Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Blue Jackets, October 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Spezza, Petan and Holl draw in tomorrow for Shore, Timashov and Marincin. Disappointed to see Timashov come out, he played well and got a point, but I guess Babcock wants to give Petan a chance.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Wonder how much involvement Dubas has in this?

A coach generally after a win doesn't like to change a winning line-up.

Perhaps this is only a 1 week thing so everyone gets into the new season and then after this game we will see a guy like Holl sit out regularly.

Reactions: Rogue

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Anyone making the trip down?
Great place to catch a game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rotation is good.

Makes no sense for guys to sit weeks at a time in the press box.

If Petan falters, he could be sent down and Agostino or Koshkov or someone can be brought up to get a shot in the rotation as well.

Same with Holl. If he falters, maybe Timoth is brought back up, or Gravel who did well.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I don't get the point of swapping out Timashov unless Babcock is legit running auditions?

Leafs are still a young team that will have spots filled with guys still developing. Let the growing pains occur.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Babs has always been pretty good about giving different guys looks early in the season. Holl for Marincin is kind of a wash - Holl is faster and a more powerful skater while Marincin has better gap control and a more active stick. Both are #6D. Spezza is likely the missing piece on PP2 but I do think that Friday's 4th line will be worse than last night's 4th line. Petan won't have any trade value if he sits in the press box all season, so this gives him a chance to earn his next roster spot.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Babs will give everyone a shot to prove themselves. It for sure will get to the point where if you are worse than the guy that is on the ice, you're sitting.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Now would seem to be about the best time to rotate. Tougher decision to rotate Timashov out for me because of his brief amount of NHL experience and the waivers issue, but I don't mind Petan getting the call either. Perhaps the back-to-back situation is a consideration too. Hopefully the incoming players show well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hoping we start on time and look a little less sloppy throughout the game. Should be a good opportunity to start the year with 2 wins!

Reactions: Vaive50

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Babs will give everyone a shot to prove themselves. It for sure will get to the point where if you are worse than the guy that is on the ice, you're sitting.

Well that would be a big change for him. There have been a few guys who should have been sitting in place of better players, but they were gud pros so they stayed in

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I hope he is, because there's no way sandin can handle a 90+ game season at 19.
I don’t think he plans on pulling Sandin at this point, his play will determine. He might need a break here or there to reset. That said, are people really going to get upset if a 19 year old does? Of course they are ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad