Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs versus Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I won’t be able to stomach another run & gun game with these guys. A nice safe counterpunch game works for me with these guys. Leafs need to stop getting sucked in to the wide open game. Play our game. don’t have the defense pinching much and hem these guys up in the neutral zone all night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric bungay

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

This sure is a blender.

I recognize the bottom two lines from (the start of) Saturday. Should the Kerfoot line be listed ahead of the Engvall line though? (primarily because of Hyman)

I'll concede that it likely doesn't matter anyway since line combos and ice time typically won't align perfectly.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
[QUOTE="Advanced stats, post: 176745877, member: 103932"

I'm just waiting for Keefe to come out with his mind games and start Freddy again :laugh:[/QUOTE]
upload_2021-3-23_10-2-26.jpeg

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Sens may not have any stars per se. But they are plucky, and NHLers. Not to be taken lightly. Would be nice to see Galchy, put up one or two against them.

I see some skills in this guy. Hope he sticks and sticks out the middle digit at all the teams that didn't develop him.
Chabot is a pretty elite dman and Tkachuk is a beauty along with that German kid

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

This sure is a blender.

Simmonds-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Engvall-Hyman
Thornton-Kerfoot-Spezza

Good idea to give Marner two shooters to pass to but puzzling that Keefe hasn't given Nylander that same opportunity.

Nylander-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Simmonds
Mikheyev-Engvall-Kerfoot
Thornton-Spezza-Galchenyuk

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Sens may not have any stars per se. But they are plucky, and NHLers. Not to be taken lightly. Would be nice to see Galchy, put up one or two against them.

I see some skills in this guy. Hope he sticks and sticks out the middle digit at all the teams that didn't develop him.
Hate to say it, they're a few key players away from taking that next step. #1 Center, #2/#3 D, Goaltender

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Did anyone here, analyze that Spezza last goal? Analyze that closely my friends. He quieted down a puck, that was like a person shrieking at you. Maybe the worst puck flip to receive, I have seen in eons
Jason wanted to quiet it down first with his hand. Anyone see that?

Decided against it, and calmed it down with his stick and then hit an almost impossible shot.
THAT, is what it takes most days to register a goal in the NHL
And, that is why most of us never had a sniff. And he did it, in a nano. Anyone see that?

Seriously, watch that replay, him wanting to make it originally a glove play down, woof.
And Dubas got him for minimum?

Real cool Watch that clip. Watch him originally want to calm it down with his glove. Who does that Cept a quasi hall guy. Kinda proud, I liked this guy, even when he played for the horrid.

To Me? That goal, painted, the rest of our season.

Having a mad freak like this on our bench, that can do that? And having a goalie that can stop a puck or many of them?

Go fish.

When did we last win a CUP? When we had superstar old farts. Tons of them Like guys well over the past due.

Spezza? ha? Who, on the Leafs or the league, could make that play?

Maybe, maybe, Matthews.

You don't think that guy goes back to the bench? And the team goes, holy freaking god almighty.

Sure they do .

I have seen this guy do this time and time again.

I know we are practised, myself included, to dislike this mans talents. But wow. To see the on display here and now?

The guy. Has so much rest now. He is playing like he is 32. Ha, guess what kind of numbers that can produce?

The guy is a secret, top three. Congrats Dubas for this one.

Last edited:

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Simmonds-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Engvall-Hyman
Thornton-Kerfoot-Spezza

Good idea to give Marner two shooters to pass to but puzzling that Keefe hasn't given Nylander that same opportunity.

Nylander-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Simmonds
Mikheyev-Engvall-Kerfoot
Thornton-Spezza-Galchenyuk

That second line is awful. Good thing keefe’s doing the line making

Reactions: Big Cactus

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Last Cup winner we had in 67, and I will leave this to the geeks and the zeke's.
Lots of them.
But those oldsters, obviously had some gas left. They were still all star talents.
They snuffed out, a great couple of teams.
Thornton, Simmonds, and.... : Now, you didnt hear it here first.\
Signed just before the TDL, the greatest Swedish DMAN in NHL history?

Lets see.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
My two. Beat the Sens. Killed yashin's career.
Shayne this and,Shayne that. He squashed Yashin. He is all modest. barely will speak about it, but anyone who watched that series, KNOWS, who won it.

Poor Alexei, a great, great player had never met anyone like Shayne before He met Khabib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->