Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Regardless if Kallgren starts, if we can't find a way to win against a last place team starting their backup, we're in bigger trouble than orginally thought..

Reactions: leafsfan5

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think there was a Coachs Corner, I am Coaches Coroner, the play on words being the idea that I did the autopsy on HNIC's Coach's Corner.

Not sure if you/they are looking for me or them...I assume them lol.
You are right. I did not catch the extra "o". Sorry for dragging you into this lol

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
What I do not understand is Dubas. We signed Mete (not sure why) call him up (not sure why) and we wasted our time because some scout thought he was smart because we now call up Krol, who was already in the organization.
Why do we waste our money on the likes of Mete and Dubas's wet dream for Malgin. And where is Marchments 6'4"
It always looks like Dubas is trying to look smarter than other GMs.
We do not have a goalie....we do not have a goalie!!!!!! So let's sign 2 hyphens and leave Robertson in the minors...oh let's manipulate the cap playing Clifford and LTIR game withr 5 guys. For everyone who thinks it was brilliant to be within $4 of the cap...
We cannot even play a goalie 3 games in 7 days... and put a 3rd rate guy in the net but we looked so brilliant. Keep Engval, lose Miky. Hmmmm.
This team is out of control...I hope I am wrong...55 years of faith has been wasted

We signed Mete, because he's a damned good #9 defender. He's played well for us. Did you watch him play? It doesn't seem like it. How many teams have better #9 options?

Have you paid any attention to Malgin's play the last couple of years? Or the Preseason? You cry that we moved Marchment, who hadn't shown much at 24 with us, didn't show much at 25 with Florida, yet you are mad we are giving a 25 year old a chance, who has excelled overseas the last couple of years? Which is it now, you are for giving 25 years olds a chance, or not?

We don't have a goalie? Samsanov 0.932 SV % 2.01 GAA Did you fall asleep again when he's played?

Robertson isn't in the minors now... he's excelling. Were you aware of this?

Miky? Yes, that one assist and -2 and one hit for 4 x $4.75 million. You don't overpay depth like that, and if we had, you'd complain about that too.

Our record is 4-3. It was 2-4-1 last year, the year we had our best record ever. It would be 6-1 if Matthews was shooting his normal 16.2%, instead of 3% as he is this year.

1666880255885.png

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Is former Leaf goalie James Reimer playing tonight against our Leafs?.

He has a 2.55 GAA and .923 SV% with 1 Shutout.

1666880720915.png

Leafs better bring their A game and not think this will be an easy 2 points and not let SJ record fool them.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Who knows what will happen tonite??????????? Mitch and boys golfing in desert i don't know .. hope they had a good bonding game or two .. but it is Leafs who knows .. most pro teams would have worked on their skating but it is da Leafs and they do things different

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
It makes zero sense. Only explanation is some front office algorithms that us lowly fans couldn’t possibly understand.

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to explain to us how this is exactly the perfect move.
I of couurse knew it before the leafs even made the annoincement. They are so worried about the best goalie of us, samsonov, so they will rest him fully. Do not want him injured. We only have one great goalie now, number one, so we will not play him often And I knew it this week. Källgren will also play this weekend cause we are very worried and do not want certain injuries. If we get injuries, we will get them with källgren. We lower the risk of samsonov getting injured -50% of our week, for not playing him period.

View attachment 599438

Leafs better bring their A game and not think this will be an easy 2 points and not let SJ record fool them.
Kaapo Kahkonen is startin for the san jose sharks. Their worse goalie.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

View attachment 599438

Reimer would be a good target to bring on, if Murray ends up being toast for the season. We aren't playing against him tonight it seems.

Reactions: SprDaVE

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Big game not because the sharks are good but because we'll get to see if they care about hockey enough to not be hung over for this game

Reactions: egd27

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Yesterday, as soon as keefe and our gm and management heard kakkonen was playing against us, they announced källgren doing it for us. We would have gone with källgren none the less, but it was easier to announce after the sharks told they are going with their garbage goalie.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I just watched an amazing sequence between Florida and Detroit and the players on Detroit just jumping in front of the puck fearlessly blocking it many times.
Can we honestly say our team would ever do that? We don't really have guys who would do whatever it takes and that's why we will never go all the way.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I just watched an amazing sequence between Florida and Detroit and the players on Detroit just jumping in front of the puck fearlessly blocking it many times.
Can we honestly say our team would ever do that? We don't really have guys who would do whatever it takes and that's why we will never go all the way.

Crazy isn't it...

Leafs Blocked Shots on the year... 104
Wings 95

Sure, Wings have played one less game, but their Blocks/60 are nearly identical.

Find a new thing to complain about, this one came back invalid.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
How many from forwards?

So you've made a claim, and have no idea what the actual stats are?

Both teams forwards have blocked in the thirties. Matthews is our team leader from Forwards, near the top are also Marner, Nylander and Tavares.....

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

What a garbage post. That took literally 1 second of googling to find, people love to blow shit out of proportion. Our team is also more defensively sound than Detroit, guys aren't squirming all over the place sliding and diving to stop shots, we actually possess the puck and control the game that way.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

What a garbage post. That took literally 1 second of googling to find, people love to blow shit out of proportion. Our team is also more defensively sound than Detroit, guys aren't squirming all over the place sliding and diving to stop shots, we actually possess the puck and control the game that way.

People feel empowered to share their shitty hot takes and assume whatever they think is right because the team hasn't had an elite start of the season.

The hardest part of losing all these years isn't even the losses themselves it's dealing with the fans as a result. I just want to go on a run to shut people up at this point

Reactions: rojac and AvroArrow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad