Mark Scheifele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Star potential (perennial 70 point player). His shot and release just make me giggle with glee. Oh yeah, I guess he has some pretty nice dangles too. :)
Think 35-35 season in the future very possible with his heavy shot.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Nice call. I think I might have mentioned Getzlaf, Perry and Carter as guys that tracked similarly to Scheifele through their development. He's become a faster skater than I expected, and maybe a bit bigger. His vision, puck-handling and shot are top-drawer. Oh, and he has terrific character and qualities for future leadership potential.

Well it's not a nice call yet, because he hasn't reached anywhere near Getzlaf level yet. But the probability that he will has increased somewhat.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Nice call. I think I might have mentioned Getzlaf, Perry and Carter as guys that tracked similarly to Scheifele through their development. He's become a faster skater than I expected, and maybe a bit bigger. His vision, puck-handling and shot are top-drawer. Oh, and he has terrific character and qualities for future leadership potential.

Prime Minister potential

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Well it's not a nice call yet, because he hasn't reached anywhere near Getzlaf level yet. But the probability that he will has increased somewhat.

I'm making the call today that it was a nice call then... ;)

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
Hey guys, what's up with Scheifele ? Just bad luck or he's not playing well ? Have him in my pool, was wondering if I should stick with him.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Hey guys, what's up with Scheifele ? Just bad luck or he's not playing well ? Have him in my pool, was wondering if I should stick with him.

He's ridiculously unlucky right now. He has a great shot, but keeps hitting posts or getting robbed. It's actually pretty funny to watch.

His goal scoring and assists will pick up soon.

Right now, he has a sh% of less than 5, and an on ice sh% of less than 7. So there is that if you don't want to put your faith entirely in my eye test.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
The kid should have around 7 points right now this season I'd guess. If it wasn't for all those posts he hit, and all the sweet passes that the player he passed to couldn't finish. He's been one of our best offensive threats even though the numbers don't show it right now.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Do not dump him, he is going on a run soon. I believe he will end the season at close to 50 points if he stays healthy.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The kid should have around 7 points right now this season I'd guess. If it wasn't for all those posts he hit, and all the sweet passes that the player he passed to couldn't finish. He's been one of our best offensive threats even though the numbers don't show it right now.

I think he has been better than that. He has been creating so many good chances he could easily have 6-7 goals and = assists. Or so it seems anyway, 3-4-5 in close good chances every game. They are going to start going in in bunches one day soon.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Not be a negative Nelly but we had a guy that was all flash but couldn't put a puck into an empty net if his life depended on it, he has since QUIT on the team. Hope Schief doesn't become like ''that guy'' who just couldn't finish!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Not be a negative Nelly but we had a guy that was all flash but couldn't put a puck into an empty net if his life depended on it, he has since QUIT on the team. Hope Schief doesn't become like ''that guy'' who just couldn't finish!

C'mon sip: we saw him finish last year, and his SH% is way below his norm at the moment. You've seen the chances he's had this year - can you truly say he's not snake-bitten at the moment?

I have less than zero worries.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I presume you don't mean Ryan Carter? :laugh:

Anyways, if he gets even close to those guys I will be super excited :yo:

jetkarma*

No need to hope , that's never going to happen and should be crystal clear to any and everyone.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Exactly. Displays such skill but just hasn't sealed the deal yet. Time will come

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Ok Nelly even you don't believe this post. Scheif is a scorer that is going through one of those patches.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003

Well, that's not going to happen obviously. tbf to Burmi, he never would have left had he been given the linemates/PP opportunity Mark has received though.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Don't give up on the kid, especially if you are in a keeper league. Scheif has had chance after chance and probably leads the league in posts. He will bust out soon.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Real hockey? He's a good one - shut down Toews' line last night. The scoring will return, as he's getting great chances.

Fantasy? There's a forum for that.

misterb

Mar 17, 2012
Winnipeg
His lack of points doesn't worry anyone at all because he's playing so damn good and making lots happen.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
the whole team can't score, or they really bought into shut down defence , and plays 1-0, 2-1o.t. games from here on end.

LLW are the only players who are scoring, even them they are below their pace.
the whole team is averaging 1 .25 goals a game less, 11 games (less arizona) , about 14 goals,

say 3 more for schief
4 for kane
1 each for LLW
2 for perrault
1 for buff
1 for frolik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad