• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Apparently Marky-Marc just S-Canned 25% of his amateur staff. So those Pro-Scouts who advised him on the Drouin, Weber deals keep their gigs but these guys don't? Wish I worked on that staff....

Reactions: Habs178

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
You mean...45 years ago?...
Didn't Dryden already have two Cups, a Conn Smythe and a Vezina by then?

So? He took a full year off after that. You think people wouldn't crap on players coming off a cup for sitting out a whole year? Especially since unlike RFAs, he was actually under contract and sat out because he wanted to rework it because he thought he was worth more (he was).

Can you imagine Crosby sitting out in 2009 because he wanted more money? or Kane in 2010? or Kopitar in 2012?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Younger players are convinced by their agents to take long term deals early and it's such a mistake.

Why do you think the agents are responsible for this and not the players?

Taking short term deals and hoping to cash in later is a big risk, so to claim it's a mistake is naive. It makes sense to mitigate the risk by taking a long term contract early.

For example, Subban has made 5m extra compared to Karlsson mostly because he had the bridge deal. I can't see how going from 35 to 40m by taking a bridge deal makes financial sense when at any moment your career can be ended due to injury. If anything bad happens to Subban during that bridge deal he loses out on a huge amount of money. I can't see how that 5m is worth the risk.

Reactions: DAChampion

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So? He took a full year off after that. You think people wouldn't crap on players coming off a cup for sitting out a whole year? Especially since unlike RFAs, he was actually under contract and sat out because he wanted to rework it because he thought he was worth more (he was).

Can you imagine Crosby sitting out in 2009 because he wanted more money? or Kane in 2010? or Kopitar in 2012?
I think people would be upset with management if they let a player who just won them 2 cups, a Conn Smythe and a vezina, sit out for a season.
Pay that guy whatever he wants.

We are not talking Galchenyuk here who's best accomplishment is what...score 30 goals?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Apparently Marky-Marc just S-Canned 25% of his amateur staff. So those Pro-Scouts who advised him on the Drouin, Weber deals keep their gigs but these guys don't? Wish I worked on that staff....

How good is your F-Bombing these days?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
With all of the discussion centred around if we will take Zadina or Tkachuk or trade down for another player, is it also possible that mighty Marc might trade the pick for immediate help to our roster? He still thinks that last year was just a bad season based on poor attitude and it will be interesting to see what he does. I also say this having absolutely zero faith in anything good coming from what he might do so I guess there's that.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
With all of the discussion centred around if we will take Zadina or Tkachuk or trade down for another player, is it also possible that mighty Marc might trade the pick for immediate help to our roster? He still thinks that last year was just a bad season based on poor attitude and it will be interesting to see what he does. I also say this having absolutely zero faith in anything good coming from what he might do so I guess there's that.

I don’t rule it out simply because you can never rule out anything when it comes to MB.

Most reports out right now are saying that management has been told to stock up on picks and rebuild/retool, so I’m inclined to believe we’ll use the pick.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don’t rule it out simply because you can never rule out anything when it comes to MB.

Most reports out right now are saying that management has been told to stock up on picks and rebuild/retool, so I’m inclined to believe we’ll use the pick.

I wonder who it was that told them to stock up on draft picks?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I wonder who it was that told them to stock up on draft picks?
It was Bergevin's secret advisor

qqqq_400x400.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Actually that's one report from someone who has shown to be wrong more often than not lately.

All other sources indicate the same thing, that Bergevin thinks last year was a fluke and that they won't rebuild so long as they have Price and Weber.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Actually that's one report from someone who has shown to be wrong more often than not lately.

All other sources indicate the same thing, that Bergevin thinks last year was a fluke and that they won't rebuild so long as they have Price and Weber.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him trade the pick for immediate help, last summer he traded one of the best D prospects in all of hockey for a winger so I am not exactly confident that the man will do the right thing here.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

Habs fans were pretty forgiving of Dryden, considering that they didn't win jack squat when he was sitting out (Wayne Thomas and Michel Plasse, anyone?) and began winning again the minute he came back.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reactions: Cobra Commander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->