Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Let's be honest. Core 4 fan boys who think Dubas is a scrub want a 10-0 loss. Sorry, not sorry.

They'll make back the points easy, playoffs not a concern.

Get the rookies out of here, trade their prospects for skill since these guys only bring us 5th liners now, and let's win this thing -- thing being the cup.

Matthew's and marner are in on the plan. Nylander and JT need to suck a little more

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
should be an easy win.

It won't, but it should be.
With a guy who has like a .880 career save % in net?

This will be a gutsy win if we can get it done with a starting ECHL goalie in net.

Hutch >= Woll >> Kallgren

I don't even know if Hutch is in this organization anymore

Unlucky woll is injured. Would feel better with him. He's a starting caliber AHL goalie who had 4 solid games last year

should be an easy win.

This will be a gutsy win if we can get it done with a starting ECHL goalie in net.

Unlucky woll is injured. Would feel better with him. He's a starting caliber AHL goalie who had 4 solid games last year

should be an easy win.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGroceryStick

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I agree 100%. Can you imagine if Kallgren lets in a couple of stinkers and we somehow lose this game? I wouldn't be taking any chances with this game given that it is a very winnable game with our starter in nets. Without, you're taking a massive gamble. Kallgren's barely an AHL goalie.

When Dubas signed the high risk and often injured Matt Murray, then when he was out, then Kallgren would be his replacement paired with Samsonov.

San Jose has won only 2 of 9 games played and among the worst teams in the NHL, so if you can't play your backup goalie in this game when can you?

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
When Dubas signed the high risk and often injured Matt Murray, then when he was out, then Kallgren would be his replacement paired with Samsonov.

San Jose has won only 2 of 9 games played and among the worst teams in the NHL, so if you can't play your backup goalie in this game when can you?
We have a back to back after this.

Samsonovs vezina quest getting disturbed so backup can play 2/3 sums up how this team is ran if it ends up true (or something equally stupid like kallgren Samsonov samsonov when already down your first starter.).

Better see the no.1 in net tomorrow.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Samsonovs vezina quest getting disturbed so backup can play 2/3 sums up how this team is ran if it ends up true (or something equally stupid like kallgren Samsonov samsonov when already down your first starter.).

The Leafs management is on pins and needles while Murray is out.

Should something happen to Sammy who during this same time by overuse against weak opposition gets injured what happens then?

We all knew the decisions the Leafs management made this off season was going to be high risk and this is simply that playing out. IMO

Kallgrem is getting the starts that were originally earmaked for Matt Murray.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

In one of the B2B games on the weekend.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Bunting off the top line is interesting, he's really not the main issue. Would have like to see Marner and Jarnkrok switch. See if Both Matty and Marner can try and take over a line instead of slumping together. Not like the 1st and 3rd lines can get any worse.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
In one of the B2B games on the weekend.
Here are the bottom teams in the NHL standings.

1666837253168.png

One will notice 2 of the California teams are down here.

Which would make the goalie rotation seem Kallgren tomorrow, Sammy vs LA and then Kallgren vs Anaheim.

This appears to be the coaches and managements plan to play Kallgren in 2 of the 3 games so he gets to face the weakest QofC available.

I suppose their hopping Sammy gets his win and 2 points and then Kallgren gets at least a split.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Anyone seen Coaches Corner lately? I kinda miss his silly posts to take the negative attention away from this lazy, unorganized team
Think they changed their name to nhlpowerweek or something like that.

Reactions: Stigma

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Um, in one of the back to back games like a backup is traditionally used? We're talking about a team gifted with the easiest schedule to start the season that I can recall and they haven't capitalized on it. This game is more meaningful than it should be now and they should be icing their best lineup to secure these points because these are the salad days of the season and the competition gets harder soon.

Starting their backup tonight after 3 days off with the above in mind is absurd and makes me really question Keefe's judgement.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Um, in one of the back to back games like a backup is traditionally used? We're talking about a team gifted with the easiest schedule to start the season that I can recall and they haven't capitalized on it. This game is more meaningful than it should be now and they should be icing their best lineup to secure these points because these are the salad days of the season and the competition gets harder soon.

Starting their backup tonight after 3 days off with the above in mind is absurd and makes me really question Keefe's judgement.
It makes zero sense. Only explanation is some front office algorithms that us lowly fans couldn’t possibly understand.

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to explain to us how this is exactly the perfect move.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It makes zero sense. Only explanation is some front office algorithms that us lowly fans couldn’t possibly understand.
I’m sure someone will be along shortly to explain to us how this is exactly the perfect move.
Or maybe the other guy is healing a bruise or something….

Reactions: CDN24 and Altair

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Not sure why Kallgren is getting the start considering this team hasn’t played since Monday… Not to mention having a back to back this weekend, Kallgren will obviously get in one of those games.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Not sure why Kallgren is getting the start considering this team hasn’t played since Monday… Not to mention having a back to back this weekend, Kallgren will obviously get in one of those games.

My guess is that the Murray injury is going to be more serious than we first thought, and the management group wants to get a better feel for what they have in him.

He had a good run last year but there was definitely some uncertainty down the stretch after a few weaker games.

Reactions: Clyde Brewer

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
What I do not understand is Dubas. We signed Mete (not sure why) call him up (not sure why) and we wasted our time because some scout thought he was smart because we now call up Krol, who was already in the organization.
Why do we waste our money on the likes of Mete and Dubas's wet dream for Malgin. And where is Marchments 6'4"
It always looks like Dubas is trying to look smarter than other GMs.
We do not have a goalie....we do not have a goalie!!!!!! So let's sign 2 hyphens and leave Robertson in the minors...oh let's manipulate the cap playing Clifford and LTIR game withr 5 guys. For everyone who thinks it was brilliant to be within $4 of the cap...
We cannot even play a goalie 3 games in 7 days... and put a 3rd rate guy in the net but we looked so brilliant. Keep Engval, lose Miky. Hmmmm.
This team is out of control...I hope I am wrong...55 years of faith has been wasted

Reactions: Gilmour1996

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
What I do not understand is Dubas. We signed Mete (not sure why) call him up (not sure why) and we wasted our time because some scout thought he was smart because we now call up Krol, who was already in the organization.
Why do we waste our money on the likes of Mete and Dubas's wet dream for Malgin. And where is Marchments 6'4"
It always looks like Dubas is trying to look smarter than other GMs.
We do not have a goalie....we do not have a goalie!!!!!! So let's sign 2 hyphens and leave Robertson in the minors...oh let's manipulate the cap playing Clifford and LTIR game withr 5 guys. For everyone who thinks it was brilliant to be within $4 of the cap...
We cannot even play a goalie 3 games in 7 days... and put a 3rd rate guy in the net but we looked so brilliant. Keep Engval, lose Miky. Hmmmm.
This team is out of control...I hope I am wrong...55 years of faith has been wasted
Everyone talks about marchment like he was a top end prospect. He was a 25 year old career minor league guy that looked like a fringe NHL player at best. His meteoric rise last season was a complete anomaly that I don't think any of the experts saw coming

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Just get some Ws coming up here. Another late one so maybe catch the 1st. Hopefully Kallgren can hang in there. Leafs are going to need to break out with some goals tonight.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Timo Meir has no goals this season
Tomas Hertl only has one

Keefe just wants to make sure they get back on track

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad