Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs versus Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Game management.
It’s effected our team the most negatively so it’s being allowed to go on because why i wonder. Keefe loss it for a good reason, burns hated reffing as Leaf coach,Quinn couldn’t stand them. This goes back a long time. Maple Leaf Gardens fans used to lose it on refs. They had to run off the ice there when they wound everyone up

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
No. Fred apologists will be quick to point out a weak goal Jack let’s in, even though he’s been stellar so far and an occasional weak one will happen. We’ve turned on Fred because he’s been garbage for a while.
Lol the most annoying time on these boards was the Reimer vs. Bernier debate.

(I was on the right side though)

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
He is too, cool. to do that. Could he? He was so fit at times People were concerned. He was that cranked So packed.
He also played patrol for us. like no one has done since or before
Sure we had Horton. who was really good but Horton was a tiny mountain of a man.
The king, borje, was a big man, who was also built like a mountain. \
He still works out a ton. When we tested him way back then, we all stepped back and said, wait, wait, wait a minute.
Something has to be off.
Nothing was off, this guy, was built like a freak, hence his nickname amongst teammates, as the KING
He is one of my best friends now He was a long time ago, still is. Kind of guy, you want to be OUR man on d.
Unfortunately, he is not now.
But to LOOK at him His fitness now? Justin Holl, move right the fff over.
I am pleased and gratified to bring some of our greats back to be re celebrated. re "branded"
And its my new career to take greats and re brand them with top top notch stuff
Notice I have not said anything yet
Keon, Mahovlich. Joseph, Gilmourk, my nest targets. And I will get them
Borje played in an era where they took liberties with their sticks, elbows, skates, etc. The man was tough as nails. Talk about going to the dirty areas where you knew you'd be hacked, cross-checked, mauled, but he'd get right back up and even dish it out. He was a true pioneer for Swedish players and therefore to me, was the greatest Swede to play in the NHL. Without a doubt, my favourite player as a Leaf. Now, Inge was a different character, lol.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
No. Fred apologists will be quick to point out a weak goal Jack let’s in, even though he’s been stellar so far and an occasional weak one will happen. We’ve turned on Fred because he’s been garbage for a while.
i've leaned on this board every goal we let in is weak so as long as he keeps putting up donuts he'll be fine

Reactions: egd27

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Lol the most annoying time on these boards was the Reimer vs. Bernier debate.

(I was on the right side though)
There was some pretty terrible Kadri ones throughout the years.

Honestly, I don't even know which side of the Reimer/Bernier debate was the right one at this point

Reactions: saffronleaf

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
Bring Back Bernier
I liked both a lot. Riemer was the harder working goalie and I though bernier just had more skill but was weak mentally. any of them here right not as our 1b would actually not be that bad. .918 and .909 is better than our sub .900 starter. One of them with Campbell playing as well as he is would be nice. OR just have Andersen play to the 2017 mid-season level would be pretty cool

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Apologist is a odd term.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Any thoughts on who Dubas might be scouting? I can’t see a single player on either roster (who is available) that would fit a need. I guess Gaudreau might be available and obviously would be great to have but the cost would have to be too much.​

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Haha Sens took another victim that took them lightly. Play our defensive first game and counter these guys all night tomorrow and we could possibly put a good beating on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad