Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Stoykewych just signed a 2-year deal. Is he a virtual lock to be the next Moose captain?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
2018-19 depth chart, assuming Griffith plays C

LWCRW
Kristian Vesalainen (unsigned)Seth Griffith (vet)Mason Appleton
Brendan LemieuxMichael SpacekDennis Everberg (vet)
Nic Kerdiles (RFA)C.J. SuessJC Lipon (RFA, vet)
Jansen HarkinsFelix Girard (AHL, vet)Cam Maclise (AHL)
Skyler McKenzieKristian Reichel (AHL)
Joey Ratelle (AHL)Matt Ustaski (AHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
Sami NikuPeter Stoykewych (AHL)
Cam Schilling (vet)Nelson Nogier
Logan StanleyLuke Green
Simon BourqueCharles-David Beaudoin (AHL)
Justin Woods (AHL)Jacob Cederholm (AHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
G
Eric Comrie (RFA)
Ken Appleby (AHL)
Mikhail Berdin
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Stoykewych just signed a 2-year deal. Is he a virtual lock to be the next Moose captain?

It's between him and Lipon, probably.
Lipon has seniority in playing for Jets' affiliates (since 2013; 2015 for Stoykewych), and he brings that 100+ PIM leadership like Cormier did ;)
Stoykewych has seniority in age and tenure in the organization (since 2010; 2013 for Lipon), and he's local, of course.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
2018-19 depth chart, assuming Griffith plays C

LWCRW
Kristian Vesalainen (unsigned)Seth Griffith (vet)Mason Appleton
Brendan LemieuxMichael SpacekDennis Everberg (vet)
Nic Kerdiles (RFA)C.J. SuessJC Lipon (RFA, vet)
Jansen HarkinsFelix Girard (AHL, vet)
Skyler McKenzieKristian Reichel (AHL)
Joey Ratelle (AHL)Matt Ustaski (AHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
Sami NikuPeter Stoykewych (AHL)
Cam Schilling (vet)Nelson Nogier
Logan StanleyLuke Green
Simon BourqueCharles-David Beaudoin (AHL)
Justin Woods (AHL)Jacob Cederholm (AHL)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
G
Eric Comrie (RFA)
Ken Appleby (AHL)
Mikhail Berdin
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Melchiori gone?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
this is a fun line-up and, for the first time, i actually look forward to seeing the D develop during the season. stanley, green and cederholm may look rought for the first 20 games, but hopefully we see them develop.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's a UFA and hasn't signed any contract yet. The Moose still have a veteran spot open so a possibility is still there - who knows.

Moose may have offered him an AHL contract too. He was on his 2nd contract for the last 2 years already so it is time. He may still be hoping for an NHL contract somewhere.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Stoyk will likely be captain of the few. Lipon wouldn't be a bad choice, but he has more of an agitator role and would be a great alternate captain.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Icemen extend NHL affiliation with Winnipeg Jets

"It's been great to work with an organization that we're on the same page with. Jets executives Mark Chipman, Kevin Cheveldayoff, Craig Heisinger, and their coaching staff--they run a first class organization that's invested a lot in our team," said Icemen head coach Jason Christie. "To be able to work with them sending players up, and being able to develop players they send down, was obviously key for us. For our guys, getting that opportunity move up to the next level was huge."

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Projected Offence:
LemiuexSpacekAppleton
KerdilesGriffithMckenzie
EverbergSuessHarkins
UtaskiRiechelLipon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Notes:

- Depth all through the lineup looks very, very strong all around

- Great AHL Vets(Kerdiles, Griffith, Everberg) coming in could give direction to new young guys coming in as well(McKenzie, Suess, Utaski)

- Lacks scoring star power like Roslovic(Vesalainen could change that very fast if he signs)

Projected Defence:
NikuPoolman
StanleyGreen
SchillingCederholm
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Notes:

- Assuming Stanley has improved in his skating flaws and some other areas while Green can stagnate or improve overall, I think this might be the best overall defence in the AHL(and it’s depth is amazing as well).

- Niku getting moved up would really hurt the team when it comes to star power(as he’s currently the best player on the Moose and best D-man in the AHL), but it’s possible Stanley or Green can replace him if they breakout in the AHL in a similar way that Niku did, if he where to move the Defence would still be amazing but the team dynamic would be very hurt overall by the loss of his talent due to the lack of star power already.

——-

This roster has the potential to repeat success or get even further with there depth but I’m still a little hesitant that they have the star power to be a Calder contender.

Last edited:
Reactions: JetsUK and Swiftt

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
^

Thanks for this. Looks like it’s going to be an exciting year for the Moose, I look forward to following them a bit more closely this year.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Projected Offence:
LemiuexSpacekAppleton
KerdilesGriffithMckenzie
EverbergSuessHarkins
UtaskiRiechelLipon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Notes:

- Depth all through the lineup looks very, very strong all around

- Great AHL Vets(Kerdiles, Griffith, Everberg) coming in could give direction to new young guys coming in as well(McKenzie, Suess, Utaski)

- Lacks scoring star power like Roslovic(Vesalainen could change that very fast if he signs)

Projected Defence:
NikuPoolman
StanleyGreen
SchillingCederholm
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Notes:

- Assuming Stanley has improved in his skating flaws and some other areas while Green can stagnate or improve overall, I think this might be the best overall defence in the AHL(and it’s depth is amazing as well).

- Niku getting moved up would really hurt the team when it comes to star power(as he’s currently the best player on the Moose and best D-man in the AHL), but it’s possible Stanley or Green can replace him if they breakout in the AHL in a similar way that Niku did, if he where to move the Defence would still be amazing but the team dynamic would be very hurt overall by the loss of his talent due to the lack of star power already.

——-

This roster has the potential to repeat success or get even further with there depth but I’m still a little hesitant that they have the star power to be a Calder contender.
It'll look even better with Vesalainen and Nogier.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
It'll look even better with Vesalainen and Nogier.

Until Vesalainen is signed and confirmed with the Moose I don’t think he should be added. But no questions I’d put Vesalainen in the Top 6 if he where signed(I don’t know if there coach would have him on the top line just yet though).

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Francis Beauvillier, who played for the Moose last season on an AHL deal, has signed with the Belfast Giants, per eliteprospects.com

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Also per eliteprospects.com, Brody Sutter won't be back. He signed to play in Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad