Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Since when do we need citations around here? After all, we've already established that Lemieux is a jerk, and so is Roslovic, and we didn't need citations for those memes... :laugh:

Except I was the citation for both of those... and my sources are well established, but that’s not quite what I said for either player. ;)

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
According to...?

I can verify. Got a DM from a local media person to me for whatever reason about Niku(commented on a thread he was on and felt the need to agree privately with me) and had said the following:

"I've been told Niku if off to a slow start and maybe hanging his head a bit after being sent down, which is common. The sooner he stops feeling sorry for himself, the sooner he becomes a full timer. His game is NHL ready, D zone needs work but that can be said for several in the roster right now. Still, Niku should go out and dominate and force his way into the team if he think's he's ready"

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

None

Feb 22, 2012
Fitness is a thing of specificity, most exercise science people would tell you.

Hockey in itself is in its own realm of specificity when it comes to fitness though, which is why an anaerobic exercise like the beep test can be used somewhat effectively to gauge fitness. It's not like they're evaluating a player's fitness based on the number of pull-ups they can do to a metronome (hello Sam Bennett).

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Fitness is a thing of specificity, most exercise science people would tell you.
Okay, then he's specifically out of shape when it comes to skating back and forth on an NHL size rink. Maybe he's really fit in other ways, though...

The source is me, watching from within 100 feet, two camps in a row.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I can verify. Ken Weibe DM'd me for whatever reason about Niku(commented on a thread he was on and felt the need to agree privately with me) and had said the following:

"I've been told Niku if off to a slow start and maybe hanging his head a bit after being sent down, which is common. The sooner he stops feeling sorry for himself, the sooner he becomes a full timer. His game is NHL ready, D zone needs work but that can be said for several in the roster right now. Still, Niku should go out and dominate and force his way into the team if he think's he's ready"

I noticed the head-hanging on an Appleton goal assisted by K-Ves, but I dismissed it because it's just one small instance. Anyway, K-Ves was trying to pass across to Niku for the tap-in, but it hit a skate and went to Appleton who scored. Niku didn't celebrate and just skated away, like he was mad he didn't get the puck. I dunno.

Reactions: HannuJ

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I noticed the head-hanging on an Appleton goal assisted by K-Ves, but I dismissed it because it's just one small instance. Anyway, K-Ves was trying to pass across to Niku for the tap-in, but it hit a skate and went to Appleton who scored. Niku didn't celebrate and just skated away, like he was mad he didn't get the puck. I dunno.

Maybe he just doesn't get along with Appleton. Those gingers, I tell ya... :sarcasm:

Reactions: littlerocketboy

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I expect Niku is watching tape of the LD of his camp and preseason and this year’s Jets games and, gazing at his AHL awards shelf, asking what the eff he has to do to play himself past Coasting Joe Morrow.

I’d hang my head a bit too.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I can verify. Ken Weibe DM'd me for whatever reason about Niku(commented on a thread he was on and felt the need to agree privately with me) and had said the following:

Remind me never to DM you.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I expect Niku is watching tape of the LD of his camp and preseason and this year’s Jets games and, gazing at his AHL awards shelf, asking what the eff he has to do to play himself past Coasting Joe Morrow.

I’d hang my head a bit too.
Sorry Sami, you're good, but not Ben-Chiarot-Good. Well, we're off to Finland. See ya! :sarcasm:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Haven't followed the thread, looks like I missed a lot on many fronts.
In summer I was pushing for Berdin to start in AHL as backup, felt he was ready. Then he had a rough "whatever that lame preseason tourney is called where we play scrubs and it means nothing" and people were bashing him left and right.
I'm glad he's found his confidence to start his pro career. He's a good goalie, let him stay up here to continue to learn, develop and get better. That's what the AHL is for. It's early, kid is raw, but he can develop with some coaching. I remember when a young Vasilevsky was flopping all over the place, over committing but athletic as heck. Give this kid some time, I think he can get consistently better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad