Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Blue Jackets, October 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Barkov just had a 96 point season and the best pace auston has ever had is 88 over 82 games.

I can see auston ending up better offensively than barkov but I doubt he'll ever be as good defensively.

It would be cool to see a leaf win the selke though.

You seriously think Barkov was playing Selke defense last year putting up 96 points? Come on now. He wasn't anything near Selke last year, he was cheating the entire year and playing run and gun. This is an example of small market players getting over rated based on reputation.

Their best plays make the highlights but their bad games and worse games get swept under the rug. Unlike in Toronto, where every mistake is all over twitter.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
I wanna see Mikey play with Papi and Willy.

They haven't had that combo of size and speed (with skill to boot) ride shotgun with them before. Papi and Mikey are big fast dudes who can control space and while Willy isn't as big nor is he a physical player he's still really solid on his skates.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Hoping Sandin gets 15+ minutes tonight to show his stuff.
babs.gif

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You seriously think Barkov was playing Selke defense last year putting up 96 points? Come on now. He wasn't anything near Selke last year, he was cheating the entire year and playing run and gun. This is an example of small market players getting over rated based on reputation.

Their best plays make the highlights but their bad games and worse games get swept under the rug. Unlike in Toronto, where every mistake is all over twitter.

Not being under the microscope definitely helps hide issues, that being said Barkov was amazing last year, both offensively and defensively. Donn't even know how you can go against that based off of small market bias or what ever.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Columbus's Lineup for tonight

Texier - Dubois - Atinson
Foligno - Jenner - Anderson
Nyquist - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Lilja - Nash - Bemstrom

Murray - Jones
Werenski - Savard
Harrington - Nuutivaara

Korpisalo
Merzilkins

Scratches: Kukan, Gavrikov, Lilja,
Injuries: Dubinsky
-------
Our Lineup
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Moore
Petan - Gauthier - Spezza

Reilly - Ceci
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - Holl

Andersen
Hutchinson

Scratches: Marincin, Shore, Timashov
Injuries: Dermott, Hyman

Lets win this one boys. Keep it rolling.

Their lineup is better than it looks on paper. They're a bubble team, in my opinion. They have balanced scoring, though no superstars. They have a great defence, and Korpisalo is as good as other starters.

Wennberg stands out, to me, as a weak point. He has no scoring ability, and refuses to shoot the puck. 2 goals all of last season. Brutal! That can be exploited by taking away the pass, making him useless.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What? You mean like take some initiative to actually create a GDT?

Nah, I'd rather just comment on how no one else did.
lol....it's not hard, just click the new thread button.

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad