Marc Bergevin - More Excuses Needed... Edition Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Its a good lineup......just not good enough.....4 pieces missing

Sniper
Centre to play top 6 and move Domi
2 LHD......of which one is a young established player......get to work Bergy

One sniper + one top-four LHD are sufficient. Domi stays at center.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Precisely.....affirming with certainty that they will or will not make the playoffs in April is the true definition of jumping the gun.......

There’s the draft, trades and July 1st that will factor in our decision making on what awaits our habs next fall and their ability to go to the dance.....

Right now though, status quo would be a very unwise decision if you ask me.......changes will come, trades will be made and someone of significance will be signed

If he goes status quo, Habs won't make the playoffs. He's not going to be able to count on another year of a mostly healthy roster and so many career years all happening again.

There are glaring holes that need to be addressed now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If he goes status quo, Habs won't make the playoffs. He's not going to be able to count on another year of a mostly healthy roster and so many career years all happening again.

If he stays status quo, it’ll be 8th or 9th (most probably 9th)

It would mean one team would sewer and we’d sneak in only to suffer a first round exit.....in other words, it isn’t an option

Just my opinion J :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Its a good lineup......just not good enough.....4 pieces missing

Sniper
Centre to play top 6 and move Domi
2 LHD......of which one is a young established player......get to work Bergy

I'd put the sniper and LHD ahead of the center. I think they could probably function with the center line depth they have now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No room.......for now

But ... but ... I still see room in the bin ...

yzhSvFH.jpg

:sarcasm:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

If this a$$-clown stays the same, leaves 10M of capspace again I would think Price will beat him to a pulp with his blocker!!

He HAS to improve the team overall, he will no longer be able to hide behind a bar on the floor of expectations....the Habs have to be in the playoffs next season...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If this a$$-clown stays the same, leaves 10M of capspace again I would think Price will beat him to a pulp with his blocker!!

He HAS to improve the team overall, he will no longer be able to hide behind a bar on the floor of expectations....the Habs have to be in the playoffs next season...

How much are you willing to bet? I wouldn't be surprised to see the team just as it was last year with the possibility of a couple of young guys being in and out of the lineup. We keep the cap space and continue as we were.

Reactions: Tighthead

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

yzhSvFH.jpg

The master picking up bargains while the rest of the GM's are busy doing nothing, or watching the playoffs...he is truly amazing....he is not messing around. These guys would have been swept up so he couldn't let them get to June!!!!

All jokes aside, these are all decent signings, for me as mentioned before the timing is off, I would be looking at other players on the team like our RFA's and not wanting them to go down the wrong road and hold out...he is so used to filling in the bottom of the roster, it's bizarre.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
How much are you willing to bet? I wouldn't be surprised to see the team just as it was last year with the possibility of a couple of young guys being in and out of the lineup. We keep the cap space and continue as we were.
Let's hope not..........my only hope is by both Price and Weber mentioning their cases at the end of the season, that neither of them will let MB stay in hiding, and leave all that cap on the floor...........he has a ton of work to do to make us better. Expecting career years again, from Domi, Dano, and Tatar is very dangerous...

Reactions: Runner77

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Playoffs. Especially winning a round or 4. That's what generates the maximized levels of of profit.

Team isnt good enough for that.

There are other ways. Dont spend to the cap. Ice a half decent team so theres still butts in the seats and people watch TV (aka no rebuild).

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Team isnt good enough for that.

There are other ways. Dont spend to the cap. Ice a half decent team so theres still butts in the seats and people watch TV (aka no rebuild).

Better to make the team more exciting with young skilled players and lose a few more games. You still have the interest from the fans and a genuine plan with momentum to move forward.

More of the same isn't a plan at all. Everyone is watching as Price and Weber age themselves out of their star brackets. It's a capitulation.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Better to make the team more exciting with young skilled players and lose a few more games. You still have the interest from the fans and a genuine plan with momentum to move forward.

More of the same isn't a plan at all. Everyone is watching as Price and Weber age themselves out of their star brackets. It's a capitulation.
Exactly, who cares if we play the vets and miss the playoffs by a few points? We are nowhere near being a contender so play the kids, see what they are. We are in one of the toughest divisions in hockey and it shows no signs of slowing down. Middle of the road will get us nowhere, move Price and Weber if it is possible to do.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So glad we extended Mitchell and Flynn, those guys really solidified the 4th line.

Wait, what year is it?

I remember arguing with a lot of posters here that Flynn was a waste of time. The excuse was the same as it is today. It cost nothing he is doing a good job on the 4th line. Strangely Flynn who apparently was doing a good 4th line job (nah he was not) has not played a single NHL game since he left Montreal.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd put the sniper and LHD ahead of the center. I think they could probably function with the center line depth they have now.
Ya, should’ve put them in better order

More like this...

LHD to play with Weber
Sniper (Panarin :D)
LHD to play with Petry (Edler)?
Centre

Too make this work we’d need 2 UFA signings and we’d trade assets to acquire Weber’s partner.

Chances of all this happening.....10%

Just a guessing game for now

And that extra centre may just so happen to be Poehling.......

Driving myself mad trying to figure out what’s gonna happen lol

Reactions: Runner77

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Does he really want to see a repetition of Price's attitude again,the guy just wants to win.if they hold onto the cap space both maggoo and bargain brain should be skewered by the fans and media or start a billboard campaign i'm in for a couple of bucks.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

yzhSvFH.jpg

I like your optimism Runner :laugh:

I suspect you’ll be adding a Benn and Kulak in that Bargain Bin.......

Now let’s go shopping at the Ferrari dealership.....I heard there’s a few that may become available come July 1st :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad