Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Yeah! Suess has some serious wheels and doesn't seem to slow down when the puck is on his stick. Maurice couldn't say enough about him in training camp. Jets look like the found another one!

he's got sweet hands that's for sure.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Appleton with 2+2 today, up to 7 points in his 6th game.

KVes with another couple of assists, so 3a in his two weekend games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Game report. The Moose played a real nice game where all lines were going well.

Comrie: Played a solid game and made all the saves he needed to.

Poolman played a real solid defensive game, he managed his gaps really well and was in good position all night. He isn't that far off playing on the bottom pairing for us. I think he will be an upgrade on Myers in his own end. He is back to moving the puck well as well.

Niku played a very solid game. Skates and moves the puck really well and he was pretty solid in his own end. He was also taking a beating physically all night and kept pushing back.

Stanley: Played a solid game. He moves the puck well out of his end and was generally in solid position with good gaps. He used his body and threw some hits when the opportunity presented himself. He needs to keep working on his foot speed as he was walked once and at times has trouble keeping up.

Nogier: Solid defensively but not much offense, a typical game for him.

Vesa: He was terrific on the PP. He really gets into good position and keeps the play moving crisply. He made two sweet feeds on the PP goals, one to Suess for a tap in and then set Appelton up in the slot. He has better vision and passing then I had thought. He wasn't as noticeable in the offensive zone at ES but still flashed some solid puck protection skills. He was generally good in his own end outside a few bad turnovers. His ES assist came off a good defensive play where he was able to get the puck out to Stoykowich. I think the biggest thing for him is getting used to is positioning on the small ice, you can tell he is thinking about it a bit as he plays conservatively at times and hesitates. Once he gets that down his play at ES will really pick up imo.

Suess: He scored on a tap in but other then that he didn't look as good as in the other few games I have seen. He still displayed good speed and work rate. He also has some nice hands and passing.

Harkins: By far the most improved player on the team. He is night and day better in all facets then he was last year. He is back playing center and looks really comfortable. He is winning draws, playing smart positional hockey and with a lot of tenacity both ways. His skating is noticeably better and he is winning races and puck battles. He is also showing good vision and play-making and transitions the puck really well through the nz. I was quite impressed, he keeps this up and he is back on track to be a potential bottom 6 player.

Appelton: Excellent game from him. He was using his speed all night and really got into good spots for his goals. Him and Harkins look really good together. Appelton is almost ready imo.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Game report. The Moose played a real nice game where all lines were going well.

Comrie: Played a solid game and made all the saves he needed to.

Poolman played a real solid defensive game, he managed his gaps really well and was in good position all night. He isn't that far off playing on the bottom pairing for us. I think he will be an upgrade on Myers in his own end. He is back to moving the puck well as well.

Niku played a very solid game. Skates and moves the puck really well and he was pretty solid in his own end. He was also taking a beating physically all night and kept pushing back.

Stanley: Played a solid game. He moves the puck well out of his end and was generally in solid position with good gaps. He used his body and threw some hits when the opportunity presented himself. He needs to keep working on his foot speed as he was walked once and at times has trouble keeping up.

Nogier: Solid defensively but not much offense, a typical game for him.

Vesa: He was terrific on the PP. He really gets into good position and keeps the play moving crisply. He made two sweet feeds on the PP goals, one to Suess for a tap in and then set Appelton up in the slot. He has better vision and passing then I had thought. He wasn't as noticeable in the offensive zone at ES but still flashed some solid puck protection skills. He was generally good in his own end outside a few bad turnovers. His ES assist came off a good defensive play where he was able to get the puck out to Stoykowich. I think the biggest thing for him is getting used to is positioning on the small ice, you can tell he is thinking about it a bit as he plays conservatively at times and hesitates. Once he gets that down his play at ES will really pick up imo.

Suess: He scored on a tap in but other then that he didn't look as good as in the other few games I have seen. He still displayed good speed and work rate. He also has some nice hands and passing.

Harkins: By far the most improved player on the team. He is night and day better in all facets then he was last year. He is back playing center and looks really comfortable. He is winning draws, playing smart positional hockey and with a lot of tenacity both ways. His skating is noticeably better and he is winning races and puck battles. He is also showing good vision and play-making and transitions the puck really well through the nz. I was quite impressed, he keeps this up and he is back on track to be a potential bottom 6 player.

Appelton: Excellent game from him. He was using his speed all night and really got into good spots for his goals. Him and Harkins look really good together. Appelton is almost ready imo.

I notice Harkins is back in the middle. Was Spacek scratched?

Glad Vesalainen is in the A. Gets to play, and contribute, and get better. There's still a spot for him to travel to Finland.

Glad to hear about Suess. He might fast track himself into a 4th line centre.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Glad Vesalainen is in the A. Gets to play, and contribute, and get better. There's still a spot for him to travel to Finland.

I have no idea what is up with Spacek. Harkins looks more comfortable in the middle from what I see.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Spacek is hurt, I believe the Moose PBP guy said so during the Friday game.

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Poirier looking like a real nice signing as a tryout for a former 1st rd pick, always liked him, now moose have a solid team i hope Ves stays down all year unless there are injurys. Go Moose Go!!

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad