Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs versus Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
No excuses to lose this game, 0.

Absolutely agree. Fresh team coming in off a win versus a lower quality squad on the 2nd of a back to back.

At this point, I don't even care who carries the team to the win, as long as someone stands up and drags these guys (it shouldn't have to be the goaltender though)!

Also excited to see how Campbell fares now that he has a little more pressure on him (as the defacto #1 for the moment).

This is the last game before a 4 games in 7 night stretch vs EDM and WPG. Would be a plus to head into that on a two game streak on the positive site.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Roll 4 lines. Skate them into the ground. No mercy in the third. Score early score often.

I wish I had that sort of confidence with these Leafs these days, yeah we finally won one and that is only cause of Campbell getting a shutout, otherwise our stars still aren't scoring like they used to. Have the other teams all figured our stars out? We've scored only 20 goals in the last 8 games.

BTW, whenever something seems too obvious, our boys find a way to lose. Heck, the Leafs record is a measly 3-2-1 against the Sens this season. That first game against the tired Flames should have been a win (Leafs were well-rested) but they found a way to lose, you can blame Andersen but our boys used to be able to outscore Andersens goofs but that's all gone for now. So never get too cocky on the obvious when it comes to the Leafs (giving up a 5-1 lead to the lowly Sens).

Reactions: Eric bungay

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
After a bad streak, Campbell finally comes in and gets the shut-out, everyone's feeling the optimism against the Ottawa Senators.

This can only mean one thing... <Insert gif of hockey gods holding out your still beating heart in front of you>

Reactions: NinjaKick and zeke

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Every single talk radio "expert is saying campbell will start Thursday.

I'm just waiting for Keefe to come out with his mind games and start Freddy again :laugh:

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Honestly I'll take a W in any form. We've got three more games against Ottawa and none of them are on the second half of a back to back again. No more dropped points, we've got three more games against them out of 10. 7-3 on the season would be embarrassing enough, finishing the season series at 6-4 or 5-5 (or God Forbid worse) would be inexcusable.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I wish I had that sort of confidence with these Leafs these days, yeah we finally won one and that is only cause of Campbell getting a shutout, otherwise our stars still aren't scoring like they used to. Have the other teams all figured our stars out? We've scored only 20 goals in the last 8 games.

BTW, whenever something seems too obvious, our boys find a way to lose. Heck, the Leafs record is a measly 3-2-1 against the Sens this season. That first game against the tired Flames should have been a win (Leafs were well-rested) but they found a way to lose, you can blame Andersen but our boys used to be able to outscore Andersens goofs but that's all gone for now. So never get too cocky on the obvious when it comes to the Leafs (giving up a 5-1 lead to the lowly Sens).

Ya, you're not wrong. My post wasn't a prediction so much as it was a request.

I think we'll see a different team with competent goaltending vs. a tired Sens team while we are rested. Feel free to bump this if I'm wrong. I'll be pretty mad and defeated that it won't make that much more difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad