Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
From @winnipegnews twitter: Winnipegger Peter Stoykewych has been named the franchise's 8th captain. JC Lipon and Cameron Schilling will serve as alternates.

nbc105-9-15-98-snl.jpg

Stoyk! Stoykarino! The Stoykmeister! Puttin' on the C! :thumbu:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I want know why the message changed and we are now playing way more vets and sitting kids like Green. Not all that impressed.

Probably just trying to get everyone in for a game and see what they've got. Moose having just as much issues as the Jets scoring it seems.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Probably just trying to get everyone in for a game and see what they've got. Moose having just as much issues as the Jets scoring it seems.

McKenzie has seen two shifts tonight so far. Vincent using almost all vets on the PK. His first priority is development.

On the plus side Harkins looks like a legit player this year. He's been better than Spacek and Appelton imo.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
McKenzie has seen two shifts tonight so far. Vincent using almost all vets on the PK. His first priority is development.

On the plus side Harkins looks like a legit player this year. He's been better than Spacek and Appelton imo.

Just got an AHLTV sub and tuning in.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah that line has picked up their play

Thought everyone played pretty well in that third. PP converted, PK did it's job. Harkins, Seuss, Griffith, McKenzie, Appleton and Niku all looked pretty good. Comrie didn't get tested to much, Ottawa kept missing the net.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It was a fun game to be at:

Harkins is noticeably quicker and stronger on the puck this year. As mentioned earlier he looks like he belongs and has the tools to excel. He created and had at least two grade A chances in the second. He also played a strong all around game.

Spacek played relatively well. He managed the puck better last night then in past games and was good in his own end.

Appelton started to use his speed to beat players as the game went on. He had a real strong third.

Mckenzie didn't get much ice time but showed well in it. On his first shift he beat a defender wide and walked in for a great chance. He was his usual feisty self but needs to get more minutes.

Suess: He also played quite well, he is very good at using his skating to create space for himself down low. He has a nice mix skating, puck control and vision, looking forward to seeing more from him

Comrie: He played a real strong game in that he was square to the puck all night and managed his rebounds better. He faced a lot of difficult shots in the second and held the Moose in it.

Niku: He looked to be playing a much stronger all around game. His gaps were solid and he did a nice job at separating the opposition from the puck in his end. He also managed the risk in his game better. If he keeps this up then I think he wont be down there that much longer. Given how Chariot has looked I think the sooner he is up the better.

Nogier: He wasn't too noticeably as such he was probably doing his job as a defensive dmen in a low scoring game.

Poolman: He played a solid all around game. I hope he can keep building on it as the team needs a Myers replacement on the bottom pairing and I still think that he can more than adequately fill that role.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It was a fun game to be at:

Harkins is noticeably quicker and stronger on the puck this year. As mentioned earlier he looks like he belongs and has the tools to excel. He created and had at least two grade A chances in the second. He also played a strong all around game.

Spacek played relatively well. He managed the puck better last night then in past games and was good in his own end.

Appelton started to use his speed to beat players as the game went on. He had a real strong third.

Mckenzie didn't get much ice time but showed well in it. On his first shift he beat a defender wide and walked in for a great chance. He was his usual feisty self but needs to get more minutes.

Suess: He also played quite well, he is very good at using his skating to create space for himself down low. He has a nice mix skating, puck control and vision, looking forward to seeing more from him

Comrie: He played a real strong game in that he was square to the puck all night and managed his rebounds better. He faced a lot of difficult shots in the second and held the Moose in it.

Niku: He looked to be playing a much stronger all around game. His gaps were solid and he did a nice job at separating the opposition from the puck in his end. He also managed the risk in his game better. If he keeps this up then I think he wont be down there that much longer. Given how Chariot has looked I think the sooner he is up the better.

Nogier: He wasn't too noticeably as such he was probably doing his job as a defensive dmen in a low scoring game.

Poolman: He played a solid all around game. I hope he can keep building on it as the team needs a Myers replacement on the bottom pairing and I still think that he can more than adequately fill that role.

Thanks for the writeup. I've always seen Harkins as a very smart player whose tools could some polishing. Good to see him doing well.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Shooting for another shot

Article about Lipon. He always impresses me when I see him play, not just because he's balls out but he actually does seem to have good offensive instincts. It always surprises me when I see how few points he puts up.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Suess gets his second of the game. Unfortunately it's 5-2 at this point.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
So Green is still with the Moose and not playing? Not sure what the goal is with keeping him up, not playing him and not sending him to the ECHL to atleast get some minutes. Considering how many goals the Moose have been bleeding it should not be that hard to get him into the lineup. The only thing I can think of is an injury that they want to work on in Winnipeg instead of in Jacksonville.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Breaking news: Moose suck. Again. I think it's time for a Craig Heisinger: How short is his leash? thread.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
So Green is still with the Moose and not playing? Not sure what the goal is with keeping him up, not playing him and not sending him to the ECHL to atleast get some minutes. Considering how many goals the Moose have been bleeding it should not be that hard to get him into the lineup. The only thing I can think of is an injury that they want to work on in Winnipeg instead of in Jacksonville.

Yeah, can't imagine a city of over a million people in Florida could attract any good doctors. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad