Marc Bergevin: We want to compete Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
"Marc Bergevin: Please go out West so we don't get to see you" edition

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
This.................the threads should no longer be about Bergevin, but they should be about our poor ownership...

Yep. Starts at the very top, good or bad, any sport.

Can't think of great teams in any sport under lousy ownership.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
So when Bergevin finally gets relieved of his duties, does he get another job in the NHL and if so, what role?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
IMG_5763.JPG

Diamond in da ruff

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Not one former Habs GM has ever worked again as an NHL GM. Bergevin will keep that streak alive, I'd bet my house.

I've always thought that was actually very telling. I don't think Gainey was interested in being a GM again but starting with Houle, not one of them held the job again, or was even rumored to be a potential replacement somewhere else from what I recall.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Don't know who this guy is but he definitely has DSP wrong -- Habs were not the only team to have given up on him. Also, there was no way to know that Eller and DSP would be "Stanley Cup Champions" -- last time I checked it's was a team award and a lot of things need to go right. By that measure, did the Habs also not trade "Stanley Cup Champion" Jerabek?

Also, too early to tell if the Kotkaniemi pick was a reach or not. Time will tell.

As for the rest, it casts Bergevin in the light that he deserves -- he's grossly incompetent but that's hardly news.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->