Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Blue Jackets, October 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't know why, but I feel you should play your #1 against divisional rivals, no? Actually I do know why. Because those points are crucial to getting into the playoffs and to getting home ice in the playoffs.

especially given the way the standings work now; divisional games are of paramount importance; if you win in regulation not only do you get 2 points but deny your divisional rival of any points and that is one game off the boards of the total 82 game schedule.

league should mandate that when divisional rivals play each other those games should not be back to back and if they have to be then both teams should be on back to back.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Allow me to post my first regular season rant. It effing sucks that Leafs have a back to back with a 2nd game against divisional rival in a 4 point game. Absolutely STUPID whoever made the schedule

Happens again later as well, next game against the habs is the same situation and one of the next bruins game same thing.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
It's literally just the 3rd game, not midseason. We should still be pretty damn fresh at this point despite a back to back I would hope

That is not the point I am trying to make, this has been going on for more then the last couple of seasons 'leafs coming off back to back games facing the habs or other division rivals' it is simply not fair.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Totally fine with this kind of rotation on the bottom end of the lineup, IMO it's how things should be done early in the year.
I'm a fan of using your whole roster consistently. Rotate guys in so they actually play hockey once and a while.

Can't expect fringe guys like Holl and Marincin to sit 20+games and then come in and suddenly be able to play well.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Honestly, think criticizing the coach who's on the 4th line or 6th defenseman should be pretty much a mute point.
If I'm Dubas, would just want to know if I'm losing a potential asset or not. Otherwise, it's a non-issue.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
All the teams in the Atlantic division have back to back against each other built into the schedule.

This isn’t just a leaf thing. Stop with the excuses

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Never really understood Babcock's goalie decisions. He always goes with Andersen on the front end of a back to back which I don't get. If you're playing a weaker team on the front end wouldn't you want to save your #1 guy for the second game? Not sure what the difference is between Columbus and the Habs as far as superiority but I would save Andersen for the Habs.
Its early so maybe Andy plays both? Its not like he needs the rest at this point.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Should be a good game, lots to improve on, but also lots to continue rolling with that was good last game. It will be nice to see some rotation in the bottom six, I think it's a good trend to establish. It keeps players on their toes, but also keeps everybody fresh...we don't need any more 30 game stints of Leivo/Holl type players in the press box, so that when they step in they have no chance of looking like anything but shit. It's not like Shore, Timashov, & Marincin played bad, and they know that, but if they want to not get rotated out, they need to prove they are better than Gauthier, Sandin, etc...for next time.

Columbus took a big step down from last season, but is still a sneaky good team, and won't go down easy. Their defense is still solid with Jones, Werenksi, Murray, & Savard in the top 4, and despite losing Panarin, they've got some solid, if unspectacular, forwards in Dubois & Atkinson...but the depth is hurting, and goaltending is a huge hole for this squad. It should be a win, setting the tone early in the season. We can't be losing games like this, like we did last year to Ottawa, if we want to win the division, or at least get home ice in the first round.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Have our Ti-Cats home game tomorrow (Oskee Wee Wee), but will be PVR'ing the Leafs game.

This year there is so much excitement I don't even care if I hear the score...I just want to watch the game. Entertainment value is high right now!

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Like when it's road games.

Our ice is so crap. Nylander's quick back hand shoots off the ice instead of sliding nicely under the pad. Barrie's pass to Mikheyev starts rolling instead of staying on the ice, hence why he didn't get all of it.

Our road record last season supports road games are better for us lol

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tomorrow should be a W. That looks like an underwhelming roster...they have little to no firepower with Panarin gone.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Fine, stop making as many ridiculous mistakes. They should definitely be capable of doing that. Otherwise we are not making the playoffs. Pretty much any team besides Ottawa would have capitalized on those mistakes and won that game.

Great take...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce