• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Beast is the perfect word for his playoff performance. Watch games . Watch the defensive zone draws. Watch the zone entries. Watch the offensive zone puck possesion. That's just eye test . Advance stats just make his playoff performances more impressive. Yeah he's a third liner but he's a beast in the playoffs. Also not 2 shabby for a 3rd liner to have 18 in 24 a Stanley cup game winner and being on the ice in the last 30 seconds of the game for a draw in washingtons zone.
Don't forget Eller scored in double overtime against Columbus in game 3 to save their ass.

Again f*** you Bergevin.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Elliotte Friedman on Sportsnet690, recounting the words of a GM speaking anonymously about Galchenyuk:

“Other teams have told me he’s a guy that they’ve thought he’s been traded like 10 times and Montreal always pulls it back. That says to me that they see it as, ‘You know what? Whatever issues we may have, this is a guy who has got value. And it would be really nice if it worked out better for us, as opposed to better for somewhere else. I think if he gets traded, it’s because Montreal feels they get a haul that really helps them. But I get the sense that he’s a guy that they would rather see it work out there.”

FWIW

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Elliotte Friedman on Sportsnet690, recounting the words of a GM speaking anonymously about Galchenyuk:

“Other teams have told me he’s a guy that they’ve thought he’s been traded like 10 times and Montreal always pulls it back. That says to me that they see it as, ‘You know what? Whatever issues we may have, this is a guy who has got value. And it would be really nice if it worked out better for us, as opposed to better for somewhere else. I think if he gets traded, it’s because Montreal feels they get a haul that really helps them. But I get the sense that he’s a guy that they would rather see it work out there.”

FWIW
Oh please, if Bergevin would rather it "work out here" he would put him back at center.

Every other team would have him at center. He's a center, and a very talented one, it's very obvious.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So, after it's all said and done, doing the accounting for the Eller-Shaw fiasco we have:

in: Andrew Shaw
2017 #58
2018 #62

out: Lars Eller
2016 #39
2016 #45

Lars Eller > Andrew Shaw
Earlier picks that could have been developing for 2 years > Later picks that we had to wait to make

Which is exactly what I said at the time. What a stupid f***ing move.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
C7EF6837-1D4C-4FC6-A79A-63A98A99BFCA.jpeg

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
So, after it's all said and done, doing the accounting for the Eller-Shaw fiasco we have:

in: Andrew Shaw
2017 #58
2018 #62

out: Lars Eller
2016 #39
2016 #45

Lars Eller > Andrew Shaw
Earlier picks that could have been developing for 2 years > Later picks that we had to wait to make

Which is exactly what I said at the time. What a stupid ****ing move.
But we got Shawzy and his 2 Cups

Lars still has a ways to go to catch up:sarcasm:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

FWIW
Galchenyuk seems to have been an afterthought for most of his development here.
There has been zero planning as to where to play him, who to target on free agency to compliment him well, and who we want to mentor him.
He seems to have been used as a filler more than anything.

The fact we tried to move him 10 times doesn't really show that we rather keep him either. I mean, wouldn't Bergevin have decided after 3-4 times of attempting to move him that we should go all in with him, and therefore plan accordingly?
Just last year we used him on the bottom lines at the wing....Again, not sure how this shows how we rather it works out here.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Spezza is declining big time and Perry is just another winger that we don't need.
True, but there could be a buyout out there, that we could take a chance on...teams with cap trouble could let someone go, who could be worth taking a flyer on, for 1-2M per season...? Sad, that we have come down to this...let's hope for some better moves around the draft, but don't hold your breath.

Reactions: DAChampion

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There has been zero planning as to where to play him, who to target on free agency to compliment him well, and who we want to mentor him.

The fact we tried to move him 10 times doesn't really show that we rather keep him either. I mean, wouldn't Bergevin have decided after 3-4 times of attempting to move him that we should go all in with him, and therefore plan accordingly?
Just last year we used him on the bottom lines at the wing....Again, not sure how this shows how we rather it works out here.
Just might reaffirm how brutal our group is, at evaluating talent...and we wont even go towards Therrien, who would struggle to develop a hard on with Heidi Klum in the room.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

FWIW

Bergevin is afraid that Therrien will look bad if Galchenyuk becomes a successful centre elsewhere .

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Bergevin dislikes Russians.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

FWIW

Bergevin knows screwing up a Galchenyuk trade is the straw that breaks the camels back. I’m not surprised he’s getting cold feet pulling the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad