Marc Bergevin: Real Madrid ne font pas les séries ou va pas au Mondial Edition

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by ahmedou, Apr 10, 2018.

?

What do you want to do with Bergevin?

1. Should be to be fired

2. Be patient

3. Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. scrubadam

scrubadam Registered User

So why aren't teams ponying up? I get it MB is asking for a lot but if he is what you say he is someone would make the right offer.

You would think a team would throw a solid LD or top 10 pick our way for this guy?

If we go by Friedman its clear that MB's valuation and the rest of the leagues valuation aren't on the same page. Either MB thinks to highly or the rest of the league thinks to lowly.

2. scrubadam

Thats why he signed Markov and Radu right? And then made them both offers that THEY rejected. Not to mention the Emelin contract that everyone *****ed about for mulitple years or drafting with his 1st ever draft pick a Russian (well American but everyone considers him Russian).

If you said CJ hates Russians maybe I could agree somewhat but ya no evidence that MB hates Russians.

3. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander This team has no hope, Believe me...

Armchair GM
    Why the heck would we wanna trade him is the real question. Bergevin is an idiot. Don't believe anything he says, all the other GMs are laughing at him, some GMs won't even look at him when crossing paths.

bum-this-old-picture-of-marc-bergevin-is-very-telling-30944591.png

4. nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191 Registered User

You forgot to add “literally” to the bolded part of your post.

Cobra Commander likes this.
  5. Toene

Toene "Che" Weber

Lots of speculation about this or that move, moving in the draft, taking assets, stuff like this. Really I think he'll just do the bare minimum. No big splash.

Draft Tkatchuk/Zadina/Dobson. Re-sign Pacioretty 7.8M $ for 6 years. Sign Bozak/Stastny. The usual depth dmen paid to sit out (not that there are missing candidates for the job lmao).

Maybe he trades Galchenyuk for a partner to Weber on the first pair. Let's say Brodin (is Galchenyuk even worth Brodin on the market thanks to this management? Wed have to add...). Back-up option Matheson. Sign AHL fodder and stuff like this.

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
    Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
    Hudon - Bozak - Byron
    Sherbak - De la Rose - Froese
    McCarron
    Carr

Brodin/Matheson - Weber
    Mete - Petry
    Alzner - Juulsen
    Benn
    Schlemko
    Reilly

Price
    Lindgren/Niemi

A boring, safe summer from a man terrified for his job and scared to make a mistake. Potential to give up a lot in value for intangibles as usual but with desperation added. Could bet my house on it that they spin something new like Honesty or Courage and acquire Bryan Boyle (I admire the man but you know what I mean). At this point we know the pattern. They already went through what, two cycles of this gimmick? The character era, the attitude era... what's next?

Cant wait to share these times with you guys. :D:popcorn: Awards, Draft, UFAs, trades. Oof. Good luck to our nerves and to thousand pages long threads!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. Andy

Andy Registered User

It's so weird to me that after 6 years, the team is now where it started under MB, almost everyone who began with MB has been fired/replaced or let go, and yet he still gets another chance.

The d-core is entirely of his doing, the centre line is entirely of his doing.

Isn't this the definition of failure?

When you need to let go of most of your staff after 6 years, when your d-core is worse than when it started, when your centre depth is worse than when you started, and when you end up back with the 3rd overall selection, why do you get another chance?

It's just bizarre.

Man, I hope MB pulls through, because I love the Habs, and seeing them suck is crappy, but ****, the only person who had more rope than this was Desharnais.

Deluded Puck likes this.
  7. Captain Subban

Captain Subban Registered User

Sales
    I'll never understand why Galchenyuk re-signed. Should have held out and forced a trade. Probably bad advice by his agent.

Habs178 likes this.
  8. DAChampion

DAChampion Registered User

RFAs have very little average. I think that Galchenyuk did well giving up only one RFA year.

Peanut likes this.
  9. Captain Subban

Sales
    Giving up an RFA year for a guy you know has been messing with your career is silly. Becoming a 25 year old UFA would have been appealing. Or, you know, getting out of the city that refuses to play you at your best position.

10. DAChampion

DAChampion Registered User

But he didn't have much leverage.

Peanut likes this.
  11. Captain Subban

Sales
    In theory? You are correct.

In Montreal? Imagine if Galchenyuk was sitting out with this team unable to score this past season. They couldn't score already. Subtract Galchenyuk. They would have looked even worse. The pressure to either trade Galchenyuk or give in to the contract he wants would have been nuclear by December.

Chuck only scored 19 goals, but remove even eight of them because he sits out, and Montreal is dead last in goals for. He would have got what he wanted.

12. Kriss E

Kriss E Registered User

Massive failure.
    Not even where we started, we are below that point as it stands today.

The further this team goes from year 1 under Bergevin, the worse it gets. It's incredible that he is still here.

Deluded Puck and Chris Cutter like this.
  13. Kriss E

Kriss E Registered User

Nobody likes kids that sit out. Heck, Subban who had already proven to be very good and a key player for us, sat out and he still got crapped on a lot.

DAChampion and Peanut like this.
  14. Captain Subban

Sales
    If Subban wasn't so committed to Montreal, that might have went differently. But if you recall, he got a very short term deal of just two years, which kept him in RFA status, but meant Bergevin would be paying for whatever he accomplished. Which is what led to an eight year extension.

People don't like players who sit out (which is funny everyone forgot when greatest leader ever Mark Messier did it... twice) but it doesn't hurt a players value as much as people think. Want proof? He wears #92.

15. Bryson

Bryson #EugeneMolson

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Galchenyuk's options were either demand a trade which would have lowered his trade value thus making it even harder to trade him or sign a long term deal to play for a man that has ruined his career as you said. According to rumors, Galchenyuk has already been traded like ten times. His value is not going to be getting any higher at this point.

This team doesn't care about scoring, if they did they would have moved Galchenyuk to center a long time ago.

Peanut likes this.
  16. Bryson

Bryson #EugeneMolson

Bergevin is a special kind of stupid. He doesn't like the player but he can't even put him in a position to succeed to raise his trade value so that we could get something good for him, even in a losing season. Look at what Colorado got for Duchene. You really think he gets traded if Sakic is playing on the 4th line wing trying to punish him and show him who wears da pants? Like I said, it takes a special kind of stupid to build the team that Bergevin has. You can have the nicest most expensive luxury car in the world but ain't nobody gonna be buying it if there's cigarette butts and coffee stains everywhere, you need to fix that baby up and make her look good.

17. Kriss E

Kriss E Registered User

I was talking about public opinion, not necessarily value.
    Mark Messier wasn't a kid.

18. Kriss E

Kriss E Registered User

I was talking about public opinion, not necessarily value.
    Mark Messier wasn't a kid.

19. scrubadam

MB doesn't make the lineups or decide the ice time. Under MT AG played something like 100 games at C. Under CJ he was on the 4th line and never put back at C.

Put it on the coaches or put it on MB for hireing the coaches. But the line up and ice time per game is decide by the coaching staff.

I agree if you are going to trade someone show case them, which maybe goes to show MB isn't that serious to trade AG and in the end would rather keep him then trade him. He isn't ALL IN on the idea of trading AG IMO.

20. Captain Subban

Sales
    It wouldn't make it harder. Bergevin is faster to pull the trigger if a player wants out. See Tinordi, Pateryn, and Briere. Bergevin is obsessive about attitudes in the locker and would be more willing to move him if he doesn't want to play there. Bergevin isn't trading him because he still wants him in Montreal. If Galchenyuk refused to sign a contract, he would be more inclined to move him for less than what he thinks he's worth.

21. Sorinth

Sorinth Registered User

But if you sit out then you get a bad reputation, so you might become UFA at 25, but teams will be more hesitant to give you big money over the long term.

It's not a bad deal for him, but he probably should've asked for a trade when signing it.

22. Captain Wolverine

Captain Wolverine Registered User

How about when Ken Dryden took a year off?

23. Captain Subban

Sales
    Perfect for a Cup contending team. Take him on a one year deal at lower cap to have room for him, if he excels, he can get a big contract elsewhere. Nick Bonino doesn't get $4.1M if he's coming out of Arizona instead of Pittsburgh.

Younger players are convinced by their agents to take long term deals early and it's such a mistake.

24. Kriss E

Kriss E Registered User

You mean...45 years ago?...
    Didn't Dryden already have two Cups, a Conn Smythe and a Vezina by then?

25. MD thaivuN

MD thaivuN Anime Music Hipster

Nerd
    Home Page:
    It doesn't surprise me so much that he re-signed, what surprised me is the term at the relatively cheap cap hit he got. If i was his agent, i would have opted for a shorter term (2-years max), so he can get to UFA status as fast as possible. Instead, the Habs got an extra year before he goes UFA.

Captain Subban likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.