Confirmed with Link: Marc-Andre Bergeron to Carolina

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
This move is great for the potential Harrison Bergeron pairing alone.

Glad at least a few people acknowledged the Vonnegut reference.

But really, I don't mind the move. Adam Hall didn't really look like an NHL player anymore, the 7th is whatever, and it's a low risk move to help the powerplay.

We've cornered the market on offensive d-men named Marc Andre.

faulkingdynamic

J Troll
Oct 4, 2006
Raleigh NC
Those defensemen didn't cause Ward to allow 4 goals on 17 shots, or whatever it was

Game 82 in '08 was the most disgraceful performance by a goalie I've ever seen

With a serviceable back end group it doesnt come down to game 82. And if you have an issue with the players on the roster........that's on JR for assembling the group that he is forever happy with. He always thinks he needs to add one more guy. This has been a roster in depereate need of some departures that could then be followed by some additions.... not just simply adding to a consistently underperforming group

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Those defensemen didn't cause Ward to allow 4 goals on 17 shots, or whatever it was

Game 82 in '08 was the most disgraceful performance by a goalie I've ever seen

Well, partially their fault. IIRC, the 4th goal was because Cullen was on the point during the PP and completely screwed up, leading to a SH breakaway.

By the transitive property, we can determine that if JR had acquired a defenseman, Cullen wouldn't have been on the point, the goal wouldn't have been scored, and the Canes might have won that game. :sarcasm:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Well, partially their fault. IIRC, the 4th goal was because Cullen was on the point during the PP and completely screwed up, leading to a SH breakaway.

By the transitive property, we can determine that if JR had acquired a defenseman, Cullen wouldn't have been on the point, the goal wouldn't have been scored, and the Canes might have won that game. :sarcasm:

Is it possible it's all a conspiracy to maximize golfing time while still making it appear that they give a ****?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Who else would we scratch? The only guy that makes sense is McBain (guess we really are not trying to trade him :/).

Or roll 7 d men and only play MAB on the PP?

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Who else would we scratch? The only guy that makes sense is McBain (guess we really are not trying to trade him :/).

Or roll 7 d men and only play MAB on the PP?

I'd rather roll 7 D men and scratch useless Westgarth.

My conspiracy theory is that Westgarth is playing only because Cowher is a secret minority owner. It's the only thing that can explain why we keep having him in the lineup.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
:yo:
I've only see from Michael Smith that Ellis will start tonight and Bergeron will play. No word on Bellemore.

https://twitter.com/MSmithCanes/status/319118767797977088

I was just going to post this --- This is all that has been announced. Muller will set lineup after warm ups.

The word I posted came from someone I know close to the situation ---- I really, really really hope they are wrong and I am wrong, but that is not usually the case.

I would much rather see Westgarth sit and dress 7 dmen.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Whether Bellemore is scratched or not is irrelevant.

Who plays his 12 minutes against the other team's bottom six isn't a big deal.

He's played well, but seriously calm down plz
30b48d7deb022d5c68bb2e382c13cdb4.jpg

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
JR didn't lose anything, and picked up a 6th or 7th NHL experienced d-man without taking on a bad contract. This is a low risk, low reward trade that may help the struggling powerplay, and not much else.

Sadly, JR says that's about all he plans on doing!

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
JR didn't lose anything, and picked up a 6th or 7th NHL experienced d-man without taking on a bad contract. This is a low risk, low reward trade that may help the struggling powerplay, and not much else.

Sadly, JR says that's about all he plans on doing!

We like our group

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad