Player Discussion Marc Staal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Staal's been solid since mid-November. He's stepped up in many games where the Girardi-McD pairing has played poorly. He's been little shaky lately but I don't think any of our defensemen have looked all that great/consistent lately.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I feel that Staal has been good after he signed the contract.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I feel that Staal has been good after he signed the contract.

He's been largely great since signing the contract and very consistent. He's fantastic on the boards and has one of the best sticks defensively in the game.

What I'm more concerned about, does anyone have any speculation as to what his injury is? From Av's comments it sounds like he wasn't just getting rest but definitely has some sort of injury.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah, let's hope it's only a minor injury we need Staal now. Maybe Klein is back too in couple of weeks.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Staal has been very good consistently for us since around December. His whole career he has been good with us for the most part.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He's great, there are probably no defenders I'd take over him in strict defensive zone assignments. His play is terrific away from the puck.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Could it have been the hit into the boards he suffered against the devils other night? He did finish the game.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
AV says Staal will be practicing at the beginning of the week with everyone else.

He had played 80 straight games this year, which probably resulted in a bit of wear & tear. Also, Nash played in 79 and Zuc in 77.

IMO, AV is being coy and just resting guys that have had a long season.

No worries from me. This is a good move.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I'm not worried it's smart to sit anyone remotely banged up but I'm sure he's playoff ready

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
AV says Staal will be practicing at the beginning of the week with everyone else.

He had played 80 straight games this year, which probably resulted in a bit of wear & tear. Also, Nash played in 79 and Zuc in 77.

IMO, AV is being coy and just resting guys that have had a long season.

No worries from me. This is a good move.

This is what I think too. NBD, just resting up for the playoffs. Though you'd think if it's minor stuff McD would be sitting too. I think he could use it more than Staal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->