Marc Bergevin: Apocalypse Soon Edition (XIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I feel like the crazy guy on the street corner yelling about the apocalypse. I keep harping on the rotten foundation of our pipeline, and at the risk of repeating that message too many times, I remain convinced all issues stem from it. Poor scouting, poor amateur coaching, zero core players we've drafted ourselves. A decade of passively neglecting our prospect pool has left this team in a sinkhole. Other teams like New York put real energy into their pipeline and have started to see results. Yet over here Geoff and Marc continue to fill potholes rather than do a proper excavation and repair. Trades keep us from sinking deeper, but they don't actually fix the damage.

I'm pretty sure Geoff and Marc see the problem. I don't think they're clueless. The problem might be that they're in so deep they don't have the will to implement real change. It requires an admission of failure and a gutting of staff and veteran players. The question is, are they willing to take the public heat for placing playoff hopes on hold for a couple of years? Can they stop with the damn fake hype and stop condescending to the fans? It takes work and PR -- can these guys finally bite the f*cking bullet and act like leaders?
Those two clowns are the problem, I am not convinced they realize this. It's a great post, but I do think they are clueless.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Wow Serge Savard was on TVA Sport saying it's unacceptable that each year people are wondering if the Habs are gonna make the playoffs. He said when he was there, the goal was to win the Stanley Cup.

He also was not impressed how last year Molson on the last game of the season went to congradulate Poehling when they Habs were not making the playoffs. That shows the sort of live and let live approach of Molson.

Savard also said that the Habs should let young players like KK play to give them experience.

Finally he said he still has "le feu sacré" the fire in his belly as far as hockey. Would be interesting to have him above the GM.

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
MB is dumb enough to go in front of the press after they miss the playoffs again, and tell us all of the great core he has

MB could have written his post season presser notes back in September. That’s how predictable it will be.

Reactions: hvac412

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Wow Serge Savard was on TVA Sport saying it's unacceptable that each year people are wondering if the Habs are gonna make the playoffs. He said when he was there, the goal was to win the Stanley Cup.

He also was not impressed how last year Molson on the last game of the season went to congradulate Poehling when they Habs were not making the playoffs. That shows the sort of live and let live approach of Molson.

Savard also said that the Habs should let players like KK play to give them experience.

Finally he said he still has "le feu sacré" the fire in his belly as far as hockey. Would be interesting to have him above the GM.
The organization wont be happy being criticized by a Half of Famer.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Savard also said that the Habs should let players like KK play to give them experience.

He’s absolutely right and it’s great to hear from a Stanley Cup winning GM and Hall of Famer.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
It's funny hearing MB talk about not rebuilding, not tearing it down.

Meanwhile, the Rangers sold a number of players, added multiple first and second round picks.

Now, they're already on the brink of competing. They have 2 NHL caliber goaltenders in their pipeline. Zibanejad has developed into a high end center. They have a ton of talent coming up. They have 4 defensemen who can move the puck.

Like, they were better than MBs Habs while MBs Habs were competing and they're already better after tearing it down.

How much more evidence the man has no clue what he's doing does Molson need ?
They aren't exactly Cup Contenders . Will they even make the PO's ? i don't think so .
Best of their move is the signing of Panarin, but in fact , that last wanted to play there because of his wife career . Hard to give the GM all the merit. But it's true that they have a good bank of good prospects and young players

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

He picked MB... Not sure I want him to be in charge of finding the next GM unless he is given carte blanche (no restriction on language, etc.) for his next GM.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He picked MB... Not sure I want him to be in charge of finding the next GM unless he is given carte blanche (no restriction on language, etc.) for his next GM.

MB didn't work out, but that doesn't mean that he was a terrible choice.

Sometimes, a good choice doesn't work out.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
MB didn't work out, but that doesn't mean that he was a terrible choice.

Sometimes, a good choice doesn't work out.

I agree, that's why I think if he can pick his best candidate and not the best candidate picked by the Quebec government, we may have someone who can get the job done.

Given what we know about MB 8 years later, he is a bull shitter. Easy to recognize he lied his way through the interview process.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Can we please stop ignoring a star forward and a top pairing defenseman they signed, as well as a college star they traded for at a bargain price, because he specifically wanted to play for them, when we're praising the Rangers template? That's a fool's errand. It cannot be replicated in Montreal.

Reactions: The Great Weise

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Can we please stop ignoring a star forward and a top pairing defenseman they signed, as well as a college star they traded for at a bargain price, because he specifically wanted to play for them, when we're praising the Rangers template? That's a fool's errand. It cannot be replicated in Montreal.

Agreed.

Some models to build a great team are simply not viable.

And the Rangers are not even great.

Reactions: Archijerej

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I''ll be EXTREMELY surprised if anything happens.

Nothing will happen we are 6 points behind (7 since we don't have the tie break). We would need to be at least a minimum of 10 points behind for him to sell. I would not be surprised if he acquires some 4th liners and 3rd pairing dmen ... again.

Reactions: DXStriker

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Savard also said that the Habs should let young players like KK play to give them experience.

I wonder if the high school dropout alcoholic has finally figured out that Terry Ryan does not look anything like Shane Doan.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Honestly if Savard is interested in the position of president wth is he not hired yet?

Reactions: DXStriker

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Honestly if Savard is interested in the position of president wth is he not hired yet?
The catalyst for the orgs present demise, missing former Soviet players was catastrophic, not knowing Terry Ryan is not Shane Doan was simply idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad