Rumor: Marc-Andre-Fleury wants out of Vegas

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You guys going all in. One last run for the boys. Of course, just hope you don’t meet the isles in the first round ;)

Last time Fleury was the goalie for the Pens versus the Isles the Pens won. ;)

Of course that was Vokoun taking over for him, but Fleury's smile was the difference.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Last time Fleury was the goalie for the Pens versus the Isles the Pens won. ;)

Of course that was Vokoun taking over for him, but Fleury's smile was the difference.

We got to Fluery that series. I’m thinking Jarry will be the goalie for the pens for the foreseeable future. What are your thoughts? Could trade Murray and bring in Holtby maybe on the cheap if he doesn’t get any big offers.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Which team would be interested in a 35 year-old 7mil backup for the next two years?
Devils maybe .
Schneider is complete trash and they need to have someone mentor Blackwood and split games or blackwood will be burnt out 1/2 way through the year. Is it 7 mil in actual salary ? If that’s the case, then I can’t see it as the Devils would be spending 13 mil + on goalies then

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Devils maybe .
Schneider is complete trash and they need to have someone mentor Blackwood and split games or blackwood will be burnt out 1/2 way through the year. Is it 7 mil in actual salary ? If that’s the case, then I can’t see it as the Devils would be spending 13 mil + on goalies then

MAF for Bastian, 3rd + buyout Schneider

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Absured? maybe, impossible? a team cant retain the entire cap hit on a player? (I really don't know the rule, not being sarcastic)
It's absurd. And no, a team cannot retain more than 50%.

You seriously think the Sharks will retain everything on Jones (or even 50%) to give up Couture and take on a negative value contract?

Your proposal is probably the worst I've ever seen here.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If the Knights are looking to resign Lehner and clear some cap space, I think NJ is a prime destination.

We need a mentor for Blackwood and MAF would be a perfect option for the next 2 years. We also need size in our top #6 and Alex Tuch would look really good alongside Hughes or Hischier.

I’d take Flower and Tuch for Schneider (50% retained) and Zacha.

They can resign Lehner as their #1, let Schneider act as the backup or simply buy him out and add Zacha as their 3rd line shutdown center with the potential to eventually earn a spot in their top #6.

HldMyBeer

May 15, 2019
It's absurd. And no, a team cannot retain more than 50%.

You seriously think the Sharks will retain everything on Jones (or even 50%) to give up Couture and take on a negative value contract?

Your proposal is probably the worst I've ever seen here.
lol, ok, well first of all thank you for telling me about the 50% limit, i did not know.
Secondly the proposal had Vegas retaining all of Fury's cap hit, not the other way around

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We got to Fluery that series. I’m thinking Jarry will be the goalie for the pens for the foreseeable future. What are your thoughts? Could trade Murray and bring in Holtby maybe on the cheap if he doesn’t get any big offers.

I'd rather the Pens trade Murray, ride with Jarry as the starter, and bring in a veteran to be the 1B or often used backup. I don't want to see their limited cap space tied up in an expensive starter.

Reactions: SI90

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I think the Devils would actually be a nice destination for him. I don't know if Vegas fans would be into this, but if it was something around Fleury + for Schneider with retention (or not, doesn't really matter) and then you guys could buy him out for cheaper than Fleury would've been ($2 mil for 4 years). Would any Vegas fans be interested in this? Sorry if this is way off as well.

EDIT: Wow, got beat to it by two people already on the Devils front haha.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'd rather the Pens trade Murray, ride with Jarry as the starter, and bring in a veteran to be the 1B or often used backup. I don't want to see their limited cap space tied up in an expensive starter.

Makes sense. I know he wasn’t great in his short stint with the pens but maybe a reunion with Greiss? He’s been really good in his isles tenure and has playoff success and experience. With Varly singed 3 more years and Sorokin signed Greiss likely won’t be back.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Vegas trades MAF and a 2nd round pick to Ottawa for a 6th. Pitt trades Hornqvist to Vegas for the 6th. OTT retains 50% on MAF and sends him to Pitt for their 6th back plus a 4th.

OTT is basically a 3rd party here just to retain salary and they get compensated for that with a 2020 2nd and a 2020 4th.

Vegas swaps Fleury and a 2nd for Hornqvist and 1.7m in additional cap space.

The Penguins trade Hornqvist and a 4th for MAF @ 50% retained. They gain 1.8m in cap space

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
To Vegas:
Mikko Koskinen (33% retained by Ottawa) - 3.000 (2yrs)
Columbus 2nd (via Ottawa)

To Edmonton:
Marc-Andre Fleury - 7.000 (2yrs)
Chris Tierney - RFA
Mike Reilly - 1.500 (1yr)
NYI 1st via OTT

To Ottawa:
Jesse Puljujarvi - RFA
Kris Russell - 4.000 (1yr - cap dump)
EDM 1st
1.500 from Koskinen

Lots of moving parts but it breaks down to this...

For Vegas... Fleury for Koskinen and a 2nd. (and 4.000 in cap space).

For EDM... Russel and Koskinen = 8.500 and so do Fleury and Reilly. Cap is similar and they get a huge upgrade in net and a 3C for the cost of Puljujarvi and moving down ~10 spots in the draft.

For OTT: Moves up ~10 spots in the draft, swaps Tierney for Puljujarvi and upgrades from Reilly to Russell for giving up ~ 5.500 in cap space.

For Melnyk... Adds about 2.000 in actual salary minus the difference between JP and CT. It roughly evens out overall

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fleury wants out?

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

If Fleury really wants to punish Vegas management, he should sabotage their trade prospects by vetoing the ten most likely teams to trade for him.

I would bet that deBoer hates Fleury much more than Fleury hates deBoer.

Why would he? Fleury choked away that game seven as much as anyone. Should love him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad