IMO people are a little too worried about his production over a short sample size. Would we rather him be invisible and have a couple more points or be the dominant force he looks to becoming and be a little snake bit? Right now we want to see someone who can control the play and impact a game. Points will come. Careers are not made and lost on a couple missed scoring chances during the first couple weeks in October in year 2.

It doesn't seem like people are worried at all. Every time he gets the puck on his stick at center ice, you just know he's going to make something happen. He's going to be great and is currently our most exciting player.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
It doesn't seem like people are worried at all. Every time he gets the puck on his stick at center ice, you just know he's going to make something happen. He's going to be great and is currently our most exciting player.

He's the only Jats player who is able to do the things he's currently doing. We had Burmistrov who'd dangle a little bit here and there, but Scheifele is the only guy who seems to have that "stick handle in a phone-booth" ability to make things happen. It's sure refreshing, especially because he seems to have more of an effect on the game than Burmi did too.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
also he's a sophomore maybe he only scores 15 goals this season. clearly he's figuring things out. maybe his consistent offense wont show up until January, hopefully its next game, or when Kane gets back. imo what he's doing is showing us how good he will be in the future because of all the things he's doing right, right now. im not worried about his offense, even if he cant hit 20 this season. you have to give kids time to grow.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Funny this thread came up, as while watching this season, and the last few games I've thought to myself, "I don't care how many points Scheifele has so far, this kid is special."

He's been constantly driving possession and chances, and in the games where the Jets looked terrible and disinterested, he was always giving a 100% effort.

Love this guy, and think he's going to be a great player for us, and probably wearing a letter soon.

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
Wasn't last year his coming out party against the Isles and Devils and then he went on a tear? maybe this year too (maybe it was the Devils he started piling up the points against..if memory serves)

Wasn't it against the sabres? I remember him scoring two quick goals, beautiful snipes, and the then the floodgates opening the rest of season.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Wasn't it against the sabres? I remember him scoring two quick goals, beautiful snipes, and the then the floodgates opening the rest of season.

I think you're right. He scored a great goal while dangling through the slot and then a minute later walked off the side boards and went top shelf far side. It had this board freaking out about hattrick potential.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
The kid is a beast, the Jets have just been a little snake bit. We will see a ton of points start to roll in and I think a lot of them will be from big 55.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
He's the only Jats player who is able to do the things he's currently doing. We had Burmistrov who'd dangle a little bit here and there, but Scheifele is the only guy who seems to have that "stick handle in a phone-booth" ability to make things happen. It's sure refreshing, especially because he seems to have more of an effect on the game than Burmi did too.

Dude, clearly you didn't watch yesterday's game when Thorbs burst out of the corner, cut across the net and deftly....didn't get a shot off. Yeah, carry on. :help:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
He will be our best player soon. Looks dangerous every game, will be one of the bright spots to watch this season. Love his attitude, love watching him play.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

I've been just so impressed with him this year. He's looked dominant in many games & doesn't ever look out of place. I think he's doing a decent defensive job as well.

The guy works so hard and thinks the game so well. When he fine-tunes a couple little glitches or gets a few breaks, he's going to go on some tear. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get 50 pts in 40 games when that happens.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think it's too early, but not outrageous to project Scheifele as a Getzlaf type of player in his prime. He will continue to get bigger / stronger and refine his offense. Obviously, he has more speed, but he has great hands and vision and a terrific work ethic. He is looking more and more like a strong #1 C.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes