Kadri McDavid Nylander
Hyman Tavares Marner

To TOR: McDavid
To ARI: Matthews
To EDM: Keller Chychrun Keumper 1st 1st

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Am I reading this right. McDavid and Matthews equal in value?

I don't know about equal value, I know that Toronto could easily take advantage of a situation where McDavid wants out.

I'm sure Arizona would offer that type of package to make Matthews a lifetime Coyote.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I don't know about equal value, I know that Toronto could easily take advantage of a situation where McDavid wants out.

I'm sure Arizona would offer that type of package to make Matthews a lifetime Coyote.
I'm they would. And it'd be beaten by many other teams.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Dude. Darren Dreger came out and said that all of this stuff about McDavid was coming out of Toronto, not Edmonton.

Have you not read this thread? It’s full of Leads fans making proposals for McDavid and trying to convince people that he will be traded. The thread is being driven by you, the OP and the most frequent poster, trying to convince yourself that there is a legitimate possibility that McDavid will be traded. Why do you think that is?

Where did I bring up the Leafs at all until you brought it up? Please go ahead and show me. I posted the information which was from a source and a discussion is being had. You may not like the discussion or the idea but it was put forth by an analyst that works for a sports station that has broadcast centres all over Canada not just Toronto. Not to mention it was brought up because McDavid make comments that made it seem he is starting to sour on the franchise. Plain and simple, heck the Oilers blogger that someone posted in here said as much.

Last edited:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Teams would offer more for McDavid? They risk having him walk.

What in the actual F...?

If we’re operating under the premise of the thread (McDavid demands a trade after next year), he’ll still be under contract for 6 years. Could he go to free agency after that? Sure, but 6 years is a long time in the NHL. If you’re trying to somehow spin that as hindering his value (which it appears you are) then I’m not sure it’s possible to bring you back to reality.

Your narrative appears to be “he’s going to go to Toronto as a UFA anyway, so we may as well accept an inferior package from the Leafs because no other team would be willing to offer full value for ONLY 6 years of McDavid.”

Again, laughable. If McDavid is on the table, 30 teams are putting in a call.

Reactions: PittsburghPens8771

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

Haha so your saying that the coyotes would rather include Toronto in the deal to get Matthews, just because he’s from AZ, then cut them out to get the best player on the planet? I mean the players you offered are dog **** anyways but holy haha

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Haha so your saying that the coyotes would rather include Toronto in the deal to get Matthews, just because he’s from AZ, then cut them out to get the best player on the planet? I mean the players you offered are dog **** anyways but holy haha
Why would McDavid want toto from one shit show to another lol?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
What in the actual F...?

If we’re operating under the premise of the thread (McDavid demands a trade after next year), he’ll still be under contract for 6 years. Could he go to free agency after that? Sure, but 6 years is a long time in the NHL. If you’re trying to somehow spin that as hindering his value (which it appears you are) then I’m not sure it’s possible to bring you back to reality.

Your narrative appears to be “he’s going to go to Toronto as a UFA anyway, so we may as well accept an inferior package from the Leafs because no other team would be willing to offer full value for ONLY 6 years of McDavid.”

Again, laughable. If McDavid is on the table, 30 teams are putting in a call.

That's the thing. The short contract length that McJesus has makes this analogous to a rental swap. TBH, I think it's too much value going from both the Yotes and the Leafs here. Teams just aren't gonna dish out much value for players with no term. You Oilers fans really need to get over yourselves.

Oh and I forgot.... :sarcasm:

Last edited:

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
How is this still open?

He just signed a bloated contract if he wanted out he'd have went somewhere else, not like someone else wouldn't offer an identical contract

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
I love Marc Savard, but this is pure speculation by a former player with no zero connection to the anybody involved and, thus, is not a valid source of any news at all. This is no different than me saying the same thing lol

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
If you paid attention you would notice that the timing coincided with the quality of the Leafs team. There is more than 1 requirement for a hometown star to come home, the team has to be good for it to work. Tavares likely wouldn't have come if the Leafs were still a dumpster fire.

If the Leafs are still a playoff caliber team when McDavid hits free agency and there is cap room, he will come. Go cry about it.
And what happens if Edmonton becomes a Stanley cup contender and actually wins a cup while he is there? Is it still a guarantee he goes home?

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
Love to see him go somewhere better but he dug his own grave. Why not sign a Matthews type contract? He would get the same amount from any team regardless. Career ending injuries are rare.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I disagree that McDavid's patience is only one year

but I don't mind the sentiment because the Oilers need to be a bit desperate to fix this mess. We can't just wait for Bouchard, Yamamoto, Benson, etc to develop and fix our issues.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad