Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Thursday game. So glad our captain Tavares is still going. Being the hero. Clifford might be benched here but Simmonds keep on playing and talking. Bringing us the people together. Making the team whole. Would y'all be playing källgren here already or the weekend only? Giving Sammy samsonov some rest.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Matthews and Marner haven’t been good, both slumping, time to try a shakeup IMO. I’d go:

Robertson - Matthews - Nylander
Bunting - Tavares - Marner
Engvall - Kerfoot - Jarnkrok
ZAR - Kampf - Simmonds
But is källgren already going in for us agains the jose? Or only sunday vs the duckos

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'd run:

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Malgin - Kerfoot - Jarnkrok
Simmonds - Kampf - Engvall.

NAK and ZAR have been useless. Clifford is not an nhler :/. Simmonds has played well enough to remain in the lineup.

Simmonds was bad last game, but most players were. Long term, NAK/ZAR have far more upside for the playoffs (as better defensive players than Simmonds) and we can't give up on them after 5 or 6 games. San Jose is a good opponent for one of them to draw in to see if they can form a shutdown line with Kampf and Engvall.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Let’s see if the jet lag, and the Vegas neon lights excuse hold any merit to why they were horrible vs Knights.

Im expecting a 180. Like what Kyper said… this is a Veteran team now. Gone are the days of young boys learning the ropes - that was 5 years ago.

Let’s go

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
We are no longer in deep analysis mode. Its straight forward from here. Top 6 has a good game (let me just hand pick an educated guess here), we have a 86% chance to win. Otherwise get ready for a wild ride.

It actually won't be wild though. It will be sleep inducing with face palm moments. You know the drill

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don't think much about the lines, but at some point they have to try something else with Matthews and Marner don't they? They are not clicking right now, and some time apart might help. I wouldn't change the second line, so maybe Jarnkrok or even NAK or ZAR to do some digging.

All they need vs the Sharks is an honest effort for 60 minutes. I know it is a lot to ask, but at some point their give-a-f*** level is going to rise... right?

Also, assume Sammy back in net with our backup getting either Sat or Sun in LA/ANA?

Reactions: supermann_98

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Aston Reese - Kampf - Engvall

I’d like to see these lines against San Jose. Hopefully the boys don’t play down to their opponent after last games effort…

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Matthews and Marner haven’t been good, both slumping, time to try a shakeup IMO. I’d go:

Robertson - Matthews - Nylander
Bunting - Tavares - Marner
Engvall - Kerfoot - Jarnkrok
ZAR - Kampf - Simmonds
This plz Keefe. Not sure why he's soo adamant on not changing the top 6 when both lines have struggled to score at even strength. Only thing I would change is move Engvall to the 4th, drop Simmonds and bring back Malgin. The bottom 6 are a tire fire offensively and not doing great defensively as well so might as well add some speed and offense.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
playing a garbage sharks team that played last night.

if Marner and Matthews dont get going this game then when are they ever going to get going

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
No reason to not play Samsonov.

Hopefully we see this lineup:

Engvall - Kampf - NAK

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Thursday game. So glad our captain Tavares is still going. Being the hero. Clifford might be benched here but Simmonds keep on playing and talking. Bringing us the people together. Making the team whole. Would y'all be playing källgren here already or the weekend only? Giving Sammy samsonov some rest.
According to CF Clifford was placed on IR

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I feel like a 3rd line of the following could be strong and worth trying:
Engvall - Kampf - Jarnkrok

Our best defensive centre, a good transition guy, and a well rounded grinder with a bit of offense.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I feel like a 3rd line of the following could be strong and worth trying:
Engvall - Kampf - Jarnkrok

Our best defensive centre, a good transition guy, and a well rounded grinder with a bit of offense.

Depends if/when the "real" Engvall shows up. His ankle injury has not been kind to him so far. He's not using his usual speed and high transition game to his advantage.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Simmonds was bad last game, but most players were. Long term, NAK/ZAR have far more upside for the playoffs (as better defensive players than Simmonds) and we can't give up on them after 5 or 6 games. San Jose is a good opponent for one of them to draw in to see if they can form a shutdown line with Kampf and Engvall.

We need to start deploying them properly. They should be on an anergy 4th line rather than a shut down line. Put them with Kerfoot and let them all fly around the ice.

Reactions: The Podium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad