Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
i remember that sequence and, at the time, thought they were well on their way.

Anyway, at what point do you think they concluded that the sacrafice isn’t worth it? Probably shortly after they signed those contracts. Oftentimes, once they’re accustomed to have money their priorities may change. We’ll see.
I am still baffled they lost that year.

Clyde Brewer

Oct 15, 2021
That's a bit of a tbd situation. If you are correct, and Murray goes to Robidas Island, Reimer would be a pretty good choice for a platoon. He's been decent, is cheap, and a UFA at the end of the year. Sharks aren't going to compete, so it shouldn't matter too much for them.

Not a bad choice in Reimer at all.

I'm not saying Murray is done, but the Leafs need to at least entertain that possibility and be ready.

Banking on Kallgren would be foolish at this point.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Cap money tied up in Malgin? You don't know how the cap works do you?
You are mad about us giving up on Marchment, who had one assist in four games with the Leafs, and yet you've given up on Malgin, after one goal in four games this year. Are you for giving players opportunity or not? Which is it?

Malgin gets another opportunity tonight. Let's hope he shows well... we should all hope for success in any player that's in the lineup. By the way, I thought trading Marchment was a mistake when the trade happened, and still think that. I'm just not obsessed with it, and need to bring it up in every post years later. Win some, lose some... that's normal.

Roberston isn't pushed out... he's playing, like he has the last few games. He sat for a couple of games... the realities of the team, aren't impacted by your inabilities to understand them.

Every goalie in the league, was a minor league goalie at some point. Giving them opportunities, reveals whether they can take the next step. Sometimes it takes patience. Many don't work out, and that's ok. Maybe Kallgren doesn't, and I'm not that worried about it. We are playing San Jose's backup, who has actually been worse than Kallgren. It's not a concern, and we can't play our current #1 every game. San Jose isn't a very good team so far... it's a good game to put him in, and try and grow him as a player.

55 years you've been a fan, and somehow you lack perspective, that not every game is a referendum, and that results after 7 or 8 games don't mean much. We are on a journey to build the best team for the playoffs, and that involves some experimentation, with a bunch of players.

You complain about 4th liners, moving in and out of the lineup, experimenting to see which player ends up working. You seen to have the mistaken belief that Clifford has replaced players in the lineup. He was thrown in for a couple of games, he's not a permanent fixture. Anyone with any understanding of how this works, gets that. Why are you this worked up about 4th liners? It's a situation that will sort itself out. If these guys don't work, they get waived, claimed by someone, or they play on the Marlies and their cap disappears... they get replaced by guys like Gaudette, Anderson, Steeves, Holmberg, who you probably aren't aware of, but are playing tremendously for the Marlies. See that's the thing... we aren't locked into the Hyphen bros., they are simply options we have amongst what... eight players who could play two spots? It's competition. If they don't work.. next, and who cares... They are called replacement level players for reasons, that seem to allude you.

Tonight's projected lineup. I hope you enjoy the game.

View attachment 599507
I lack a perspective.
Time to end a debate with Dubas brother.
Go kiss his butt.
We have after 7 games given up on our plan, played 3 players we offered other teams and they all said no, taken players out of the line up for non performance that we boldly claimed would make us better, had players openly speak against a coach, place players on LTIR that my 3 yr old neighbour could have predicted,and gave Malgin a spot on 2nd line that he flopped on.
Oh, and have our 2 best players, 3 if you think of Reilly, playing terrible hockey (29m)
Harold Ballard couldn't do worse.
It is not that I don't hope, it is being practical after 7 games. We failed the off season.

Reactions: Leaffan1991

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I lack a perspective.
Time to end a debate with Dubas brother.
Go kiss his butt.
We have after 7 games given up on our plan, played 3 players we offered other teams and they all said no, taken players out of the line up for non performance that we boldly claimed would make us better, had players openly speak against a coach, place players on LTIR that my 3 yr old neighbour could have predicted,and gave Malgin a spot on 2nd line that he flopped on.
Oh, and have our 2 best players, 3 if you think of Reilly, playing terrible hockey (29m)
Harold Ballard couldn't do worse.
It is not that I don't hope, it is being practical after 7 games. We failed the off season.

Failed the off season after 7 games. You read it here first folks. The season is over. Go home.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada

What a garbage post. That took literally 1 second of googling to find, people love to blow shit out of proportion. Our team is also more defensively sound than Detroit, guys aren't squirming all over the place sliding and diving to stop shots, we actually possess the puck and control the game that way.

Lol keep making excuses for this soft team

Failed the off season after 7 games. You read it here first folks. The season is over. Go home.
Clearly you've only started watching the leafs when they were decent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad