Montreal, QC
It most certainly was.

MVP, Vezina, Hart Pearson winner
Norris winner
3rd overall
39 goal scorer
Gallagher

All on the sunny side of 25

Then add in Markov, Plek, Eller... great core to start with.

Stop pretending like he had nothing to work with. He got the absolute least out of that core that he could. He hired the worst coach in the league and killed the team. He should've been made to wear a cape at head office so he could be super fired.

People really don't realize what we had on our hands, mostly because they were driven down by some bumbling fools on the management team. The 2013-2015 edition of the Habs was ripe for success, perhaps for years to come, if they didn't keep shooting their dick off.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It most certainly was.

Norris winner
3rd overall
39 goal scorer
Gallagher

Stop pretending like he had nothing to work with. He got the absolute least out of that core that he could. He hired the worst coach in the league and killed the team. He should've been made to wear a cape at head office so he could be super fired.

I’ll be honest, there’s no point to ant of this if you’re going to have your glass half full for the past and your glass half empty looking forward.

What irks me about repeating myself with these things is that post like this demonstrate that people don’t want to even come close to seeing anything f***ing positive ever in the present but then love to see the good that has passed in a completely different light.

I think I’ve been pretty objective with what i’ve said and yet it’s a deluge of posts that consistently miss the mark either with regards to content or introspection

Reactions: JAPPO and 417

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’ll be honest, there’s no point to ant of this if you’re going to have your glass half full for the past and your glass half empty looking forward.
Have you actually read my posts?

I'm not half empty about things going forward except to the extent that I think we're not going to aggressively pick one direction or another. I think the forwards are a good base to build on. We've still got Carey Price and we need to fix the D.

Not good enough to win but not bad enough to tank. So pick a direction and do something. If we had a decent D that would be a huge boost. Add in a legit gamebreaker and we just might be able to contend. But we're not going to contend without bold moves. Likewise, we can't rebuild unless key players are traded away.

Pick a path!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Euh...aren't you doing the same by saying you never thought the old core was good? LG tried to refresh your memory of some of their individual accomplishments and you turn that into a ''oh whatever man...just no point, you're not fair!''...:huh: Pretty ironic. Can't have it both ways man.
We definitely had talent to work with. There is no denying that.
What irks me about repeating myself with these things is that post like this demonstrate that people don’t want to even come close to seeing anything ****ing positive ever in the present but then love to see the good that has passed in a completely different light.

I think I’ve been pretty objective with what i’ve said and yet it’s a deluge of posts that consistently miss the mark either with regards to content or introspection

I find a lot of the Bergevin defenders are focused on the posters, not the responses they get, always trying to turn it into some irrational hate towards the GM.
Bergevin has had a good year. That's it. Is this a sign of how things will go moving forward? We don't know as we only have one summer to go on but at the end of the day, he's been here for 7 years and he's in a 3/4 years of missing the POs stretch which is only 1 miss away from tying the worst GM in our history, RJ Houle. That is terrible by any standard. This isn't a new GM who's being charged with rebuild this organization. We have the same guy who decided to stick with the group you deemed ''not good'' and try to build on the fly without making much commitment to free agents or via trade. He just rode the wave until he finally woke up to notice, well damn, it's been 5 years, I gotta start making bigger moves, which lead to us missing the POs 2/3 years. It's after that he finally said ''well, we're gonna reset''...not to say rebuild because that would be flat out admitting his building ''plan'' over previous seasons failed to deliver.

He's been a massive failure, and now some people want to give him a second go at it because he finally had a good summer? And you're complaining that fans aren't super positive? Come on dude, you talk about objectivity here? How can you possibly question the objectivity of fans when the same GM has been here for 7 years and we just missed the POs for the 3rd time in 4 years....come on now.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Your post actually contributes to my point though - saying Bergevin hasn't picked a direction is dumb, it's clear he has.

What exactly is this path? Today looks a lot like the end of Year 1. Team entered off a bottom 5 finish the year before, low expectations, but were a lot better than everybody thought.

Then MB did nothing. He didn't really give his team much outside support. Aside from Petry, his FA signings were garbage (Briere) or worse (Parros, Murray, Semin). He also didn't 'build through the draft' as he promised, he didn't actively seek to acquire picks or prospects and he left his incompetent Foxhole and Friends team in place to help ensure no young players would ever graduate to key roles with the team. He just took his pick and then complained how hard it is to land impact players picking 25th every year.

Maybe this is the year MB actually does something creative. Trade #15 plus the 2nd rounders or other assets and move up in the draft to get a higher ceiling prospect. Aggressively pursue an elite UFA like Panarin, then trade one of the current wingers in a deal for a LD. Or see that the 'window' is still a couple of years out and trade one of Tatar, Byron, Petry, Shaw to add picks/prospects to the pipeline.

History suggests Bergevin's 'path' will be the usual. Take the draft pick you are given. He doesn't sound like he's going to pursue an elite UFA so maybe he puts his toe in the UFA kiddie pool. He won't trade futures so he won't acquire an elite talent via trade. So we keep spinning our wheels.

History also suggests that teams that make a big jump in the standings give some of those gains back the next year, so we can look forward to 91 points next year, a marginally better pick in 2020, and more of the same treading water.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It most certainly was.

Norris winner
3rd overall
39 goal scorer
Gallagher

He doomed right from the beginning.............hiring MT was the biggest mistake he could have made. The only results he got were because of Price's play. Terrible decision after terrible decision. We got lucky last summer, but still, here we are no playoffs and drafting in the freaking middle of the pack.
Awful, just an awful GM.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He doomed right from the beginning.............hiring MT was the biggest mistake he could have made. The only results he got were because of Price's play. Terrible decision after terrible decision. We got lucky last summer, but still, here we are no playoffs and drafting in the freaking middle of the pack.
Awful, just an awful GM.

Good moves = Lucky
Bad moves = He Sucks.

Got yeah now. And you think you are giving a fair evaluation and avoiding hate. Please reply back and tell me I'm the one being unreasonable.

However, I do agree that hiring MT was a mistake.

Last edited:

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks for diving a bit deeper on the stats. I took a look earlier and San Jose is also up there among the biggest gainers. Part of the reason for them would be new key players, which might also account for the Habs' situation. Hard to believe losing Pacioretty and Galchenyuk, and adding Tatar, Domi, Armia and Kotkaniemi would result in more goals, but it shows the effect of chemistry combined with talent. As for Calgary's huge spike with the same core... no freakin idea.

To be clear, I'm open to any possibility of why things happened and what it means moving forward, as long as it's reasonable and jibes with the facts.

Well improving upon the previous season was fairly easy, the team was done by December and it wasnt replacing 30 goal Pacioretty, it was a 17 goal season I believe. Galchenyuk would have been useful on the PP with his shot. This year they had something to play for. Doesnt account for all the goals but would give for some of them. Typically only shit teams score as little as the habs did in 2017-18. Dallas made the playoffs this year scoring that little, but they are more the exception than the rule. They are the only team to score under 220 goals the past 2 seasons and make the playoffs, and they score 209.

Calgary had more changes than the habs, and they have better high end Talent. They completely changed their coaches and system, where as Habs changed assistants and tweaked some things. It did seem like they were trending back to Julien's way as the year went on. I looked at the numbers in halves of the season and their goal scoring was similar (10 less goals in the second half), so it doesnt seem to support that thought.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
- why would we need to unload rookies?
- Poehling and Suzuki will certainly be on the cusp of making the team, or on the team
- The team is very young at forward, there's nothing to suggest some of them like Kotkaniemi won't continue to improve
- why would Kotkaniemi need to move to the first line?
- Bergevin has a tremendous amount of cap space we haven't wasted trying to get FA's in a weak pool (thank god - seeing as how Alzner turned out)
- Mete and Juulsen should continue to improve

I don't know where I see the team, probably someone in a wildcard spot, but with better young talent.

- To get some better vets?
- Maybe. To this day we don't know. Actually we have to improve BEFORE we know this, as this will be known during camp, maybe preseason, maybe as late as November.
- Yep. They could. Kotka might have a sophomore jinx next year too as it happens to a lot of rookies. But beyond that, he will MOST definately improve. If we think he'll be 1st C...he has to improve. Other kids might. Or might not. We don't know. Are we going to go in another year with that kind of mentality? We don't know...so let's hope luck is on our side?
- Remains to be seesn if the guy knows what to do with cap space. Other than the Armia deal, we haven't seen it. And Alzner was his call....so let me NOT be that enthusiastic so far. All great to have cap space....yet if nobody wants to come 'cause you haven't prooved that you can build a good team, we will still have cap space in October.
- Yes, they could. Or not. Could go both ways.

So yep, next year again, we are battling for a wildcard spot. As of today. Evertying will change based on what we do and what others will do.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Tatar may drop off a little but he's right in the range where he usually produces. I don't see anything that happened this year that's not sustainable. And a guy like KK could improve a lot. Barring injuries (and that's always the key) I don't see us taking a huge step back offensively.

But I think we'd do ourselves a huge favour offensively and defensively if we fixed the blueline. If we had guys back there who could move the puck it's only going to make life easier at both ends. The PP would be better... The D where I'm mostly concerned. We've got to do better back there.

Up front, we could use a Panarin. A true gamebreaker. But we can survive without one. I don't think we can survive with the D we have next year. If we don't improve that by a lot, we're really playing with fire.

I agree Tatar is what he is 45-55 point player. Calling this year a career high is technically true but it is marginal increase unless one of his 2 extra points had resulted in a playoff spot.

Panarin is the only UFA forward I would go after for an overpayment. I see some asking for Brock Nelson, but why? Habs dont need another 50 point center. Anders Lee sure but he probably isnt leaving NYI.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Good moves = Lucky
Bad moves = He Sucks.

Got yeah now. And you think you are giving a fair evaluation and avoiding hate. Please reply back and tell me I'm the one being unreasonable.

Well not as clear cut, he should be commanded for his good moves, yet his good moves, so far, as made this team a non-playoff team. Tough to applaud him. Then, there is some luck to his move based on his own words.....Domi was going to be a winger. Per Bergevin himself. Not us. So luck has to be involved. But...he got him nonetheless. The Tatar move was a very good one, doesn't matter what Pacioretty does. He wasn't doing it for us. He needed a much better team to be able to unleash more his talent. I think that the greatest thing here is that we could not build a better team to see what Pacioretty could have done. And that goes back to Bergevin inability to build a strong team.

Thing is...which bad move he made that he ended up unlucky? Alzner was finished BEFORE we traded for him. Most in here didn't want him. Was he unlucky with that one? Drouin....well a guy who keeps bringing the attitude factor and goes with the guy whose attitude was incredibly quesetioned based on him staying at home......is it unlucky to see that he doesn't have the greatest attitude? The only thing that will save this deal is Sergachev unability to become a very good player in this league. Which then goes back to the pick we made but that's another story.....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well not as clear cut, he should be commanded for his good moves, yet his good moves, so far, as made this team a non-playoff team. Tough to applaud him. Then, there is some luck to his move based on his own words.....Domi was going to be a winger. Per Bergevin himself. Not us. So luck has to be involved. But...he got him nonetheless. The Tatar move was a very good one, doesn't matter what Pacioretty does. He wasn't doing it for us. He needed a much better team to be able to unleash more his talent. I think that the greatest thing here is that we could not build a better team to see what Pacioretty could have done. And that goes back to Bergevin inability to build a strong team.

Thing is...which bad move he made that he ended up unlucky? Alzner was finished BEFORE we traded for him. Most in here didn't want him. Was he unlucky with that one? Drouin....well a guy who keeps bringing the attitude factor and goes with the guy whose attitude was incredibly quesetioned based on him staying at home......is it unlucky to see that he doesn't have the greatest attitude? The only thing that will save this deal is Sergachev unability to become a very good player in this league. Which then goes back to the pick we made but that's another story.....

Things that stand out to me in terms of bad moves...

- Bringing back MT as the coach. That was questionable.
- Not realizing our prospect pool was terrible in 2012 and went in a direction where he was limited in terms of filling holes. He should of considered trading vets for futures and having a Habs core with futures to add around them. Price, Subban, Patch, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller with the additional prospects and futures he would of got for Markov, Pleky, etc.
- Swapping a RD for a RD who was 4 years older.
- Not willing to overpay Radulov by $1M AAV to make him stay. He got frustrated in negotiations and that is clear to me.
- Signing Alzner to a 5 year term. If he signed him for 3 years, it still would of been a bad move but why give him 5 years? Makes no sense cause Alzner was not trending well.
- Acquiring Shaw which I like but then he unloaded Eller instead of DD.

I don't think he is a terrible GM but he has made questionable moves. My problem is thinking that if we fire him, the next guy will be for sure better. Bergevin has shown ability to rebound and learn from mistakes. His last 12 months of moves are very very very good. I think we need to see how he rides this youth movement and our cap space.

Reactions: jaffy27

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I honestly applaud you Kriss E and others for trying to show the light of Marcs lack of ability to be a competent GM. (mod) Nothing you say or do will change the opinion of the man.

My "hot take" of the matter.... Marc has been a failure of a GM. When I look at the body of evidence in front of me.... its a clear as rain that this man(and molson) are up sh**'s creek without a paddle.

The bar is so freaking low we are actually excited that we almost made the PO... but apparently that is OK.... Marc is the man with the plan...

Same stuff every year...
H8ter= H8
Supporter=S

H8: Marc has failed yet again, therefore he should be let go
S: Marc made moves x and y , x might panout .... we should give him until (insert date) to see if he can really bring about change
H8: You said that last year... team continues to rely on otherworldly play of Price
S: Give Marc another shot.
H8: What will it take for you to admit Marc is a failure?
S: If Marc still has capspace and doesn't land free agent 1 or 2 ... I will want him fired.

Fast forward to the next year. same stuff plays out on these threads again and again.
wait and see, wait and see....

I've seen enough, just as patches was a great player but I wanted him gone, I want Marc gone.... but here we are .... year 8 of the man with the plan...:help:

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Things that stand out to me in terms of bad moves...

- Bringing back MT as the coach. That was questionable.
- Not realizing our prospect pool was terrible in 2012 and went in a direction where he was limited in terms of filling holes. He should of considered trading vets for futures and having a Habs core with futures to add around them. Price, Subban, Patch, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller with the additional prospects and futures he would of got for Markov, Pleky, etc.
- Swapping a RD for a RD who was 4 years older.
- Not willing to overpay Radulov by $1M AAV to make him stay. He got frustrated in negotiations and that is clear to me.
- Signing Alzner to a 5 year term. If he signed him for 3 years, it still would of been a bad move but why give him 5 years? Makes no sense cause Alzner was not trending well.
- Acquiring Shaw which I like but then he unloaded Eller instead of DD.

I don't think he is a terrible GM but he has made questionable moves. My problem is thinking that if we fire him, the next guy will be for sure better. Bergevin has shown ability to rebound and learn from mistakes. His last 12 months of moves are very very very good. I think we need to see how he rides this youth movement and our cap space.

I know what you mean but I think it's a moot point. When people wants some trades, they don't want Price for Chad Johnson. Nobody wants to make a move, just to make a move. Just ike nobody wants to fire Bergevin to bring Réjean Houle back. BUt to have the possibility to get a better GM....it does start with the firing of the guy in place. Yes, if we fire Bergevin and we hire Pete Chiarelli....I would be mad as hell and would surely want Bergevin back. BUt it's not and never was the point. Thing is, where I will give you something is that with Molson in charge, chances are if we replace Bergevin, I'm not convince that we will do the right move. Will be awfully skeptical. And yes, everybody acknowledge and understand that he's going nowhere for now. That he does have the whole summer and season to fix things. But we all understeand and hope that if we don't make the playoffs AGAIN, he is gone. That's one thing. Then we will have to pray to find somebody better.

You need some freakin accountability at some point. Will be Bergevin 8th year with nothing to show for, except a whole lot of self-confidence and a whole lot of cocky behaviours.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know what you mean but I think it's a moot point. When people wants some trades, they don't want Price for Chad Johnson. Nobody wants to make a move, just to make a move. Just ike nobody wants to fire Bergevin to bring Réjean Houle back. BUt to have the possibility to get a better GM....it does start with the firing of the guy in place. Yes, if we fire Bergevin and we hire Pete Chiarelli....I would be mad as hell and would surely want Bergevin back. BUt it's not and never was the point. Thing is, where I will give you something is that with Molson in charge, chances are if we replace Bergevin, I'm not convince that we will do the right move. Will be awfully skeptical. And yes, everybody acknowledge and understand that he's going nowhere for now. That he does have the whole summer and season to fix things. But we all understeand and hope that if we don't make the playoffs AGAIN, he is gone. That's one thing. Then we will have to pray to find somebody better.

You need some freakin accountability at some point. Will be Bergevin 8th year with nothing to show for, except a whole lot of self-confidence and a whole lot of cocky behaviours.

I'm not 100% happy but also not going to jump on his back and nit pick. Building a cup contender has no for sure time line so I don't support firing a guy and going down the 5 year recycle GM program. Bergevin has us on the right path right now so why not let the youth movement take it's course? Are the non-supports worried that his current plan might actually work and he gets extended because of it? That has hate written all over it IMO. If his current plan results in the best Habs roster we have seen in over a decade, he deserves to stay no matter how much you hate him for the questionable moves he made in the past. The answers to this is going to be... Yeah, but he took more than 5 or 6 or 7 years to do it. Come on man

The biggest concern with me is if we fire him with no pre arraigned replacement, who does Molson hire to interview the new potential GM's this time around? Be careful with what you wish for. Priority #1 should be to find a top hockey guy to be our President if you want Bergevin fired. Those non-supporters have their priories messed up and are not thinking straight cause they want our GM gone badly. If you want Bergevin gone badly, start with attacking the President who is our Owner and is not qualified for the position

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I'm not 100% happy but also not going to jump on his back and nit pick. Building a cup contender has no for sure time line so I don't support firing a guy and going down the 5 year recycle GM program. Bergevin has us on the right path right now so why not let the youth movement take it's course? Are the non-supports worried that his current plan might actually work and he gets extended because of it? That has hate written all over it IMO. If his current plan results in the best Habs roster we have seen in over a decade, he deserves to stay no matter how much you hate him for the questionable moves he made in the past. The answers to this is going to be... Yeah, but he took more than 5 or 6 or 7 years to do it. Come on man

The biggest concern with me is if we fire him with no pre arraigned replacement, who does Molson hire to interview the new potential GM's this time around? Be careful with what you wish for. Priority #1 should be to find a top hockey guy to be our President if you want Bergevin fired. Those non-supporters have their priories messed up and are not thinking straight cause they want our GM gone badly. If you want Bergevin gone badly, start with attacking the President who is our Owner and is not qualified for the position

Something I've been doing. Molson isn't at his place at all. Now....as far as the hate part..makes no sense man. I don't know him personnally. He didn't steal my wife. My sole and only concern is to win and be relevant. Now what we heard from some of you is to just forget what he has done in the past. We f***ed up 6 years of Price for nothing. NOW HE GETS IT? In 2017 he signed Alzner...but I guess in 2017, it was old Bergie. Now, new Bergie is the one that worked last summer. With Domi and Tatar and Armia. And with fillers like Weal, Thompson and Kulak. Yes, he had his best year. But we need some playoffs. And he has to do more this summer and this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Something I've been doing. Molson isn't at his place at all. Now....as far as the hate part..makes no sense man. I don't know him personnally. He didn't steal my wife. My sole and only concern is to win and be relevant. Now what we heard from some of you is to just forget what he has done in the past. We ****ed up 6 years of Price for nothing. NOW HE GETS IT? In 2017 he signed Alzner...but I guess in 2017, it was old Bergie. Now, new Bergie is the one that worked last summer. With Domi and Tatar and Armia. And with fillers like Weal, Thompson and Kulak. Yes, he had his best year. But we need some playoffs. And he has to do more this summer and this year.

I don't necessary think you in particular hate him. I know I stated it several times and used the word so don't get too sensitive about it. Some really do hate him and have said so. Lets not pretend that this is not happening.

I do think the dislike for him does cloud the overall picture though. It's hard to engage in a conversation about Bergevin without it turning into a bash Bergevin secession. He's not that bad IMO. I'm OK with firing him but I worry about the next process we go through without knowing who the next guy is and who is going to hire him. I have zero confidence in Molson hiring the right guy and even hiring the right guy to do the interviews.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
You have active GMs and reactive GMs. I think Mb is reactive. His coach wants goons or vet 4th liners, he gets them. He gets offered Weber for Subban, he jumps at it. He gets offered Tatar, he takes it. I hope his judgement is improving, but I’m worried it’s random. When things go well he looks fir FAs when things go badly he takes draft picks.

It’s not necessarily better to be active or reactive but I hope he’s learning and not just randomly doing stuff. A little more long term thinking would help too.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't necessary think you in particular hate him. I know I stated it several times and used the word so don't get too sensitive about it. Some really do hate him and have said so. Lets not pretend that this is not happening.

I do think the dislike for him does cloud the overall picture though. It's hard to engage in a conversation about Bergevin without it turning into a bash Bergevin secession. He's not that bad IMO. I'm OK with firing him but I worry about the next process we go through without knowing who the next guy is and who is going to hire him. I have zero confidence in Molson hiring the right guy and even hiring the right guy to do the interviews.
Miss the POs 3 out of 4 years thanks to the savviness of our GM. You're right...that's “not that bad”.
Nobody has their judgment clouded by hate. Their standards are simply higher than yours, and there is nothing wrong with wanting the guy who's lead you go play in 1 PO round over 4 years fired asap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Miss the POs 3 out of 4 years thanks to the savviness of our GM. You're right...that's “not that bad”.
Nobody has their judgment clouded by hate. Their standards are simply higher than yours, and there is nothing wrong with wanting the guy who's lead you go play in 1 PO round over 4 years fired asap.

Problem is you ignore the current direction and how he wasn't fired before cause of the money Molson would of had to written off. Look at the present and recent moves and you realize he is here to stay for another 12 months (Like it or not).

You can jump on my back all you want. I'm content with heading down the youth movement road he has us on. He has 2 years left in term so his clock is ticking and he needs his current direction to work or he is for sure not getting another contract from us.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Problem is you ignore the current direction and how he wasn't fired before cause of the money Molson would of had to written off. Look at the present and recent moves and you realize he is here to stay for another 12 months (Like it or not).

You can jump on my back all you want. I'm content with heading down the youth movement road he has us on. He has 2 years left in term so his clock is ticking and he needs his current direction to work or he is for sure not getting another contract from us.
Newsflash..nothing said on this board by anyone will have any real life impact.
Thanks, I wasnt aware. All this time I thought Molson just didnt have internet and wasnt getting our messages here about the need to fire Bergevin. Glad that's cleared up.

The current decision, ya, you can ignore how hes been here for 7 years leading to missing the POs 3 out of 4 years. Nobody argued otherwise. You're the one who keeps telling a bunch of people they're blinded by their hate when there is nothing irrational about wanting this guy fired. You want to focus on present direction, good for you, nothing wrong there. Others have lost complete faith in this bozo and there is nothing wrong with that either given the lack of results. They're not ignoring the one great summer, they just put a lot of importance on the 6 prior years of work as well and dont trust him anymore.
So get off your high horse already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs178

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Good moves = Lucky
Bad moves = He Sucks.

He has hit 1 for 7 in the offseason, addressing needs of the team...he has been for years, in over his head. Tire fire of a GM.

He has 1 good summer, and you are calling him a good GM? The MT thing was beyond a bad move...in every other NHL city he would have been fired by now. If his last name was Smith, he would have been fired by now...

We will agree to disagree...we can't fire this clown soon enough. Would love to be wrong, but will not hold my breath on this clown understanding and evaluating what needs to be done...drafting at 15 and leaving 9M on the table and not making the playoffs cinched it for me.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Tampa is way better than habs and will be for quite a while. They will learn from this. Trust the posters like you on this board to jump all over the loss though. As if the teams somehow compare.

I'm sure they jumped on the Habs when they won division and got ousted round 1 t00...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has hit 1 for 7 in the offseason, addressing needs of the team...he has been for years, in over his head. Tire fire of a GM.

He has 1 good summer, and you are calling him a good GM? The MT thing was beyond a bad move...in every other NHL city he would have been fired by now. If his last name was Smith, he would have been fired by now...

We will agree to disagree...we can't fire this clown soon enough. Would love to be wrong, but will not hold my breath on this clown understanding and evaluating what needs to be done...drafting at 15 and leaving 9M on the table and not making the playoffs cinched it for me.

You are taking the high critical approach and I get it. But what you don't realize is you do the same thing to the next GM and the Habs continue on with the 5, 6, 7 GM recycle program and we never become cup contenders cause the plan is always changing and we don't stick with one.

Bergevin said he would build through the draft. His 2012 and 2013 picks didn't turn out like they should. Bad picks in bad draft years for the most part. Yeah, he traded a few 2nd's. What GM doesn't do this? Fast forward to 7 years and he has one of the youngest group of players supported by very good vets and one of the best propsect pools. Prospects who are actually developing well in their draft +1 and +2 years. Go ahead, compare that to before and try to say it's the same hope :laugh:

Team direction goes a long way with keeping a GM or firing him. Like it or not, our team direction is on a good road. So he is here to say for 12 more months.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Good moves = Lucky
Bad moves = He Sucks.

Is that any different that the people consistently providing the same amount of defending regardless of good or bad summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad