Mark Scheifele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I'm also not convinced he is stuck with bad linemates, I see some chemistry between him and Lowry and Halischuk works his tail off. I don't think that Lowry is a black hole offensively at all, it's something that he's learning as we go along, Scheifele will be fine and I saw some good things from that line today.

Right now Little and Perreault are playing better at the centre position they are also however veterans. I think that 3rd line centre is good for Scheifele right now, he'll get better and find his touch. got to shoot more and on net like Kane

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Nothing wrong with his play this year. Points aren't there but he's contributed significantly in other ways.

He's still building the foundation of his game at the pro level and doing a good job at it. Everyone would like it if he had more points but it's not like anyone outside of LLW are putting points up either.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Being in his sophomore season can it not be expected his play would temporarily stagnate?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
no matter the situation PMo places him in he fails to find success. He's busting. We need Burmi.

He started the season playing very well. Nothing was going in for him. It may have related to that knee injury but I think he just tried to simplify to get the scoring started. He still didn't score + he wasn't creating the chances. The last 3 games he has gone back to playing a more creative game and the chances are coming again. He just needs to keep playing his way and the goals will come.

Scheifele has 10 pts in 28 games so far.
Burmi's last season, 10 pts in 44 games.
Season before that 28 pts in 76 games.
Please!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Schief's had 4 strong periods in the last 2 games, in both he was weak in the third.

I too believe playing with "blowing his chance " Hali and "big Wright" Lowry is hurting him though!

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm also not convinced he is stuck with bad linemates, I see some chemistry between him and Lowry and Halischuk works his tail off. I don't think that Lowry is a black hole offensively at all, it's something that he's learning as we go along, Scheifele will be fine and I saw some good things from that line today.

Right now Little and Perreault are playing better at the centre position they are also however veterans. I think that 3rd line centre is good for Scheifele right now, he'll get better and find his touch. got to shoot more and on net like Kane

Speaking of Lowry, he continues to improve. The pace has slowed which was inevitable but he is still improving. I noticed his skating is much better. Maybe the poor skating I saw earlier was more about hesitation and nerves than skating ability.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Schief's had 4 strong periods in the last 2 games, in both he was weak in the third.

I too believe playing with "blowing his chance " Hali and "big Wright" Lowry is hurting him though!

Boy you don't give rookies much of a chance to find their offensive game in the NHL do you. Not saying he is going to be a juggernaut offensively but geez give the Kid some time, he is making some plays out there if you take off the blinders

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Agreed, Lowry and Hali are really 4th line players at this time (maybe one day Lowry might prove more). But the problem is we have poor depth still, not nearly enough talent, thus were forced to play guys like them up on our 3rd line. We still have considerable depth issues IMO.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed, Lowry and Hali are really 4th line players at this time (maybe one day Lowry might prove more). But the problem is we have poor depth still, not nearly enough talent, thus were forced to play guys like them up on our 3rd line. We still have considerable depth issues IMO.

Yep. Forward depth is the biggest concern with this team.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
:laugh: He is not 'busting'.

Look at his usage. Look at the assignments he's being given. What about the 10 game stretch prior to these last five games? .7PPG over that stretch. Is that 'busting'? Hockey is about winning - points are part of that, but so is ensuring your competition doesn't score. It's a bit more complex than just looking at the box scores after the game.

So I'll ask again: if points are what you care about, was he 'busting' in that ten game stretch?

he has 10 points

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He started the season playing very well. Nothing was going in for him. It may have related to that knee injury but I think he just tried to simplify to get the scoring started. He still didn't score + he wasn't creating the chances. The last 3 games he has gone back to playing a more creative game and the chances are coming again. He just needs to keep playing his way and the goals will come.

Scheifele has 10 pts in 28 games so far.
Burmi's last season, 10 pts in 44 games.
Season before that 28 pts in 76 games.
Please!

I've noticed that as well, he's starting to show that creativity again. I don't mind Lowry as a guy who can bang and crash and hold the puck up playing a complimentary role with Scheifele but Halischuk is a black hole. He works hard but shows zero vision and creativity on the ice. Scheifele needs someone else to help carry the offensive load on his line. As mentioned this is where we are hurt with regards to depth. If we could swing a trade to bring in an Eberele type I think we'd see things improve substantially by running three great offensive lines.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
It's way to early to worry about this. Players struggle sometimes in there 2nd season. Mika Zibanejad struggled for the first 24 games with 3 goals. Then recently started to pick up the pace. Zbad has 7 goals now ( 2 today against Vancouver) Schifele will be a productive again soon.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Nothing wrong with his play this year. Points aren't there but he's contributed significantly in other ways.

He's still building the foundation of his game at the pro level and doing a good job at it. Everyone would like it if he had more points but it's not like anyone outside of LLW are putting points up either.

X2

He's looked good

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Have absolutely no issues with Scheif or with Lowry. Neither has as many points as they might like, but both are doing a real good job playing a sound all-around game.

I'm left wondering what some people expect out of a rookie and a sophomore.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
go back and watch the previous 6 games before their long break. he was definitely not 100%.

I don't think he's 100% since that collision. In the summer before TC he was skating like the wind with speed and endurance. Seems slower now. He still has quickness though.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Scheif gets a point if Frolik guides the puck into a 6 foot gap referred to as the net, his cross ice pass to Postma was great and he kept possession in the zone twice.

His line forechecked well and created quality scoring chances, Lowry and Halischuk both had grade A chances that Scheifele was involved in.

I know more points would be nice but I just don't see the issue, it's coming, he's fine.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've noticed that as well, he's starting to show that creativity again. I don't mind Lowry as a guy who can bang and crash and hold the puck up playing a complimentary role with Scheifele but Halischuk is a black hole. He works hard but shows zero vision and creativity on the ice. Scheifele needs someone else to help carry the offensive load on his line. As mentioned this is where we are hurt with regards to depth. If we could swing a trade to bring in an Eberele type I think we'd see things improve substantially by running three great offensive lines.

Who do you plan on giving up for Eberle? The Oil need centres.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Doesn't seem like he's moving his feet enough. And he's clearly weaker along the board then most players. Feel like he needs to show some more tenacity and fight along the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad