Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs versus Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I won’t be able to stomach another run & gun game with these guys. A nice safe counterpunch game works for me with these guys. Leafs need to stop getting sucked in to the wide open game. Play our game. don’t have the defense pinching much and hem these guys up in the neutral zone all night.
I mean pinches can also a lot of the time be aggressive gap control & defense (e.x. pinching or jumping up in the neutral or offensive zone to interupt/intercept a pass, puck, stick or body contact/hit). Or sort of with a guy like Kreider where you want to slow him down & stop him early before he gets up to speed; McDavid too although you really have to be cautious about him, he's so deceptive & slippery.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Any thoughts on who Dubas might be scouting? I can’t see a single player on either roster (who is available) that would fit a need. I guess Gaudreau might be available and obviously would be great to have but the cost would have to be too much.​
I'd think we would want toughness for the playoffs. I don't follow Calgary is Gaudreau a big hitter?

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Any thoughts on who Dubas might be scouting? I can’t see a single player on either roster (who is available) that would fit a need. I guess Gaudreau might be available and obviously would be great to have but the cost would have to be too much.​
It was recently mentioned on here that maybe Bradon Cosburn would be a good fit as a "depth D". Basically, a number 7 to be placed ahead of Marincin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad