Marc Bergevin: We want to compete Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Coors light is part of that same umbrella of terrible items.

Labatt 50 is OK though, for a macro beer.

We have so many great micro brews here in Quebec and even more incredible ones just a few hours south in Vermont. There's no reason to be drinking Molson piss water. Canadian to me tastes like burnt bread that's been liquefied.
But I love burnt toast...:sarcasm:

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
That stuff is all in the past. Now, it's all about ...

2eozdw.jpg

Please tell me this isn't photoshopped.

Reactions: Runner77

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It almost doesn't qualify as beer at that point. 5 bucks for a 1.8 l bottle of something you drink to get a quick cheap buzz while trying not to gag. :laugh:

It sincerely tastes like chemical waste. They add in so much artificial crap to get the % up there too.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
You don't need to be a beer snob to think that Canadian, Coors Light, Lucky Lager, or Molson Pilsner (the preferred brew of Saskatchewan Roughrider fans who wear the 12-pack cases as hats) is swill. All you have to do is try drinking any of them.

I've lived in Quebec, Ontario and BC during the time I've been a drinker and I've traveled in the US extensively too. So I've had occasion to drink all sorts of crappy macro brews through the years. When you're young, you're more focused on bang for your buck. You want to buy the cheapest beer so that you can buy the most of it for volume drinking. Once you get older you realize that it's better to pay a little more for a beer that actually tastes good rather than the cheap stuff because once you're older you are (hopefully) not drinking to get wasted and are looking for something that is pleasing to the pallet and pairs nicely with your food.

Crappy Beers I've Tasted Throughout the Years (partial list)

Molson Export
Molson Canadian
Molson Brador
Molson Pilsner
Labatt 50 (only still popular in Quebec, where ale outsells lagers and among Italian immigrants in Ontario)
Kokanee
Lucky Lager
Pacific Pilsner
Laker
Miller Genuine Draft
Miller Lite (or any light beer, for that matter)
Wildcat
O'Keefe Ale
O'Keefe Extra Old Stock (malt liquor)
Champlain Porter
Dow (OMG it's soooo awful)

And then if I think about the USA...

Matts
Utica Club
Old Milwaukee
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Red White & Blue
Keystone
Schmidt's
Blatz
Schlitz
Hamm's
Olympia
Rainier (originally brewed by Sicks Brewing, which should tell you all you need to know)

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
You don't need to be a beer snob to think that Canadian, Coors Light, Lucky Lager, or Molson Pilsner (the preferred brew of Saskatchewan Roughrider fans who wear the 12-pack cases as hats) is swill. All you have to do is try drinking any of them.

I've lived in Quebec, Ontario and BC during the time I've been a drinker and I've traveled in the US extensively too. So I've had occasion to drink all sorts of crappy macro brews through the years. When you're young, you're more focused on bang for your buck. You want to buy the cheapest beer so that you can buy the most of it for volume drinking. Once you get older you realize that it's better to pay a little more for a beer that actually tastes good rather than the cheap stuff because once you're older you are (hopefully) not drinking to get wasted and are looking for something that is pleasing to the pallet and pairs nicely with your food.

Molson Export
Molson Canadian
Molson Brador
Molson Pilsner
Labatt 50 (only still popular in Quebec, where ale outsells lagers and among Italian immigrants in Ontario)
Kokanee
Lucky Lager
Pacific Pilsner
Laker
Miller Genuine Draft
Wildcat
O'Keefe Ale
Champlain Porter

Matts
Utica Club
Old Milwaukee
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Red White & Blue
Keystone
Schmidt's
Blatz
Schlitz
Hamm's
Olympia
Rainier (originally brewed by Sicks Brewing, which should tell you all you need to know)
What, no Laurentide?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's been a hell of a long time since I drank piss beer. I remember the taste though.

Call me a beer snob if you wish, but I drink mostly Hoegaarden or if there isn't any, I go for the next white ale. If there's no white, I go for heineiken.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Molson Export
Molson Canadian
Molson Brador
Molson Pilsner
Kokanee
Lucky Lager
Pacific Pilsner
Laker
Miller Genuine Draft
Wildcat
O'Keefe Ale
Champlain Porter

Matts
Utica Club
Old Milwaukee
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Red White & Blue
Keystone
Schmidt's
Blatz
Schlitz
Hamm's
Olympia

US MGD tastes a lot better than Canadian MGD. Things might have changed since the last time I drank US MGD, which was like... around the turn of the millenium..

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
US MGD tastes a lot better than Canadian MGD. Things might have changed since the last time I drank US MGD, which was like... around the turn of the millenium..

There's a good chance your tastes have changed. US beer is almost always weaker in alcohol % too. It does work very well to clean your tires. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
For those who don't read French, this article is critical of MB and mostly recycles known content. However, there is one piece of information that I had not heard about before:

Paul Statsny was considering the Habs. He contacted his friend Max Pacioretty one he found out that he would not be staying with the Winnipeg Jets, and then decided not to negotiate with the Habs. The unclear sentence is as follows:
Il a décidé de regarder ailleurs quand Pacioretty l’a informé qu’il ignorait son propre statut avec l’équipe en marge de la prochaine saison.

Any volunteers to elaborate on what that means?

When Pacioretty told to Paul that even him is not sure to stay with the Habs, Statsny decided to talk to another team.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad