Player Discussion Marc Staal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
He has been really strong in the corners and in front of the net. Unless you expected a different player under Quinn I think this Staal is the most you could’ve hoped for.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Much improved with the puck at his feet as well this year. Best we could have expected. Yea, he’s no Ryan McD replacement but he’s effective out there.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
"There is a vocal online contingent of fans who malign Staal, and they point to his possession stats as evidence. His Corsi-For percentage at five-on-five — meaning the percentage of shot attempts for his team that occur while he’s on the ice — is 44.44. As a team, the Rangers went into league play on Tuesday night ranked 29th in the league at 45.65."

I wonder to whom Brett might be referencing here????

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/rangers-veteran-back-to-being-the-teams-calming-influence/

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
"There is a vocal online contingent of fans who malign Staal, and they point to his possession stats as evidence. His Corsi-For percentage at five-on-five — meaning the percentage of shot attempts for his team that occur while he’s on the ice — is 44.44. As a team, the Rangers went into league play on Tuesday night ranked 29th in the league at 45.65."

I wonder to whom Brett might be referencing here????

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/rangers-veteran-back-to-being-the-teams-calming-influence/
Hopefully us. Hello Brett.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I think its possible someone would be willing to take on Staal for 2 years at 2.75m after this season is done with us eating the other half.

If Staal was a free agent I could see a team giving him a deal similar to what Girardi received (2 yrs, 3m per). This is of course assuming he is not a noticeable disaster the rest of the season or gets seriously injured.

That would be best case for the Rangers.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I think its possible someone would be willing to take on Staal for 2 years at 2.75m after this season is done with us eating the other half.

If Staal was a free agent I could see a team giving him a deal similar to what Girardi received (2 yrs, 3m per). This is of course assuming he is not a noticeable disaster the rest of the season or gets seriously injured.

That would be best case for the Rangers.

I think he’d waive to TO and 50 . Staal and McQuaid would be good fits in Toronto IMO

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I don't think he's been terrible. I don't think he's been all that great either. He's just on a really bad contract for the return.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
We've got guys on LD who are pretty close.

He takes up a spot.

Theres no point in holding onto him.
No one is close enough to consider a buyout right now. Not even remotely.

I don't like Staal either... I don't think he's been good at all. That article was ridiculous. But doing anything with him right now when this team is where it is (other than trading him which I am ALL FOR) is just putting lipstick on a pig. I don't want to be paying for him when he's not here... UNLESS next season or via trade we get a stud D who needs a spot.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad