Marc Bergevin: We want to compete Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
TIME magazine runner up morphing cover ...

2eicc4.gif

Last edited:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

This can't possibly be real.

Geoff Molson is impressed by the quality of food of other arenas and wants to improve the lighting at the bell center. These words just came out of his mouth. This is what he thinks will make the Canadiens a better hockey team. This man is vapid. A man with no hockey sense making hockey decisions. He think he is informed and qualified because he sits in on scout meetings? :facepalm:

Anybody who spends a single f***ing penny on this franchise should be ashamed of themselves. No more habs memorabilia, no more buying tickets, no more molson beer... nada! Bleed this f***er dry and run him out of town! :eviltongu:madfire:

Habsurd

Sep 12, 2005
Yes, the Only way to effect serious managerial changes on the habs is very simple :
don't buy any molson's beer products whatsoever ! "Ban the Beer"
That should be for all pissed off hab fans across canada , and not just in quebec. It's that simple folks !
A sustained, cross canada boycott would cause changes w in a half year if it was wholeheartedly adhered to. Merely boycotting buying hab merchandise is small potatoes compared to a serious beer ban nationwide. And it's easy to do w so many fans across canada. Only then will geoff finally get some serious pressure from his fellow investors or board members. So far it seems
they've let him run his vanity hobby called the habs w out accountability, or so it seems at least.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes, the Only way to effect serious managerial changes on the habs is very simple :
That should be for all pissed off hab fans across canada , and not just in quebec. It's that simple folks !
A sustained, cross canada boycott would cause changes w in a half year if it was wholeheartedly adhered to. Merely boycotting buying hab merchandise is small potatoes compared to a serious beer ban nationwide. And it's easy to do w so many fans across canada. Only then will geoff finally get some serious pressure from his fellow investors or board members. So far it seems
they've let him run his vanity hobby called the habs w out accountability, or so it seems at least.

I can't tell if you're serious or sarcastic.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

At this moment @jaffy27 is loading up a couple 24's of molson canadian at the dépanneur.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Care to provide a summary in the context of what he says about Bergie?

What is unique to the Canadiens here is that this whole situation is one of Bergevin’s own making. Pacioretty’s depreciated trade value is a result of his own poor season, yes, but it is also a result of the constant trade rumours that have surrounded him for eight months and Bergevin making no effort whatsoever to hide what he hopes to do with him. It is a result of his decision to trade him with one season left on his contract, and not before, when history has shown players in that situation don’t fetch a significant return.
Bergevin’s made his bed. Lay in it and move on.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I’m actually not joking about a billboard.

People are fed up with the management. I don’t really think Molson cares all that much if he’s making money. Our best tool of voicing our displeasure is to stop spending money on the team, tickets, jerseys etc. Just because you stop financially supporting the team doesn’t mean you don’t support its players.

And yes. I think a creative billboard would send a message that we aren’t happy with the status quo
It caught alot of attention in Ottawa...............Molson is just a little behind Uncle Eugene as the worst owner.

It would seem it will take something drastic for Molson to admit extending Bergevin two years too soon, was a huge mistake...4000 empty seats on opening night would also get things moving...

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
What is unique to the Canadiens here is that this whole situation is one of Bergevin’s own making. Pacioretty’s depreciated trade value is a result of his own poor season, yes, but it is also a result of the constant trade rumours that have surrounded him for eight months and Bergevin making no effort whatsoever to hide what he hopes to do with him. It is a result of his decision to trade him with one season left on his contract, and not before, when history has shown players in that situation don’t fetch a significant return.
Bergevin’s made his bed. Lay in it and move on.

Man, something about that quote is weird to me. Basu is criticising Bergevin for not telling the media that he plans to trade Pacioretty? What does that even accomplish exactly? Does he thinks GMs routinely go public with who their trade bait is? In Montreal of all places, does that seem like a remotely good idea?

Bergevin deserves a lot of criticism but I often feel like Basu does it just for the sake of it, and often stretching it, because he knows it's popular right now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Molson Canadian is not beer. It's piss. I have no problems with buying cheap beer from time to time but that one is so bad.
It’s not that bad....come on lol

It’s a lot better then Coors freggin Light...

I like Labatt 50 too for whatever reason.

But of course the don’t measure up to a Zywiec or Negra Modelo, or Barquing Squirrel or San Miguel or Yuengling

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Ever had Lucky Lager? I swear people out West drink that **** like it's the best thing in the world. I took one sip and nearly spit it out. It's even worse than you think.

It's a toxic discount beer made especially for people who don't give even a tiny damn about taste or quality. Aluminum is the perfect vehicle for it though.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It’s not that bad....come on lol

It’s a lot better then Coors freggin Light...

I like Labatt 50 too for whatever reason.

But of course the don’t measure up to a Zywiec or Negra Modelo, or Barquing Squirrel or San Miguel or Yuengling

Coors light is part of that same umbrella of terrible items.

Labatt 50 is OK though, for a macro beer.

We have so many great micro brews here in Quebec and even more incredible ones just a few hours south in Vermont. There's no reason to be drinking Molson piss water. Canadian to me tastes like burnt bread that's been liquefied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad