Marchand is currently top 5 for the Hart. Change my Mind.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well if you just youtube corey perry dirty plays you'll get a looooong list of results. Just because noone made a compilation doesn't mean he's not a dirty player as well.
For what it's worth I don't think that should enter at all in to a conversation about whether or not a player gets Hart.
Oh I know, I just felt like posting that video lol.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I don't know, does Perry have his own video dedicated to his dirty plays?

It's rather comical how much space this one player takes up in so many fans heads. That someone would even take the amount of time needed to do something like this for an opposing teams player is literally laugh out loud funny. I feel like Seinfeld needs to take at few of you on one of his 'Comedians in Cars having Coffee" episodes.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
It's rather comical how much space this one player takes up in so many fans heads. That someone would even take the amount of time needed to do something like this for an opposing teams player is literally laugh out loud funny. I feel like Seinfeld needs to take at few of you on one of his 'Comedians in Cars having Coffee" episodes.
Its actually rather sad that there is enough video of him and his cheap shots in order to make a full video highlighting them.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Someone is going to retaliate. It's inevitable. You can't keep doing what Marchand's been doing without retribution. Player's livelihoods are at stake.

It's too bad because he's a wonderful player when he's not doing dangerous stuff. Accidents happen. However, you can't hit players with intent to injure. It's too bad because he's definitely Hart Trophy worthy.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's not just the fans. Players can't stand him. It's one to be an agitant, but it's another to be a danger on the ice. People's livelihoods are on the line. When your own organization keeps you out of a game AND his teammates don't respond ... that says it all. Even his own team is tired of his antics. Marchand needs to grow up.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubinski got crushed in a fight and that was s senior moment. At some point Marchand will piss
off someone who has had enough. When that happens, he may get it finally. If not, he will be singled out to be hammered until he does. Players detest any player who repeatedly puts careers at risk.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
In the end, Bruins fans or not, we all hate when Marchand does something stupid that takes him out of our team's lineup.

But who ever says they wouldn't Brad Marchand on their team is a f***ing liar !

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Nope. Too far down the points list. Can't be a Hart finalist as a forward if you're outside the top 10 in scoring. And yes, that counts far more than the "but his team didn't make the playoffs" argument, which sucks, IMO.

In relation to the OP, you can't say that Boston's resurgence is only because of Marchand as you implied. He's a big part of it of course, but the emergence of a pile of depth players who are far better than expected at this stage has to be considered a much bigger factor.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
In the end, Bruins fans or not, we all hate when Marchand does something stupid that takes him out of our team's lineup.

But who ever says they wouldn't Brad Marchand on their team is a ****ing liar !
I call bullcrap on this. Once a punk, always a punk.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

But who ever says they wouldn't Brad Marchand on their team is a ****ing liar !
That's true, but the narrative is starting to change. What we once thought was an intense desire to win ... people now wonder if there's something mentally wrong with Marchand.

It's one thing if it's a one off or an accident ... or even retribution. However, Marchand constantly does insanely stupid things on the ice that endangers his peers. And then to top it off, he makes the worst excuses. Does think people are that dumb? At some point, enough is enough. He's making fools of his organization, teammates, and fans who defend him.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
That's true, but the narrative is starting to change. What we once thought was an intense desire to win ... people now wonder if there's something mentally wrong with Marchand.

It's one thing if it's a one off or an accident ... or even retribution. However, Marchand constantly does insanely stupid things on the ice that endangers his peers. And then to top it off, he makes the worst excuses. Does think people are that dumb? At some point, enough is enough. He's making fools of his organization, teammates, and fans who defend him.

Well, that goes down to the league being weak when it comes to suspensions.

I've never been okay with suspending a player (no matter who) for only a game or two. Shows you right there that the suspension is more to answer the ''What will the league do'' than to actually educate players.

Has anyone been significantly suspended since Torres 40 games ? I don't think so.

If Bruins lose Marchand for 5 games, sadly I'm not even sure someone in the organization talks to him about what he did. And same goes for every other player suspended 1-2-3 games. But if you suspend the player for 10-20 games...now it becomes significant for the organization and player can actually take time to reflect on actions.

I am a Bruins fans. I like what Marchand brings to the team when he CONTROLS THE PUCK and shoots on the goal. Of course I hate it when he goes ''Headless Huntsman Mode''.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Hall certainly is carrying his team and should be a hart finalist but...how do not have mackinnon on those lists if you’re using the same criteria? I don’t think Hall has carried his team the way Mackinnon has. Mack has way more points in 4 less played games. Besides rantanen, it’s not like Mack has a fire team beside him either.

Seems like recency bias with Hall’s recent point streak. It’s one thing to get a point in consecutive games but when the other is getting 4 & 5 point nights almost night in and night out...

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I call bullcrap on this. Once a punk, always a punk.

There are people who wouldn't want gretzky on their team cause he was too soft... or subban on their team because hes colorful

So im sure we can find people that wouldnt want marchand

Theres always people out their with stupid ignorant opinions if we search hard enough

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
There are people who wouldn't want gretzky on their team cause he was too soft... or subban on their team because hes colorful

Theres always people out their with stupid ignorant opinions if we search hard enough

I would put a team with Gretzky, Subban and Marchand on it against anyone and expect it to at least be amazingly entertaining.

Subban is my secret mancrush across the league, I want him to be a Bruin so bad..

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Meh. Pretty decent Points per game difference. But I don’t have him top 5 for hart

You should

He is a PPGP (1.5), 40 goal scorer threat, one of the best penalty killers and a top 10-12 defensive player in the league.

Who else in in the top 5-7 (scoring leaders) can you say the same about?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
he's missed too much time and he's not even the most valuable player on his line. he's the best winger in the league and Boston should be thrilled, but I don't think he should be in the top 5 for the Hart

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

No one disavows Marchand's talent. He's a great player. The issue is his head. At some point his antics becomes more of a distraction than his talent.

It's the same issue Patrick Kane dealt with. He had to get his stuff together. When he did, he won the Hart.

At this point, everyone (including his own team) is going, "what are you doing?" That's not what an MVP does.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You should

He is a PPGP (1.5), 40 goal scorer threat, one of the best penalty killers and a top 10-12 defensive player in the league.

Who else in in the top 5-7 (scoring leaders) can you say the same about?

I think us marchand fans have to accept reality... hart is a rep trophy. Many voters will vote for whoever is leading the league in scoring and many others will remember who they were told is great by the big talk show hosts.

I think its far more interesting who wins the linsey award from the players

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
No one disavows Marchand's talent. He's a great player. The issue is his head. At some point his antics becomes more of a distraction than his talent.

It's the same issue Patrick Kane dealt with. He had to get his stuff together. When he did, he won the Hart.

At this point, everyone (including his own team) is going, "what are you doing?" That's not what an MVP does.

Im not sure he loses something if he dials it back. Stan mikita went from dirtiest player in game to lady byng... he did ok

Bobby clarke stayed dirty his entire career

Im not sure what has history taught us? Can a rat play like a saint and still maintain his elite level impact?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think us marchand fans have to accept reality... hart is a rep trophy. Many voters will vote for whoever is leading the league in scoring and many others will remember who they were told is great by the big talk show hosts.

I think its far more interesting who wins the linsey award from the players

Exactly.... Heart winner imo should be the best two way player in the league

Unless the scoring leader has 25 plus more points (relative to games played) and also like a plus 20. In this case such player does not need to play defense as he is dancing around the offensive end more than half the time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad